Minimal Incision Arm Lift - Tomorrow! - Hartford, CT

Hoping for any info on the minimal incision arm...

Hoping for any info on the minimal incision arm lift procedure (scar in the arm pit only) - recovery time, scar healing issues, how much of an improvement can be expected etc. I've always had disproportionately heavy arms and despite having great muscles, as soon as I raise them up, the skin/fat hangs down. I won't wear short sleeves at all so I finally decided to try this. My doc says he will do some lipo first and then the arm pit incision procedure. Let me know if you have anything to share!

So far recovery is easy- off pain meds and just...

So far recovery is easy- off pain meds and just resting. Curious - I don't really see any bruising and my arms do not look any smaller. Is that normal? Dr. lipo'd area first and then did the procedure. I guess I would have expected a change in size but the measurements right now are exactly what they were before the op. Thoughts?

Couldn't be less pleased! My arms are 1/2 inch...

Couldn't be less pleased! My arms are 1/2 inch smaller and my scar is 3 inches out the back of my underarm - not concealed in the underarm at all! I'm sick about it! All that money for such upsetting results. I will likely try to find a dr for smart lipo and scar revision to see if I can salvage things.

More surgery to work on scars

Well so much for minimal scar arm lifts! Surgeon left hideous scars coming out the back of my underarms. He stitched in such a way that I was left with half inch wide scars and the stitch holes were visible too. Just had scar revision surgery by a different doctor- all invisible stitches that dissolve. He said he can't do anything about the fact that I have permanent scars coming out the underarms but at least they should be thin with no stitch marks. What a nightmare this has been.
Dr. Beam

Hi there,

Welcome and thanks for sharing your journey with us. Have you taken a look through our other Arm Lift reviews? You may be able to find some good insight from others stories.

Have you scheduled your surgery yet?

Had it today! Lipo on upper arms followed by short scar incision in arm pit. Hope it works! Feel ok resting in bed so far.

Oh, I'm glad everything went okay today. Yes, make sure you rest up and take things easy. Look forward to reading your update, once you're able to!