Just Started - Hauppauge, NY

I'm 51. I have crowding/crooked teethe and now as...

I'm 51. I have crowding/crooked teethe and now as I get older my teethe are shifting looking worse. A woman at work had this done and raved. I think this is a wonderful way to improve in plain sight. I am 4 days in and definitely feel it! I am having a little problem w/the bottom.
The edges seem to be irritating the inside of my lip. Not cutting though like the metal used to do. As today is Sunday I have to wait til tomorrow to ask if there is a remedy, The old days they used a wax. Except for that very minor issue I am loving the fact at how easy this is going to be. I did experience nausea and a headache but I KNOW its because I kept swallowing the first two days trying to suck out what i felt was excess water (you"ll See) and the headache is from the tightness/shift of the teethe. This is all extremely acceptable as we have a foreign object on our teethe!
Dr Kreitzberg

He is my regular dentist with a great "bedside" manner. He is very enthusiastic and I appreciate that very much!

How is that little irritation doing? You probably know by now, as I'm assuming you have spoken to your office, but you can still use wax over the trays. You can check out this forum for other ideas on how to help with rubs from the trays:

Help please - How do I deal with sharp tray edges?

Congrats on starting your treatment!! Looking forward to following your journey. :)

I just started bottom tray 3 days ago and am having problem over the weekend with one side causing the underside of my tongue to bleed a little. I'm keeping it in check with a gauze pad until Monday when I can see my orthodontis about the filing of the tray as you describe. I think this sounds like a great idea.... may try one area before seeing orthodontist to get all trays files. Will also try the wax they gave me. Seems to me Invisalign should be held accountable for not ensuring trays coming out of molds are "safe" to surrounding soft tissue (don't mean accountable in a legal sense, but from a quality control perspective.... maybe they need a SixSigma project to fix the problem and sustain their reputation).