Black Wrist Tattoo Removal (Picosure) Journey - Hawaii, HI

So far I have had 4 treatments done. The first...

So far I have had 4 treatments done. The first two treatments were Q-switch and then the last two were Picosure treatments. I'm not sure how long this process will take. I was hoping for it to be gone by May of this year but it looks like I have many more treatments to go. My journey started in Oct. 9 of 2013 (first treatment), second treatment on Nov. 15, third treatment (picosure) on Dec. 19 and my last treatment on Feb. 7th. I have my third picosure on April 18th, fifth overall treatment. Hopefully it goes well.

Waiting for the 5th overrall (3rd Picosure) treatment

This is how my tattoo looks now. I have my next treatment this Friday on the 18th. Anyone have any luck with complete removal on their wrists? What can I do to speed up the removal process? Any insight and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi- I also had removal on a wrist tatt. It is slower on the wrists b/c they are extremities...BUT, it is possible. The thing i learned is that, unfortunately, there is no way to "speed up" the removal process. The reason I believe this is b/c the body has to do the majority of the work, with the laser ONLY breaking the ink up. And although the body is amazing, it works at a super slow pace. It's having a strong immune system (as this carries away the ink particles) that is of utmost importance- so staying hydrated, eating well, exercising- all of this will aid the process. Also massage (which moves lymph) and healing oils (vitamin E, bio oil, rose hip oils) are great to replenish the skin as they aid in omegas which help w/ cell renewal. One more thing- in fact I noticed this from yr pics....I would recommend waiting at least 2mo (or more) b/w treatments. It looks to me like the most fading of yr tatt occurred b/w the 1st Pico and 2nd Pico- in which you waited 8+ wks (esp as yr treatments continue on). My Dr told me fading continues up to a year after a session (and I have wwaited 5 mo in b.w some sessions and saw continued fading). Honestly though, your progress looks great- my tatt was a thin, yet heavy heavy outline which is why I think my tatt took so long to fade. Yr tatt looks less dense and moreso like shading to a degree, so I think you will fare really well as you continue along. Taking time in b/w treatments also allows yr skin to heal b/c scarring prolongs healing and yr nxt treatment's results in my opinion. I think your results look great so far :)
Thanks for your advice. I have my next session tomorrow, which will be 10 weeks from my last treatment. I plan to add 3 weeks more for each treatment going forward, so the treatment after will be 13 weeks, 16 weeks, 19 weeks, and etc...
That sounds like a really great plan...I like that :)

Right before my 3rd picosure treatment (5th overall treatment)

This is 10 weeks after my 2nd picosure treatment (4th overall). Took this right before my third picosure treatment today.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Pictures of my wrist right after my third picosure treatment (5th overall)

My doctor told me he used the highest setting this time. Didn't give me a numerical value but the frosting looks good. He said, maybe three more treatments after this. Hopefully the fading is a lot better this time. Only time will tell. I'll post some after it heals.

Thanks for sharing your updated photos, keep us posted!

24 hrs after 3rd Picosure treatment

Here are some pictures of my tattoo 24 hrs after my third picosure treatment. Its pretty swollen and sore. The blisters aren't that big. I'm using neosporin to help it heal faster and minimize scarring. So far I have no issues with scarring.

24 hrs after 3rd Picosure treatment

Hey, your fadings looking nice! Would you say the pico works better than traditional lasers in your opinion? How long have you been waiting between pico sessions? Thanks and good luck!
Most definitely the pico works a lot better than the Q-switch laser. In my first two treatments with the Q-switch, I didn't see too much fading. But with the pico, its faded a lot more. I waited 10 weeks from my last treatment. I plan on waiting 13 weeks for my next treatment and will keep adding another 3 weeks for each additional treatment.
How is the last treatment looking lately?

3 weeks after my 3rd picosure tx and 5th overall

Fully healed now, its been 3 weeks since my last treatment. I can see some break up of the ink on the top right corner. I was hoping for more fading.... I will post another update in a few weeks. My next treatment is on July 18th.

How old was your tattoo? I've heard it's easier if it's old...
I forget exactly when I got it. Over 5-7 years... not really sure.
That is some wonderful fading, remember it will continue to fade.