Had SmartLipo Today and Feelin' Fine!

After reading the posts I was terrified when I got...

After reading the posts I was terrified when I got there this afternoon. I walked in and said "Can I take my Valium NOW?" They immediately put me at ease and I was surprised how well it went. I felt only minimal pain and that was only when they got too close to places that didn't have the lidocaine. I think VelaShape hurt worse than this. Now granted, this is only 1 hour later and I know the Vicodin hasn't worn off yet but I feel fine. I don't like the seeping but have on old jammies and will just deal with it. I will update in a day or two and see if I'm still feeling positive about it. Thanks for all your posts, it was great to see such a wide variety of results and opinions. Natalie

Update on Day Two: Had a bit of pain around 3am...

Update on Day Two:

Had a bit of pain around 3am when the Vicodin wore off but took another one and was able to go back to sleep.  I am at work today, it's tender but not unbearable.  I only took a half a Vicodin this morning and am doing just fine.  The leakage seems to have stopped and I have gauze just in case but think I will probably be able to remove it once I get home.  When I took off the compression garments to change the bandages this morning I was really pleased with what I saw...I have a waist!  I stand at work and I think that helps, the only time I'm uncomfortable is when I first try to sit.  Otherwise, so far, so good!

This photo is from the Day of and Four Days after...

This photo is from the Day of and Four Days after SmartLipo.  The divets in my stomach are from a splenectomy and that is part of the reason I had such a battle with my mid-section.  Pockets of fat would pool around the scars and the result was awful.  Four days later I am very pleased.  I am very anxious for the final result but just seeing the progress!

SonoBelloUSA

Glad to hear that, Waters29. I work at our corporate headquarters here in Kirkland. I am the director of patient satisfaction and I also manage aspects of our company communications.
The local office is fully aware of what happened and has done its best to make it right. no need for you to research it any further. what office are you in?
Waters29, I would especially love the opportunity to hear from you about your experiences in detail. It seems I cannot send you a direct message through RealSelf, so here is my personal email address where we can exchange phone numbers, etc. salar (at) sonobello (dot) com. It is important for me to understand what the issues were and why expectations were off. Your feedback is the only way we can ensure that our medical and non-medical staff is living up to the promises we make as a company. I can ensure you that we are quick to identify and change anything that is not promoting patient care and satisfaction. I hope to talk to you soon and learn more.
Andy, there is no secret to our procedures. We specialize in minimally invasive laser liposuction and non-invasive body contouring, plain and simple. Our surgeons, although not ALL board certified in plastic surgery (a majority are plastic surgeons), are all highly experienced and trained in the advanced procedures we do. We have found that with laser assisted body sculpting, there is NO causal relationship between the doctor being a board certified plastic surgeon and his/her skill level or ability to deliver the best results and outcomes for our patients. Therefore, we attract and retain doctors based off their high level of knowledge, skill and relevant surgical experiences above their decision to choose plastic over general or other surgery for their surgical residency. Since we specialize, our surgeons have many more hours of experience with laser body sculpting than the average cosmetic surgeon, who does anything from face lifts to rhinoplasty procedures. I think it is important to mention that the highly regarded innovator of modern liposuction techniques widely used today is a board certified dermatologist. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_A._Klein) If you have heard Sono Bello is less expensive, it could be when compared to a surgeon who performs traditional (more invasive) liposuction under general anesthesia (there is a higher cost associated with the anesthesiologist and drugs, and of course the cost and the increased health risks are passed on to the patient). So, to the extent that we perform surgeries under local anesthesia, we may be similar to Lifestyle Lift.
It would take me too long to explain! It was a large mis-understanding between the procedures I "thought" I paid for and what the doctor had decided to do on the day of surgery. Karen was gone already and I was dropped off and alone. The only people in the office were me, doc, and the assistant. Would you like to talk on the phone?
My experience was terrible, but my results are great.
What was terrible?? I am scheduled in August and I am getting very frightened reading the reviews and comments patients have been making!
Salar. Since you appear to be from sonobello maybe you'd be willing to explain why sonobello is, or isnt like Lifestyle Lift for Lipo (as described to me by someone in town). Whether that is fair or not, would be interesting to hear responses to things like: 1) what happens in case of emergency. where do the sonobello doctors have hospital priveleges? 2) are the surgeons board certified in plastic surgery? 3) why can sonobello do procedures cheaper (I'm told) than cosmetic surgeons in seattle? what's the secret to it?

Natalia, I’m so glad we could meet or exceed your expectations with the surgery. We’d love to hear more from you and get an official testimonial if you are willing? Please feel free to connect with me directly at salar (at) sonobello (dot) com. Henry, Sono Bello employs PA's to assist our board certified surgeons with the liposuction procedure. The surgeon does the actual procedure 100% of the time. Registered nurses and licensed practical nurses also assist in enhancing patient care. Please feel free to reach out to me personally if you have any other questions or concern {edited}

Editor note: please refrain from promotional postings that include solicitation of new patients
I've heard that a Physician's Assistant does most of the lipo...is that even legal?
How are you doing now? I am scheduled to go in to SonoBello in 2 weeks, starting to get nervous. Hearing negative comments about them.

Dr P. is amazing! The entire staff is so sweet and for the first time in years I will be strutting in a bikini this summer....My love handles are gone and my inner thighs have disappeared!!! I am SOOO happy with not only the results the entire process....very professional office! I hope that helps you.

I would love to know more about your experience with Sonobello, were they board certified plastic surgeons?