Juvederm Lip Injection - Hawaii

Overall I am happy with the results. However after...

Overall I am happy with the results. However after three weeks I went back because my lips were not symmetrical. Additionally I got two hematomas. One on the inside of my upper lip and the other on the inside of my lower lip. The upper lip hematoma occurred after the first injection and the lower after the second. The upper hematoma has reduced in size after three weeks, but it not completely gone. I received my second injection three days ago and the hematoma appear within a hour. The lower hematoma is big enough to distort my smile because when my lips stretch the hematoma is squeezed between my gums and my lips. This causes the lip to bulge and look fuller. I am hoping that this hematoma also reduces in size. When it does, I believe I will be very pleased with the results.

I have been searching for home remedies to treat the hematoma and haven't found anything. I am not sure if I should put ice or warm compresses. Any suggestions?

Everything was very good or excellent. I would have like to have a follow up call from a staff member to check in. I did not receive one. I had to call to discuss the hematoma.

Im in hawaiias as well. To who did you go?
I have checked in with the doc and he said that it just happens with some people and not with others. The treatment is arnica gel and tablets, along with warm compress to the hematoma to increase circulation in that region. The upper hematoma is almost completely gone after 3.5 weeks. I now just have to be patient and wait it out.

Hi pasison,

That's no fun at all. You might want to go back and check with your doctor to see what happened. Please keep us updated on what happens next.

Thanks and enjoy the rest of your week!

-Britt