So Happy with Body Jet Lipo - Alberta, Canada

I had Body Jet lipo on my tummy, sides/flanks, and...

I had Body Jet lipo on my tummy, sides/flanks, and inner and outer thighs two weeks ago (Feb 2, 2011). The doctor I chose also uses SmartLipo, and sometimes Body Jet in combination with SmartLipo, but he felt that the Body Jet was the best choice for me. I am 5'5" and 135lbs. I initially wanted the bulgy areas around my midsection removed (I am slim enough but kind of have a natural "spare tire" shape). The clinic talked me into doing a bit on my inner and outer thighs. They said it would give the appearance of a nicer-shaped rear end. I am glad I took their advice; my butt really does look nicer.

Before I give a few details about the procedure, I will just say that I absolutely love my new shape. My belly is nice and flat, my waist is more defined, and from the back I look fantastic. I didn't think I had much "flank" to begin with, but now that it's been contoured, it looks so nice. My hips and thighs don't look all that different (but as it's only been two weeks, I assume I'm seeing swelling) but my butt looks so nicely shaped that I know a difference was made.

One thing I have learned now that I've had the work done is that the doctor you choose must be an "artist", too. I can see how a doctor without a keen eye and careful hand could make a real mess. Symmetry is very important. At my one week follow-up, I told my doc how much of an artist I felt he was, and he smiled and seemed pleased! :)

I followed all the the doctor's pre-surgery guidelines exactly, and I'm following all the post-surgery recommendations exactly, too. I tried to keep relaxed as possible the night before and day of surgery, but deep down I was nervous, for sure. I was awake for the procedure, but the painkillers did a fabulous job because I had very little discomfort. To be honest, I am having trouble remembering the whole thing. My recollections are fuzzy and few. Oh, after the procedure, I vomited a few times. That was from the Demerol, I think. My boyfriend got me home safe and sound and put me to bed where I slept right through to the next morning.

The drainage was pretty messy. I don't understand how people could go shopping right after this procedure. ??? I didn't want to move much because I was pretty sore (but I didn't feel the need to use anything more than a couple xtra-strength Tylenol), and I constantly had to switch out the pads to absorb the fluid. (I used nursing pads, I think they were easier to use than maxi-pads.) I was told there is no such thing as too much drainage, so I wasn't worried when one hole was still draining after several days. Gradually the draining stopped and every day I am less tender. The bruises showed up a few days after surgery. My boyfriend was kinda shocked by the nasty-looking bruises, but according to the doctor, my bruising was minimal. I actually had expected way worse. I used arnica orally and topically, I think it really helps. My bruises are fading fast. Zax's Original Bruise Cream, made in Canada, is amazing!

I know it will be many weeks yet before the scars fade and the swelling completely disappears, but I already can see how I'm going to like the results. I am wearing my Spanx 24/7; the doctor said the longer I wear them, the better results I will have.

There is a bit of fluid under the skin on the right side of my lower abdomen, the doctor pointed this out at my one-week follow-up. I am seeing him again this week and he will draw out the liquid with a syringe (I think?). Anyway, we had talked a lot before-hand about the concerns I had with lumpiness or other complications, and I am not worried about this bit of fluid at all, I know the doctor will take care of it.

I know that lipo has significant risk involved, and it not a decision to take lightly, but if I was asked whether I would do this over again, my answer would be yes. I did my research, found a clinic and doctor I liked, and I am so pleased with my results.

My doctor and his staff were so, well, loving, almost! lol My doctor gave my boyfriend his cell number in case I had any problems during my recovery. My doctor truly does beautiful work. The clinic is small and the staff got to know me nearly immediately! The after-care is thorough and personalized.

who did your procedure?

Welcome to RealSelf! Thanks for writing such a helpful review. It sounds like you're well on your way to a great result. Please keep us updated!