I Had my Smartlipo Mpx Yesterday and Feel Pretty Good Right Now.

I had smartlipo done with the new mpx machine and...

I had smartlipo done with the new mpx machine and am feeling ok right now. I'm taking percocet for pain but am able to alternate with tylenol. I did my upper/lower abs, flanks, chin and neck.

I have to say that there were a few times during the procedure that were uncomfortable. I had felt a burning feeling in areas that probably weren't numb enough and it hurt like hell! During the suction also, there were some uncomfortable moments.

I was on the table from 10:45 until 5:30. My surgeon and his assistant were very very thorough and took their time. What was cool is that his assistant had her chin done the night before because she had her original procedure done with the 10 watt machine and was really excited about the 20 watt mpx. I figured if she was having it done, it was a good thing for me!

They had heating pads on me, big fuzzy blankets and pillows. They really did do everything possible to keep me comfortable. They had given me a valium when I got there to relax me and then I received a cocktail of demerol, phenegran, and bersed (not sure if the spelling of these is correct). This helped and there were actually times that I nodded off during all of this melting and suctioning. They gave me a second dose after they finished the ab areas because it took so long.

I'm not sure how much they suctioned, but it was a lot. I watched and it was pretty cool. The love handles were also uncomfortable. He said the areas are fibrous so are a bit tender. As with the abs, some areas were painful but most of it was tolerable.

I also know that people tell horror stories about the tumescent fluid. It is not horrible but it definitely pinches and feels a bit wierd. The good thing is that it numbs instantly so the discomfort is short-lived. After 6+ hours, I just wanted to go home.

I absolutely hate the garments but understand the importance of them. The body garment is not half as bad as the chin/neck garment. The chin/neck garment is extremely uncomfortable and I just want to rip it off my head. The good news is that I only have to deal with it for 5 days.

Anyway, the drainage was heavy and I kept bleeding through the pads and onto the garment ($85 so I was not buying two). Peroxide and warm water removed the blood-tinged stains but I just kept soaking through.

Today is much much much better. There is only one area that is still draining. I slept on garbage bags with and old blanket last night and soaked through that. Based on what I changed at 9:00 tonight, I should only have one pad on tomorrow and the rest will be bandaids.

I am swollen but can already see the outline of how this is going to work. I have a great feeling about the way he was contouring yesterday and will post updates as I receive them. I am having my inner thighs, banana rolls and upper arms done in February. I think this is truly the way to go. I hope I am right and, as I said, will provide updates....

So I am now 10 weeks out from my first smartlipo...

So I am now 10 weeks out from my first smartlipo procedure on my u/l abs, flanks, chin and neck and feel great.  I had some lymphatic drainage massages with a Vodder trained person and have no lumps or roping left.  I'm really starting to see the changes/tightening in my skin.  I am very pleased with the outcome and still have more healing to do.  Yesterday, I had my inner thighs, upper arms and banana rolls done.  I am just about done with the draining and feel really good.  Don't get me wrong...I am taking percocet and have a friend helping me with changing the pads and assisting with the garments but I was out today just like a regular day.  I will post updates in a few weeks as to how I am healing but really feel that having this procedure with the new mpx machine has been an amazing experience.  My self-confidence has jumped ten-fold.  Feel free to ask me any questions.  The total cost for the first 1/2 of procedure was $8,000 and the remainder yesterday was $4,500.  I had this done in East Lyme, CT, and the Dr. and staff were amazing.

Dr. Jeffrey Lane

Dr. Lane is highly recommended by Cynosure and also trains for them.

Dee- Hoping you can give me some insight.. I'm having the procedure in a few weeks and am nervous as hell! :) Could you please tell me what it feels like? I'm having my upper and lower stomach and inner thighs. I have some loose skin on my stomach area and have been thinking about a tummy tuck for years and didn't like the fact that I've never had a C-section but would now be willing to have a huge scar. My friend turned me onto smart lipo and it sounds like it will help with skin tightening as well. Any insight as to how it feels would be great. I've heard that there is a pinching sensation. Did this happen to you? If so, was it during the entire process or just while they were giving you injections? Thanks in advance.
Kelly I am having smart lipo done this June 2010. Please let me know how your smart lipo went. I am a little nervous.
Just joining in as I've been thinking about seeing Dr. Lane as well. Any more recent (2010) input from anyone? At my consultation, he certainly seemed experienced, but I saw a plastic surgeon (as so many say you should for SmartLipo), who told me I was not a good candidate for abdomen work; where as Dr. L is ready to go. Keep in mind, I realize they are all in it for the specialty, and the plastic surgeon was trying to sell me on a tummy tuck! I'm really nervous to proceed, and just trying to learn more about Dr. L and his staff. Thanks!
Hi JBCT, I was nervous before I had my smartlipo done. Everything went great, I saw results right away and have seen more since..It has been 6 weeks. I was told my results would be even better in 6 months. It was not so painful first day because you are still numb however day two more so and day three probably the worst..It improved from there as far as soreness. I found the actual procedure while on the table relaxing and even fell asleep for a while. They are very aware of when you are uncomfortable and the pinching is only if they go to the edge of where the numbed area is however It was not often and it was managable. They are very good there so I think you are right about both docs selling their service but having gone through mine with Dr Lane I definitely want to go back to have my abs and stomach area done.
Dee7873-thanks for all the info. However, I am a little nervous from other comments about dr.L. I am scheduled to have smartlipo next month and I am worried. Are you still having a good experience? Just a little nervous... I appreciate your help. Thank You- Jessica
Hi, 5 sizes is not the norm! Cathy has had many, many, many procedures done and probably has an amazing diet. For me, I have been struggling because I quit smoking and am gaining weight regardless what I do. The biggest differences for me are my abs, love handles and banana rolls. I am 6 months out on u/l abs and chin/neck but feel I will need a touch up on chin. I already told the doctor this and he will gladly do it. My inner thighs and upper arms are not as contoured as I would like but I am only 3 months out on those so I need to give it more time. It is a slow process so be patient. I have not gone down a size because of my metabolism but definitely look better....
Hi Dee, I had my inner and outer thighs, banana rolls, knees and upper arms done 10 days ago. How much did your areas change since you had it done? I could see a difference in the contour right away but I think the areas are still a bit swollen and redistributing. I haven't done any gym work yet so I am hoping to see more of a difference once I start building muscle again. I feel like I will actually be able to see more muscles now. I am hoping to go down a size or two but that hasn't happened yet. My pants do seem a little looser. I had mine done with Dr. Lane also and his assistant said she has lost 5 sizes. She had more done than me but that is amazing. Could you tell me where you get the lymphatic massage done? That sounds like a good idea. I have been happy with my experience with Dr. Lane thus far. Thank you
Miami Dude, I am 43 and in the process of interviewing lipo docs in South FL and would be very interested in hearing how happy you are with the progress of your results. I too work out a lot, but just can't get rid of evrything I want. Please post on your results--good and bad.
That is the same doctor. I just watched the newsclip on Channel 8. Why did that scare you? Probably because he and Cathy seem to be marketing instead of anything else? I see what you mean. I really have no complaints. I think they did a great job and am really starting to notice changes.
Hi, I was reading the comments you and L.e p were sharring and it really got me scared. I was watching on channel 8 news that in East Lyme there's a Dr. doing Smart Lipo I wonder if it's the same Dr. you ladies are talking about.
Not sure if they go through the same incision but it would make sense unless scar tissue becomes an issue. See, I have olive skin, so scarring tends to not be so pronounced for whatever reason. I heal well for the most part. As far as the hard lumps, I had a some on my sides from about 3 weeks post-op but they have since resolved. I do go for lymphatic massage by a vodder trained therapist once a week and her results with me have been awesome. It is highly recommended that you get some kind of follow up for post op roping and hard spots. It helped me. Smartlipo mpx is supposed to give extra tightening that would possibly remove the need for vaser. I guess it would depend on an individuals size. I have to say that I have my good days and my bad. As a women, I swell more at certain times but feel great about my decision to do this. I don't have bad results and I definitely am seeing a marked improvement from pre-op. Dee Dee
Hi, Are you sure you are at your final result? I've been told that it takes between 6 months and 1 year for final results. Based on all my research, I was not expecting final results in 3 months. I'm sorry to hear that your experience was not good. That is really discouraging! Did you contact Dr. Lane for his input or do you just not want to do that at this point? I certainly would. I have some swelling in my left arm and he has been following it to make sure all is well. I would definitely address this with him. Why were you not a candidate for upper abs (just curious)? I had mine done as well. I think my abs are looking better but not totally what I originally expected because I think I need a little more time. I'm only 2 1/2 weeks out from the second round so am still in all my garments but still have a bit of a double chin from the procedure that I have been 11 weeks out from. He said that would tighten more over time. My feeling is that he would have to fix anything at "touch up" cost if not sufficient so I would see what your options are. WOW...that is messed up....Dee Dee
Hi, I also used Dr.Lane for a procedure done in Jan.I am not happy with my results and am left with a wrinkled upper stomach and lower back pain.I still can't run or do any strenuous activities without severe swelling.I am now looking into some possible nerve damage.My upper stomach was much better before I did the smart lipo and have been told by another Dr.(plastic surgeon)that not only was I not a canidate for upper abs...I am at my final result.I am really upset to say the least.I also have 3-4 friends who have been to consults with him who are holding off until they see what happens with me.Happy for you though!
I am glad to hear that everything is going according to your expectations. :) I was curious to know what was your weight before the procedure started and the areas that did heal up, how do the scars look if you have any from the insertion site. Maybe If you can also post close up pictures of the insertion site.
I am 5'6" and my weight was up there, around 155. I never really looked overweight because of my build, but I am as you can clearly see from the number. My weight has not changed drastically (maybe 3 lbs) since the S/L but I am trying to maintain a much healthier lifestyle and get to my target of 145 (if I go below that, I don't look good..my face gets too thin). The site scars are just brown spots. They are not drastic, just little light brown spots. Are you having trouble with scarring? If you provide me with an email, I will send you a few pics....Dee Dee
No, I was not alone. My friend, Stacey, drove me, picked me up and stayed with me for 2 days and nights. Honestly, I don't know how I would of changed the pads or put on the garment/pads without her helping. I did not lose much blood at all so I don't think that is the issue. I honestly believe it was more for the garment adjustments and pad changes especially after bathroom or shower. I did have quite a bit of leakage of tumescent fluid and blood (mostly fluid) over the first 30 hours and needed her help.
were you alone for recovery, I ask because I may do this procedure and dont have anyone to watch over me. I only want my sides stomach done and only about an inch of my stomach. Ive done breasts and was alone no problem. and other surgeries, always recovered on my own, but read some stories on here about danger of that for liposuction, maybe because so much blood loss, that people get faint. wondering.