Worth It! - Havertown, PA

My eyes have always been uneven, but when I hit 44...

My eyes have always been uneven, but when I hit 44 I also noticed my lids were drooping. I started researching blephoplasty on here and decided to do it. The procedure was painless and took about an hour. The recovery was a lot longer then I had anticipated. It took about 10 days till I could wear makeup and 3 months before the swelling of my eyes in the morning went away. All in all it was worth it! The scars are pretty much invisible after a year.
Dr John Lee

You look great. Congratulations! Would you be able to provide more information on your recovery? How did you decide on Dr. Lee? How long before you felt comfortable going out in public/back to work? Thanks.
I actually found Dr Lee from a co worker. He specializes in eyes only. I went for a consult and liked his bedside manor. He also answered all of my questiones. Being a nurse I had a lot of them!.. Lol. As far as my recovery. It was longer then I had anticipated. I took two weeks off of work but felt I needed more time. When I did go back I swore people could tell I just had surgery but nobody noticed. My eyes were really swollen in the mornings but that would subside in a couple of hours. I did have some worry about the scar on one eye because it opened up a little but Dr Lee assured me that the eyelids skin heals very quickly and a year later I have no noticeable scars. I hope this helps.
You look Gorgeous!!! Thank You for sharing..
Thanks so much for sharing on RealSelf and welcome to the Community.  You look amazing!  Always nice to see pictures a year later.
Wow! You look great!! It looks like you healed quite quickly too - I'm only 2 days after surgery but look a mess.
Glad to hear and see that you had such a positive outcome! You look absolutely awesome! :-)