45 Days Pre Op!! - Halifax, Nova Scotia

I am having lipo on my flanks and a tt. I am 50...

I am having lipo on my flanks and a tt. I am 50 -5'3 181lb. I will be able to take 11 days off work. I am nervous and excite!!! I am going on a cruise April 17th so I am praying everything will be healed. I have been trying to lose more weight but it just seems stuck on. At my heaviest I was 231 I have been maintaining 181 for a year now. My friend has just had the same surgery at the hospital not a private clinic and told me I should wait until after my cruise, I have paid the deposit and Dr. Bendor-Samuel said I should be good to go on the cruise. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

4 days

wed @ 9:30 i will be on the flat side :o)

16 hours:))))))))))))

cancelled

my surgery was cancelled today:( I didn't lose the 10 lbs my ps wanted me to lose I actually gained 7. I am so glad he was honest with me he said i wouldn't get the results i wanted. With that said I am devastated thought i was going to be on the flat side today instead i am back home and still round. I am looking forward to everyones updates.
Nova Scotia Plastic Surgeon

Oh I'm sorry to hear. Some PS are funny about that, I was surprised my PS did mine although I was in the 200 and actually didn't lose one lb.
this doc actually takes calls on his cell phone - POST op...might I add..on a Friday night, 10:30 pm while on vacation in Florida!! Dont be too quick in cancelling or changing docs!!
sorry to hear that your surgery was cancelled. That must have been really devastating, however fyi losing the extra weight yields better results, However i do blame the PS for bad bedside manners. There must have been a way where he could have told you this prior to surgery day. That was not right to do morally as we are all expecting to be on the flat side after so much hard work I lost 8 pounds before surgery using Muscle milk light, a very high protein and low sugar shake. I drank 6-8 servings of 8 oz shake daily and if you cannot do that every day for atleast the first four days of the liquid diet you can eat a lean meat chicken or fish with spinach or some form of greens for dinner... if your able to do straight protein shakes for atleast a week you can lose up to 10lbs... Good luck on your journey... all the best to you hon
ty so much
replace one meal a day with a juicing tonic. It has really helped me creep the pounds off. Stop all flour products - ALL of them. No sugar. It helps soooooo much. Stay positive, its only a setback not a game changer.
Ty for the advice what is a juicing tonic I rebooked for july 2 I sure hope I will lose what he wants me too!!
Don't give up Donna,
I guess if I even rebooked for next week he still would do it and march break starts on friday so this was the perfect time now I will have to wait until july but to go this morning for surgery and be sent home I was in shock!! I am really glad I didn't tell many Ppl. Ty all for your support it means so much but I look at your pic and u all look so great I don't understand why he wouldn't do it.
I would not go back to him, find another one.
I agree with Stevie1girl find another surgeon
they have my 2900 down payment
Get it back from them Donna.
Maybe you can get a refund. I wasn't no 130 pounds when I had my lipo do I started out 171 and after 1 week it was done I was 161 and still losing weight. Try to get your money back and seek another opinion. Good luck to you Hope to hear from your success soon.
Also I forgot to tell you I am 64 and I am very happy with my results I had my done 1month ago and still recovering very well so don't let anyone tell you you recovery will be slow because of your age.☺
I know my slow healing isn't age related but I think the diabetes is one reason and I guess I havent complied to doing very little on bending and,twisting,hope I heal enough for my trip april7th.
kkattles are u on insulin for the diabetes? i hoping you will be ready for your trip............you still have lots of time just rest and listen to your body.
how tall are you ?
Not on insulin,metformin. I am trying to rest,feel so lazy.
stevie1girl how much did you weigh when you had surgery and how tall are you? I look at before and after on here and still have a hard time with my ps cancelling my surgery when i got to the centre and had my white stockings on........... he came in the room to do my markings and said he wouldn't do it and if he did go ahead with it he wouldn't even bother trying to do the mr~
I would find another ps, you will lose weight a lot easier when it's gone. Look at my pics.
i know i have seen your pic u look amazing.............i really thought he would do it~
I am so sorry,even with all the weight you have lost he still wouldnt do it,surprised. I know that I would have been better off losing more weight before the surgery ,I wanted the hanging belly gone now. I am glad my doc was willing to do it. Hang in there,is he going to reschedule u soon?
i dont know if i will even bother rescheduling. to sad to think about it. are u waiting for your surgery or are u finished
Surgery was done on feb 17th. Still waiting to get the last drain out. He says I have been over doing it,and am on "only get up to pee rest". It's hard. Don't give up He wants you to lose 10 still or more. You can lose the 10 I am sure,so glad my doc didnt put that on me. It should be enough with all that weight u already lost,may not be optimal but u still would see an extreme improvement. At 55 yr I knew I wouldnt get a 20yr old body, just wanted a belly that didnt have its own sun visor. The Frankenbelly is well worth it. Will he procede if u insist,There is a point where we need to say this is the best I can do, and I am ready now. Hope he listens. Your trip is April 17th right? If u can get him to do it next week u should be ok. I would think. Good luck
Thinking about you, good luck!