52 Years Old 10 Months Post Lower Body Lift

Have been overweight all my adult life. Had a...

Have been overweight all my adult life. Had a sleeve gastrectomy performed in November 2011 which resulted in 65lb weight loss. Current weight remains stable between 148-154. Decided to proceed with lower body lift in September 2013 after months of research! Recovery was somewhat difficult. A couple of wound healing issues which were expected and resolved. I do STILL experience swelling in my lower back area and above mons and sense of tightness in lower ab area. There is also extreme firmness in the direct area above mons. Overall I am pleased that the apron of hanging skin is gone but feel that I am lacking a waistline and thought I would have more of a feminine contour vs a boxy torso. I am having a scar revision done in several weeks and my doctor will be performing liposuction of my lower back and saddlebags. I am also having a bilateral back excision to remove the rolls on my back. I feel the liposuction should have been performed at the time of my LBL, especially the lower back and flank area to achieve a more narrow waist as I did have a full muscle repair done with the LBL. Never went down any size after surgery at all.
I started this process with realistic expectations but feel disappointed with my body contours at 10 months out and mons area does not even look as if it was lifted at all. Will post additional photos after after scar revision and liposuction.

You look great, congrats on your quest!
I think you look fantastic! Great job on your weight loss. I also had a LBL as well as an arm and breast lift...it was the BEST decision I ever made! Wishing you good luck with your revisions!!
Thank you for your kind words!!
Dr S.

Will complete this review after revisions are performed in six weeks