Wanted This for Soooo Long - Ecuador

I'm 50 years old and after years of trying to lose...

I'm 50 years old and after years of trying to lose my stomach by diet and exercise I decided to have a TT. This was something I've always talk about doing but something always got in the way.

6 months ago I went to work in Ecuador and was telling a coworker that I've always wanted to do a TT. She knew a plastic surgeon, set up the appointment and went with me. After meeting the doctor I was confident that this was the right time and place. It was now or never. For once I was going to spend my hard earned money on something I truly wanted.

Surgery was done in 3 hours - beside my plastic surgeon I had a general internist in the operating room. I spent 1 night at the clinic with a private nurse who slept in my room with me.

After being home for 24 hours my doctor and his assistant came to my home to check my drains and change my bandages.

I am 6 days post-op and despite the swelling am recovering nicely.

Day 9 - post op

I can't believe that It has been 9 days since my TT. My doctor came by my house today to check up on me and sai I'm healing nicely. Yes, my doctor makes house calls :-) the plus of foreign medical services. At least South America.

I'm now wearing firm control girdles during the day and use my compression garment when I feel like I need more support. I still have some back pain and I'm swollen but overall I'm feeling good. I'm back to work in 3 days.

Photos

2 weeks later - 15 days post op.

It has been 2 weeks since my TT and in my opinion I still look the same as I did the day after. Actually I think I look more swollen now then I did before. I know it's a waiting game and real results aren't seen until around the 2 month period.

Yesterday my doctor took all but 4 stitches out from my belly button and has left only that and the area were my drains were bandaged.

I went back to work 12 days after the operation and while I get tired quickly I don't have any pain and can stand erect. My biggest gripe is stomach tightness which drives me nuts. I feel like someone rubbed crazy glue all over my stomach.

What I have noticed is that I get full faster, thus I eat less. Anyone experience this. I wonder if it has more to do with the binder then the operation.

3 weeks post-op

I'm now 3 weeks post-op all bandages are off and stitches for belly button are gone. Still swollen plus I have seroma which My PS is manually draining. Still not 100% happy with my results but I think that is because if the swelling and seroma.

Seroma

I'm just so frustrated....I just want this seroma to go away. I've been drained 3 times and I still feel fluid. The doctor came to my house to drain, I laid in bed for 30 minutes, compression garment is on and haven't done much all day. Trying lymphatic massage on Tuesday.
Dr. Daniel Blum Gilbert

Professional, courteous and makes house calls. I couldn't ask for a more caring doctor with excellent skills. Would highly recommend him. Speaks fluent English, Spanish and Italian. Studied in the U.S.

Hope that seroma gets dealt with tomorrow. Keep resting.
Thank you! My PS came to my house yesterday and removed 7 huge tubes of liquid. I'll go back on Monday for another check up and then on Tuesday he wants me to have a lymphatic massage. I can see a big difference in my stomach size. Just glad that he recognized the seroma and dealt with it quickly.
Best wishes to a nice recovery
Welcome to the flatside!!! Rest rest!!!!
Happy healing! Each day gets better and better.
Congratulations! My surgery is scheduled for 11/28, I hope I am as lucky as you.
Congratulations! Good for you. Happy healing. Keep us updated on your recovery. Post pics whenever you can. Peace and Blessings