Just Got Linguals on Yesterday! - Haddonfield, NJ

Today is my second day with the linguals on, both...

Today is my second day with the linguals on, both top and bottom. I am 24 years old and getting married next June of 2014. I've never had braces before and I've always dreamed of having a beautiful smile, so there was no anxiety for me before my appointment yesterday, but I was up BRIGHT and early at 5am bouncing around and annoying my fiancé awaiting 8:45 (my appointment time).

I had invisilign for about 5 months and HATED THEM, so I decided to switch to these linguals about 2 years later. Yesterday, my lisp was not bad at all, an I was feeling super confident about them... Other than the thought of chewing. I have these metal coverings on the back molars, which are messing with my bite, so I'm nervous to even TRY chewing anything. Today was a bit different, as the tongue soreness set in and some minor aching, but nothing unbearable and nothing wax didn't fix. My lisp is pretty subtle, and no one has even noticed it...until tonight, but I guess that is due to my tongue being tired and not used to its metallic new neighbors. :) Eating is my biggest challenge right now, and I can't even imagine biting into anything anytime soon. Mashed potatoes, smoothies, soup, and protein shakes have been my best friend... But even those I've sort of been swallowing whole and pushing it back. But all in all, so far so good! I can already notice my teeth shifting and even widening a bit. I know it sounds crazy considering its been about 48 hours, but I swear I see a difference already!

Also, I'm having a front lower incisor extracted in a few weeks because of all the crowding at the bottom, and I'm a bit nervous and having a front healthy tooth pulled. I trust my orthodontist and she is great, so I'm going for it!! Wish me luck!

Hi, thanks for sharing. So you are having just one front tooth taken out, quote "front lower incisor"? I may be getting that because my lower teeth stick out too far and I need some room but not as much as taking out 2 side teeth. Also, why did you dislike the Invisalign did they not straighten things correctly or what? I'm interested in the best method to get the job done CORRECTLY, regardless of how I will look during the process. I will even wear headgear if it is the best way to get a stable, functional and esthetically reasonable result. Any insight is great. Thanks again.
And how is your speech now? Going for a consult soon and really the only thing I am nervous about getting them is my speech. I don't want to sound like daffy duck. Thx

I'm 17 and always wanted to have braces. But since I'm a teenager, I'm really shy of having one so I now want lingual braces. My front teeth are aligned straightly but I noticed as I age they move forward. Can you help me with deciding what type of braces I should have? Thanks!

Cherry Hill Orthodontist