I Hate my Eyebrow Tattoo, They Look Awful!

My eyebrows were very light and not much hair at...

My eyebrows were very light and not much hair at the end of the brows, but they are in nice shape. I decided to get eyebrow tattoo.

I had my first eyebrow tattoo done at the end of 2005. They were perfect and look so natural, they just look a little darker than my natural brows by 10., I was so impressed.

My eyebrows tattoo faded very quickly as it was light, therefore I booked in to have my eyebrow touch up about 8 days ago, it was horrible. I hate them so much--too dark and thick. I look like I put two big hooks on my eyebrows and I am angry all the time.

I am using facial scrub to rub my eyebrows everyday, and I just started to use acid peel, hoping that they will fade quicker. Does anyone know how to fade the eyebrow tattoo quicker. Any other options apart from laser treatment? I am so desperate, please help.

Hi dear, I am an permanent makeup artist and I do corrections on clients who aren't happy with their eyebrows. I have done a despigmentation on people with the same problem as you. The problem is that I live in Brazil at the moment. Have a look at my website: thaissiera.com I might come to live in Europe maybe in Belgium this year. So if you like you can contact me on contato@thaissiera.com.
Guys where do u laser out your eyebrow tattoos? I had my eyebrows tattoos done two years ago and absolutely hate them. I asked a lot of clinics in Canada and the US and they all say they don't remove cosmetic tattoos cause they aren't ink but they are pigment. They all said if the laser hit the tattoo it will get even darker!!!! Do u guys have cosmetic permanent tattoos or real ink tattoos?
Dr. Kovak. Tel. (630) 758-0470. Dermatologist in Illinois.
It took 3 1/2 years of laser to remove the ink and my eyebrows did not turn darker! I did the removal with 3 doctors. I had used three different types of lasers. I had each treatment done very 6 to 8 weeks apart. Sometimes longer time between treatments. This way, I knew they were healed and to let the brows grow hair on them. I used three different doctors because each doctor had a different laser that worked differently on my brows pending on the pigment left once the healing process was completed with that treatment. I did not scar because for each treatment I put ointment Aqua?? (forget the name) thickly on my brows for weeks. Walked around with bangs to hide the healing and stayed out of the sun too. Very important to stay out of the sun. I am still wearing bangs because I am growing the brows out and they are a bit bushy but in some areas there is no hair growth. I did approx. of 15-17 treatments total. It has been 1 1/2 years since the last treatment. Eyebrows are very slow to come back BUT they are growing back. Some areas are sparse and some are back to normal. I have not had my brows professional shaped yet. I am going to wait until this May 2014 (my 2 year mark of last treatment. Also, my son is graduating from high school and do not want to look like Grocho Marx). This has been a humbling experience. Every time I did a treatment, I thought maybe this would be the last BUT it was not. After the last treatment and they were healed, I still had a bit of pigment left. But I decided enough was enough before I was totally bald. What I have done every 3 months is brow tinting. I have this done to darker the baby hairs that are growing so I can see them in the mirror and be relaxed. The hair is growing back be like I said very slowly and lighter compared to what I had before I decided to tat them. They will never be the same (thick) BUT I can at least see myself in the mirror daily without crying. I live in the states and all three doctors live in OHIO. I drove 2 hrs away for the last doctor and had only three treatments with him. I had permanent cosmetic tatting. You can get lasered off. Just research your doctors and the types of machines they use. Keep me posted or if you have any questions just ask. Good luck!!!!!!
I just got in from having mine done at face cardiff. They look ok..had them done before and they faded really quick, hence getting them done again. What's wrong with yours then?
never use face cosmetics cardiff
I agree!
Go for the laser treatment and have them re-done.. Its very fast, only 10 mins or so and Soo worth it :)
When u get them lasered to remove the tattoo, does the hair fall out?
Hi ladies, I had my eyebrows done earlier this year. The salon that did them were absolutely terrible and I ended up looking like a cross between a man in drag and an angry clown. I lost my confidence and felt awful. After months of distress I've finally had mine removed by laser only today, hopefully just the one treatment but we'll see. I'm lucky, I have a friend who has a tattoo parlour (and laser) and a friend who is a cosmetic tattooist!! If anyone local to Walsall/Birmingham needs any work removed or re-done I can personally vouch for Tataholics in Olbury.. and Rachel Jo-Adams who is an absolute perfectionist when it comes to eyebrow tattoo's. I cant wait for her to re-do mine :) I had a really bad and painful experience but having seen Rachel's work on my daughter and many other people, I have no qualms in going through it all again. If anyone would like any contact details please email me at vivstrazz@hotmail.com. If you're wondering why I didn't go to Rachel first. I was only thinking about having an eyebrow tattoo done and hadn't actually decided when a family member bought me the eyebrow tattoo as a gift on a groupon offer. I thought that the salon would know what they were doing and the results would be the same.. My mistake, but I'm paying for it.
Hi , I had my eyebrows done 18 months ago and they have obviously faded but they are red and look a mess now where the last part of the ink is left in, they were a nice dark brown colour but now they are red and look silly, how much is the laser removal and is it effective? Thanks Gemma
Hello, I had my eyebrows done in Sutton Coldfield in April, they were supposed to be a light brown but turned out blue they were awful, she said it was a problem with the pigments she used - the consultant asked me to go back as soon as they healed, she did it again, this time they turned bright orange - she said that she was sure she was getting it right and needed to do it one more time - she said it took longer to get the colour lighter so I went back a third time that was in June and they are now Red - its a nightmare - I have been told that even laser would not be able to get rid of them because of the light colours used - can anyone help or know of a cream to help remove them?
Hi there! I am a tattooist of 8 years and I also do permanent eyebrow tattoos! I have found with a lot of these 'professional clinics' that they have NO clue whatsoever at all about tattooing. It is tattooing at the end of the day and the courses they go on will not teach them a goddamn thing...it takes years! I have seen some god awful semi permanent eyebrow tattoos! The red hue is down to the brown ink used...the blue due to black inks...both should be combined in different ratios to achieve natural looking hair colour! Fear not however...your eyebrow tattoos WILL fade. How quickly that will happen depend from person to person. My advice would be to gently exfoliate each day and moisturise...don't scrub like mad as this won't make a blind bit of difference! Unfortunately the only way around this whilst they are fading is to pencil over the top! I've been pencilling my eyebrows for over 10 years...Rimmel being the best by far (the one with the brush on the end)...everyone always compliments my eyebrows! I won't tattoo them because I can't do it myself...and frankly wouldn't trust anyone else! Chin up hun...they will fade :) feel free to come see me or my even more experienced collegue! Spear Studio in Birmingham...ask for Kerry or Sophie :) (that wasn't a sales pitch byw...just feel sorry for women being ripped off for something they hate on their FACE!!! We chars £70 for permanent eyebrow tattoos!!!
I had a bad eye tattoo job and I used 25% TCA to get rid of it, fortunately I did not react to the solution.
Wish you are in wales
What is TCA?
Hi I had my brows done near Liverpool 18 months ago, they were lovely and a nice dark brown shade, but they have faded not long after I had them done and they are now red and it looks silly, they have been red for a while now and I try exfoliating them but they just hav not lightened or faded anymore, I do pencil them in but I don't wear makeup everyday I have 2 kids and don't have the time everyday but they just look pretty naff and not sure how or when or if they will fade, I was thinking of getting them done again but it's the money keep having them done if they faded as quick as before, my husbands family is from redditch so not too far from Birmingham , so how much would you do mine for if I decided to get them done , and will they last longer than 7-8 months , need something as I try to cover my face and it gets to me.. I'm prefab battle moment so it won't be until September time Thanks and hope you can help Gemma
I want to add to this, 25% TCA worked perfectly to get rid of them and its very tolerable.
Infinity makeup artist in Roade, Northampton is spot on, she listens and her work is perfect ;-))
Hello :-) I had my eyebrows done about a month ago, and I've already removed them with laser. They were too awful for me to go outside, i couldn't even go to the store without people staring or laughing at me. I have blonde hair like white hair, and my eyebrows were too thick and black, it looked awful. I decided to remove them two days after I got the tattoos, cause i couldn't even go to work. I tried to remove them at home at first, I used olive oil and just scrubbed the eyebrow area 24/7, and the color started fading! but i really didn't like the shape of the eyebrows, so I removed them, and it healed in about three to four days, it feels so great. They were really kind, and they also thought it looked awful, so I got it cheeper because my eyebrows were so uneven, thick, and totally wrong color.
Hi AnneLK, I would really like some advice as I am so anxious about my eyebrows. The shape is all wrong and the colour is suppose to be brown and it has become grey, I got them done five days ago! You said that you removed them after two days, as in laser removal? and did it only take one session to do so? Just a little confused as everything I have come across so far tells me its a process, not a procedure so I am very interested in how and where??? PLEASE HELP ME!!! Karla :)
hi, had my brows done in florida yesterday, he done them too dark, im very blonde pale skinned, als they are too thick, i cant sleep with worry but hubby cant see what im on about, im hoping to get them laser's to thin and shape them and im hoping my eyebrows he shaved will grow, im having to go sick from work and im not venturing out the house, is laser the answer?? was you happy??
same!! im sick with worry, had mine done in florida, i live in uk, ive scrubbed them but his gon etoo thick and light brown is dark for my colouring, i think im going to laser!
they are great now, leave them be to heal...i was bit hasty!!!
Had my eyebrows done years a go they were awful way above my own brow, had decided to have it done as my natural brows had gone patchy an had lost the end tail. Over the years I've had top ups in the hope of making them better, this hasn't worked! Decided to go down the removal route had two consultations with different technicians. One has said she would 1st go in with a saline an salt removal method to start with the other has said rejuvi ( i am having 3 quarter parts of brow removed as front will be kept and a new tattoo put in line with them, as my own are too patchy to leave au natural!) any thoughts on what I should do?