Juvederm is Great! However, the Outcome Depends Upon the Person Injecting It!

I went into Dr. office for Juvederm under my eyes...

I went into Dr. office for Juvederm under my eyes to fill in any hollows. The workers in the office said that the doctor's patients just "love the results" of Juvederm. I told him exactly what i wanted done, just smooth out the hollows, that is it! When he came after me with that needle, something told me to get out of there quickly, but i stayed. I took Arnica Montana and had minimal bruising, but it is nearly a week later, and it looks like somebody threaded thick yarn under my skin. My left eye is OK except for obvious random bumps, but on the right eye I have this bulge snaking out around my eye and I look like afreak! i have been so depressed and wish i had never spent the $750 to look awful. I am now making appointment to try to remove some of this. He said he can inject enzyme into the area to dissolve the product, but I hope he does not charge me more money to dissolve the $750 mistake he made. I recommend asking for before and after pictures and asking other patients of the doctor how they like that procedure before shelling out hundreds of dollars to look bad and feel depressed. I do not even want to go out into public i feel so awful. BEsides, he didn't even fill in the hollow in my cheek that i specifically asked for.

I decided to go to a different doc to do Juvederm...

I decided to go to a different doc to do Juvederm in  my NL folds.  I went to dermatology residents at a popular private medical school that has turned out some of the country's most reknowned cosmetic dermatologists.  They were very conservative and used about 3/4 tube to do both NL folds, some in my cheek, and under my eyes.  She saved the remaining 25% of the tube and told me I can come back within the year for any touchups.  I looked beautiful and natural when I came ouf of the office.  They did the cross-hatch technique and it results in smooth and even skin.  There are no heavy lines are bulges witih this technique.  I got rave reviews about how great i looked later that day, but I did not tell anyone I visisted a dermatologist for Juvederm.  I just let them think I was rested. :)   So Juvederm is a wonderful product, but you must make sure you have a competent person injecting it who  understands what the product will do once it is in the human body.

Tulane Dermatology Clinic, Residents, New Orleans, LA

They are well-trained by wonderful dermatologists on how to properly use injectible fillers for a naturally-youthful look.

I am terrified of pain. I am told that a dental block would alleviate the pain. I suppose any juvederm injection around the eyes can obviously not be done with any pain block other than a topical cream. Also who is the best doctor in Plano, Texas for this procedure Thanks
After 2 injections of Juvederm in each nasalbloid, the results went away in 3 days - did they inject it wrong and should I go back to the doctor to complain? I am 48 and they were not that deep.
How much volume was used? Do you also know the technique used? thank you.
I am not sure the volume but it cost $600 per injection and an RN did the injections - not a doctor. When I got home, it looked good and then a couple of days later it seemed to have absorbed into my skin. The wrinkles didn't come back in full but you can see them which was not was I was going for but I didn't want to have to go back and spend more money on more injections. Thanks,
I do my own injections, and my results last a very long time. I am wondering if they diluted it. Some doctors do by mixing with another solution. I use mine straight from the tube 24 mg/mL. I did my lips a year ago, and they still look terrific!
If they used that much volume and it went down a lot in a few days, it sounds like they "cut" it with saline solution. By doing this, it saves them money and prevents big mistakes because a diluted juvederm is more forgiving if they mess up. But they should reduce the price accordingly. Saline solution is very cheap.
When you say your eyes, do you mean under them. I have Arnica but I forgot how many to take and for how many days?
Hi yes under my eyes. I took arnica for about maybe 2 days before and during the day of injection and a day or so later. i took 3 pills about 3 times a day.
Nasolabial folds and Botox, you got your eyes filled? You weren't too swollen to work? Thanks for all the info, I appreciate it:-)
Hey Elizabeth 17 :) Ok i loved the way they did the NL folds. they only put a tiny bit into my eyes! teeny tiny! so it looked so natural when I left. no i was not swollen at all. No bruises. I took arnica montana and bromelein before i went in for a coupla days.
I live in N.O as well . How much did tulane charge you and weren't you worried about a resident doing your procedure ?
Hi, did i ever reply to you? I don't even remember i get so many replies. :) Tulane Dermatology resident clinic charged me i think it was $420 for the tube of juvederm, and $20 for the visit. So this was much cheaper than the $550 private practices charge around here. they are infinitely better. They only accept cash and when I went their cosmetic dermatology clinic was on Tuesdays. Their phone # is 504-988-2740
Thanks, I made an appointment for this month. Hopefully I will be as happy with the results as you were
Wonderful! Please let me know how it turns out! i was so happy after I left their office. As soon as I went to work (right after the injection) one of the little 23 year old girls told me, "You look so young!" I did not tell them where I went or what i did. :) What are you planning to get done?
LOL honey, after having a total of FOUR Board Certfied drs (two PS and two derms) mess up my face in some form or fashion, how much worse could a resident do? As a matter of face, the resident was the best I ever had!! I found her the other day. she decided to now do a fellowship in pathology, which i was very distressed to hear. I think I will ask her to inject me on the side. :)
Hi Elizabeth, how did the Tulane derm visit go?
did the enzyme work????