Hated the Experience and Looked Worse Afterwards

Hi there. I had Fraxel 3 weeks ago and had a...

Hi there. I had Fraxel 3 weeks ago and had a terrible experience with it. Severe swelling, bronzing and a massive cold sore outbreak on my face which I have never had before. I was on Valtrex for that and eventually that settled down. Don't believe anyone that tells you there is little downtime. I was out of sight for almost 2 weeks and when I told my dermatologist he told me I was unusual and that isn't typical and really defensive and disrespectful towards my concerns. My face looks worse and I have pock marks on my cheeks that weren't there before and one of them is little circles that follow a circle which I think is the shape of the laser. I went back today for a consult as to what to do next as I can't handle the fraxel and pointed out the circular scar type of dents and he tried to tell me they were acne scars from before. Sure, in an exact circular pattern! He was defensive and told me Fraxel couldn't scar and dismissed me outright. I paid 3500$ for 5 treatments and won't dare risk another. This is a scam and the dermatologists are in on it. I paid all this money to look worse!!! My cheeks look like orange peels when they were smooth before just pigmented. Now my whole face looks lumpy. Don't do it!!!!