My Doctor Should Have Been Totally Honest with Me!! - Hawaii

It has been a exactly three weeks since my Pearl...

It has been a exactly three weeks since my Pearl Laser treatment, and I look horrible! My face is still red and blotchy and I get stares from people every where I go! A friend of mine asked me if I was suffering from some kind of skin allergy. I am so frustrated and disappointed! I did it to get rid of the wrinkles under my eyes and to minimize my pores but so far my wrinkles are still there (just less deep) and my pores are the same size. And now I look worst than before the procedure because of all these red blotches all over my face. What's worst is that I'm getting married in 7 days! My doctor assured me that I would be fully healed by my wedding date--in fact his exact words were, "You'll be fine--if anything, you'll just have a slight pinkness to your face". Now I can't help but wonder if he just wanted my money!

I went to the store and purchased a product from Clinique that is supposed to help minimize "redness" on my face. The sales person put a little on me and it did help somewhat, but I still look awful. It brings me to tears every time I think about looking this way at my wedding!

It has now been exactly 6 weeks since the Pearl...

It has now been exactly 6 weeks since the Pearl Laser treatment, and my skin is now covered in brown blotches, which my doctor calls "hyper-pigmentation". WTF??? Isn't the laser treatment supposed to get rid of hyper-pigmentation, and NOT cause it?? I am so angry!! So now he's trying to play it off, saying that it will fade overtime. I don't want it to fade--I want it gone!! After all, I didn't have a brown, blotchy face before the procedure!
He has been trying to treat me with some kind of LED light, claiming that it should help too. I have had two treatments so far and I still look the same. He also gave me certain kinds of facial creams, that while seem to be great moisturizers, does little for the stains on my face! ARGH!!!!

I visited another doctor for a second opinion on...

I visited another doctor for a second opinion on the results of the Pearl Fractional laser treatment I received. He told me that I am right to be concerned because it looks as though my face has actually been scarred! He suggested that I request a copy of my medical records from the doctor that performed the treatment so that he can get an idea of where things went wrong. He feels that the settings on the laser may have been set too high. When I told him that the my doctor have been administering LED light treatments to my face, claiming that it should help with the inflammation, but that there seems to be very little improvement. He said that LED light treatments aren't proven to help and that although it won't harm my face, it certainly won't help either. :o(

I DO NOT RECOMMEND the Pearl Fractional Laser to ANYONE! BEWARE!!

Honolulu Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. F does not seem overly concerned about the obvious side effects that I suffer from as a result of his laser treatment on my face.

I was planning to go to this same MD but now afraid to after this review. I think I will cancel the treatment. I'm glad I found this review! Thank you.

Hi Angry,

Welcome to the community and thanks for the review. I'm so sorry to hear what you have gone through, especially so close to your wedding day. Have you been back to your doctor? Please keep us updated.

Thanks,

-Britt

I have indeed been back to my doctor, and I still look terrible. He claims that out of all the patients he's had, I'm the only one to react to the laser treatment this way. I don't buy it.
He has given me two LED light treatments so far, which has done nothing to lighten the patches of red and brown on face. He's also given me CliniqueMedical products, which so far has done nothing either.
The odd thing is that he said to me, "I used a low setting on you, so I don't know why your face looks like this", which gave me the impression that he was lying and that he most likely is covering up for the fact that he used a high setting on me.