Not a Huge Improvement, but Not a Risk - Guelph, Ontario

I've had little red veins around my nose since...

I've had little red veins around my nose since I was a teenager. They weren't a big deal, but I always envied girls with clear, even skin so after thinking about it for years, I decided to get a consult about lasering them off and then since it was relatively inexpensive, I decided to give it a try. I believe the nurse used a Yag laser (not certain though) to get rid of the vessels. It hurt a little bit, but no more so than acupuncture, it was actually quite comparable to that. The area was red for almost exactly an hour as she had warned me, and then the redness faded and immediately I could see that the veins were gone! The next day I could see that there were still 2-3 red lines but the nurse had warned me that this could be the case, since she couldn't go over the same area twice for risk of burning the skin, so if there were two veins very close together she could not target both in the same session. So that was as I expected. Over the next couple of weeks, a few more veins appeared. I must take some of the blame for this though, because I tend to pick and squeeze, and I think squeezing some of the pores around my nose may have caused a couple of the veins to appear. However, since the procedure was so (relatively) inexpensive and most importantly with no ill effects, I am willing to go back once or twice a year to have any remaining or new veins taken care of.

Guelph Medical Laser & Skin Centre

I was treated by the nurse, not the doctor, but she was very professional and very friendly, she'd obviously been doing this for a while. I was able to get appointments quickly and there was never any wait once I got to the office. The only thing I would say needed improvement was the phone manner - they were a bit brusque and impatient on the phone so I was a little nervous for my appointment, but they were so friendly and chatty in person I was quite surprised at the difference!