So Very Happy!! Lower Body Lift with Dr. Joseph Capella - Hackensack, NJ

After losing approximately 120 pounds, I was left...

After losing approximately 120 pounds, I was left with saggy skin and flesh that no amount of exercise could fix. I am extremely grateful to Dr. Capella and his physician assistant, Scott, for their competence, artistry, and kindness - my results exceeded my expectations and I am extremely happy! I plan to come back to them for a breast lift with augmentation later this summer and possibly an inner thigh lift.
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Capella and his staff are simply the best!!

Your body faired very well to weight loss. The LBL was icing on the cake. I just had LBL a week and a half ago. So far so good. I'd love to see more recent pictures that show how your healing has progresses.
Thank you :) I just checked out your LBL posting and you are ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! Thank you for sharing your journey and Happy Healing :) I plan to post more pictures, but it is difficult to take a good "selfie." I think I will ask a friend to help out. Right now, I am feeling good - my energy is back, and so is my flexibility. I have started exercising and moving around more. I was wearing shorts the other day and someone actually mistook me for an "athlete" - I couldn't believe it - I used to be so self-conscious about how I looked and felt ridiculous when I tried to work out. Without all that excess skin & fat, the feeling of freedom is incredible. I have changed my mind - I will work at being an athlete!
Wow what a difference. I can't believe u didnt have anything done to your inner thighs, the improvement is amazing. My LBL and arm lift is in 8 days. I hope my inner thighs gain just as much improvement as yours. I look forward to further pics. I have just turned 50 and lost 42kg. Hope my skin bounces back too
Thank you! Losing 42 kg is quite an accomplishment - congratulations ! Best wishes on your upcoming surgery :)
You and I have the same butt and thighs!! You look amazing! I can't wait to see additional pics as you heal. Take care and happy healing! You're an inspiration :-)
Thanks! I hope to post more recent pictures soon. :)
We all wish we looked like the Duchess lol, but you look amazing!! So good! I'm about to have gastric sleeve surgery and I know I'll have so much skin (I want to lose 150+ pounds) and I'd love to have this surgery. Do you feel like it lifted your thighs too? I've been looking at the thigh lifts but that sx seems to have a lot of complications :(
Good luck on you upcoming GS surgery - I know I was fantasizing about what I would do to get rid of my excess skin even before I had my R&Y gastric bypass - LOL! The mind is a powerful thing - I constantly remind myself to think positive thoughts because this pushes me to do the concrete things necessary to achieve my goals.
The LBL definitely lifted my outer thighs and to a lesser (but still significant extent) my inner thighs. Also, my skin is changing - I can't explain it, but there is more "spring" in it - everywhere - not just my lower body.
That's a great attitude! I'm in hospital today and sx tomorrow.
Good luck :)
Every time I come back and look at your photos I get such a big smile on my face. I am so glad that Dr. Capella worked his magic on you. You look sexy! He did a stunning job.
Thank you! I went to a wedding this weekend with my husband and wore my new dress - I finally feel sexy!
Congrats!!!!!!!
I would love to see your updated photos as I have been following your journey. I think you look fabulous, as time has gone by do you still feel you need the medial thigh lift? I think you look perfect, but you know best. As far as the breast go, you will be surprised the difference in makes in your overall well being. I had horribly saggy ones before so when I got them done it made a huge difference in the way I thought about myself...
I am surprised that my inner thighs are continuing to improve - it's really unexpected, as my skin is papery-thin down there with not much "spring" to it. Maybe when he lifted all the rest of the skin it reduced the tension and gave the skin on my inner thighs a chance to contract on its own? When I was assembling the documentation for my R&Y gastric bypass, I had to list all my unsuccessful attempts at weight loss over the years, as well as my corresponding weights and saw that I had gained and lost roughly 400 pounds. This certainly didn't help matters. Right now, I am just so grateful to be able to put on a bathing suit and not have my bum and thighs spill out the bottom. People used to stare, and I hated wearing the swimsuit with the little skirt (it didn't hide my bum anyway and was cumbersome.) I'm not going to rush into a thigh lift and might decide I can live with some sagging. But the breasts - you are absolutely right! I can't wait to have them! :) I am tired of wearing my heavily-padded bra and would love it if my boobs just stayed put and behaved! I just got a bikini and will post pictures, as well as pictures of my incisions.
Just want to direct you to my thigh lift responses to you. I do not think you will receive the notification but rather the original poster will receive them. I hope my responses are helpful!
Most definitely helpful :) Thanks again for sharing your experience!
You look so good already! I hope my doctor make my initial incision so low in front to lift my legs like that. I can't wait to see how beautifully you heal! You do have great skin as well. You faired great to MWL!
Thank you very much for the kind words! I hope to post some pics of my incisions this week. The "pie-crust" has flattened out and the incisions are like thin pencil lines, but have turned red. My C-section incision healed the same way - first it turned red and then after a few months, it faded to white. I hope these incisions do the same. It will be easy to keep them out of the sun, as Dr. Capella positioned them underneath my underwear/bathing suit bottom. I wore a bikini at the pool this weekend (for the first time in almost 30 years!) and no one suspected a thing!
That's awesome! Congratulations on all that you've achieved. I know it feels great!
Thank you and good luck with your procedure :)
This is one of the best body lifts I have seen! you look great! I am mostly impressed with how great your skin looks! so smooth and no cellulite. Do you mind telling your age? I only ask because I am 43 years old so far I've dropped 100lbs with about 70 more to go (through exercise and diet alone) my concern is my age and elasticity of my skin. As I am dropping the weight I notice my skin having more cellulite and appearing older in areas of heavy fat such as stomach legs and butt. I wonder if you outcome looks so fantastic due to your age? again , you look wonderful!
Thank you so very much for your kind words! Congratulations on losing 100 lbs - that is quite an achievement :) I wish you the best in your journey. You are still young!! I am 49 and my skin certainly isn't what it used to be. I waited until my weight stabilized for about a year before going for the LBL. While my skin did shrink a teeny bit, you can see from the pictures that it wasn't very much. The pictures don't show how bad my skin looked in my inner thighs - stretch marks and hanging skin - really bad - like folded like an accordion bad. I had low expectations going in because of this. Surprisingly, when he pulled up my bum, the skin the inner part of my thighs was lifted a bit too and they look much better than they did.
He said sometimes that happens to the thighs when he does the body lift - maybe you won't even need a thigh lift now. It would be great not to have the scar. Don't get me wrong, he did a stunning medial high lift on me and I happily take the scars over my formerly fat thighs!