Bad Choice of Surgeon - Hawthorn, AU

It cost me $8059 and I regret it every day. I had...

It cost me $8059 and I regret it every day. I had blepharoplasty and a brow lift with Dr Rodger Davies in Hawthorn, Melbourne. The result was very uneven, with my left eye lid being both bigger and lower than my right. I couldn't move my left eyebrow or forehead for the first year, but the movement gradually came back. There was a cut through my left ear lobe which Rodger Davies couldn't explain. There was also a massive amount of blood and swelling around my left eye, which was not there on my right eye. Again, he could not explain this. My left eye is always red and sore, there is pain in the eyelid, and in the morning my left eye is stuck together with pus (to this day). I also have a lump in my left eyelid. I have visited two ophthalmologists who have said it is a suture granuloma from the surgery. However, when I asked Rodger Davies about it, he denied it was anything to do with his surgery and said it must have already been there. It's over two years since my surgery and my left eye causes me much grief and depression. I wish so much that I had never seen Rodger Davies. He is not good at his job, and he doesn't tell the truth if he makes a mistake.

before and after surgery

after surgery

Dr Rodger Davies

He did a bad job, made some mistakes, and wouldn't admit to any of them. He had some kind of accident during surgery with my left eye and forehead (and strangely with my ear lobe) but he would not admit to it. My left eye is a major problem to this day, and cosmetically the results are very uneven.

Lessonlearned04 was your surgery medical or cosmetic? Also, was it on a private list at a hospital?
my upper part of my face was mutilated by an oculoplastic surgeon out in Newport Beach. I gone to him for revision due to inner eyelid uneveness. Instead of fixing what I paid him to do, he cut me up all over the place and stitched up my eyebrows and to the lateral sides of my eyes. Above my eyebrows into my forehead he done something there(it looks like a line that old people have (horitzonal wrinkle) and he stitche me up making pleats from my right side of my forehead to the left side. In between my eyebrows he made really ugly pleats. As I age the uglestmagnetified 1000x. I cannot get any of it fix due to not enough skin and too many scars all over the place I have webbing on my eye lids, dents, divets. I have a lot of scars. After surgery all I paid attention to was how ugly my eyelids are and not anywhere else I wear heavy bangs so that covered my forehead. When I started to notice my forehead was operated on , it was too late to take Dr. W. of newport beach, ca to court . He used invisilbe stitches and my bangs was covering my forehead so I didn't realize the full detail of what was done to me. People might think maybe it is an exageration, but if you see me in person, then you know I tell you the truth. I have stitch marks all over the top half of my face. I still have a picture of myself taken before Dr. W operated on me. He aged me over 45 years. No one believe my real age. People think I am an old lady. My eyes look really old with cuts all over the place and heavy pleat, but Dr. W. forgotten all about what he done to me. HE goes on living like he done nothinkg wrong. HE denies it, but i know there is a God somewhere and one day he will be punish for damaging my face so badly. I don't look at myself from side profile, but when I did I realize how why people look at me that way. I have these really deep wrinkles on the side of my eyes, I have cuts all over my eyelids that is uglier front the side profile than the front profile. He ruin my life and he still go on denying what he done to my face.
To lesson learned: Get some detailed description of what went on in your surgery. Telling a doc that your surgeon "had some kind of accident" is not enough.
I have heard good things about Alan McNab too, from the person who recommended Justin Friebel to me. Has anyone heard anything about Justin Friebel? His manner is very professional and friendly. So far I have only seen him for a consultation, not for surgery.
They are all professional and friendly initially....proof is in past results!!! Is his name spoken in professional circles? If other docs (plural) recommend him then that is a very good sign.
Dr. McNab repaired very badly retracted lower lids. I also had slight tendency to entropion in one of my lids. My previous surgeon ignored my concern re this. Of course post the surgery it became very unstable. Dr. McNab fixed this too. I had several surgerys with him to repair everything. I had bilateral hard palate grafts. I had some problems with one as it flipped out of place. I do have different shaped eyes, but I decided not to have any more surgery to fix this as my lids had become so unstable. I cannot say my eyes are perfect, nor are they as I had before, but Alan McNab did the best he could with me. I also know that he has worked on other peoples eyes that have been botched by previous surgery. He will be realistic with you, and he is not too expensive. He is very very highly regarded in "eye" circles.
could you post photos
Wow stunned saw Dr Rodger Davies yesterday and had him penciled in for May next year but I have an appointment with Dr Howard Webster tomorrow and yes it is free because I mentioned Realself. So I will post comment tomorrow night. I am getting more and more confused.
I am so sorry to hear about your experience. I am also in Australia, Melbourne looking to get this surgery. Upon advice on here I have decided to go and see an ophthalmologist and have been doing research as to which one to go and see. I had decided with Dr Rodger Davies and was planning to get the surgery done later in the year by him as he seemed very reputable. I am glad that you have posted about your experience. After seeing your comments, I will continue to do my research. Are your surgery results fixable?
Thank you teej_s01. I'm not sure if any of it can be fixed or not. I'm seeing Dr Justin Friebel this week for a consultation, he is at Cabrini in Melbourne. He was recommended to me, and it's the first time I've built up enough trust and confidence to try and see another surgeon. I'll let you know how I go with him. The attitude of both Rodger Davies and his reception staff really changed towards me after the surgery. Before they were really nice and really encouraging, afterwards they were cold, silent and made it clear they wanted me to go away quietly. I'm guessing from this that he has had many unhappy patients, and in fact there was a woman in there complaining about her surgery when I came in for a post-op appointment. I regret so much that I went with him, I wish I'd done more research.
Have you seen Alan McNab? He is very experienced and fixed my eyes which had been made such a mess by a surgeon in Tasmania.
See your local Health Complaints Commission. Make a complaint about him. They are free and will help you with this. This complaint will go on his record. These doctors who take no responsibility must be stopped.
That is so disappointing to hear from a doctor that seems to be so trustworthy and professional as Dr Roger Davies is the Dr I found after a long hard search myself. I can understand how you would feel with trusting other doctors after your experience. How did you go with your consultation with Dr Justin Friebel?
Hello, I just started to do some research on Alan McNab, after seeing your comment. What was the surgery that you've had with him? What went wrong with your surgery in Tasmania? Good to her that you've found a doctor to help you and fix the results of your surgery for you as well! :)
so sorry to hear about your disaster surgery at the hands of Rodger Davis. no doubt your comments have saved many from a potentially, terrible long term problem. Thank you for posting this information and saving others from his knife. I to was going t o see him, have cancelled. Have you had any success with Alan McNab or Alan Friebel. How are your eyes now?
Hi, Did you go to or have work done by Dr Alan McNab? did your research about him or Dr Justin Friebel come up with anything. Also looking to have surgery for heavy eye lids. Went to see a Dr Maryla Stelmach a while back, hmm... one to avoid from her client/doctor manners and what I subsequently heard.
My surgery was done without informed consent. That crazy doctor deny it. I was very young when he done this to me. As I age, my upper part of the face is showing the damages this doctor done to me. No one in my family has those forhead wrinkles. I am the 2nd to the youngest out of a large family. No one has "11's" between their eyebrows. Not even my dad. At first the surgeons can tell someone did a nightmare job to my eyelids, but they didn't realize that extends to my forehead too! He is insane. I think I got it the worst. I paid for eyelid surgery and this doctor aged me. Why would I paid him to put stitch marks, dents, permanent dynamic wrinkles all over the place. Plastic surgeons at close examination realized someone done that to me. They said that doctor should be put behind bars. This doctor denies it on review site calling any negative reviews a lie. He even claim that he is a perfectionist and all his patients are happy. He claimed all negative remarks are made by one patinets from 15 years ago. I am not from 15 years ago. I am from 22 years ago. So there it goes, it openly acknowledge some of his evil doings. He removed a remark that he thought it was a patient from 5 years ago, then he now claim it is a patient from 15 years ago. I hope review sites will not allow him to remove any of his comments next to negative reviews. How can he understand how I feel. I trusted him and he mutialated my face.
Hi Alice So sorry to hear your sad story. Who is this Dr . What is the name of this person?
He denies it and all surgeons and doctors know I am telling the truth. People do not point finger to the wrong doctor. He claimed that some of his former patients are spreading very vicous lies about his work which is the truth. You will need to see my face and see all those damages he done and the proof is all there. I will need to send you a personal message to tell you who he is. Please be very careful because I trust and ended up with something very bizzard. He made wrinkles on my forehead and with close up examine you can see all those stitch marks that is used to create them. As I age all the scars and cuts, and pleats magnetify. It appears he done surgery to age me according to one surgeon.