Like many, I have been waiting for a long time to...

Like many, I have been waiting for a long time to get this weight off my chest, quite literally. I developed quite late, around 12/13 years old, but very quickly as well. In less than two years, I went from virtually nothing, to C/D breasts in the beginning of 9th grade. Now, 5 years later, I am around a DDD, I believe (although I refuse to buy bigger bras, and still somehow squeeze into D bras). I have an appointment set up for May 27th to see how it all goes! Ideally, I would like to be a C. But anything smaller than what I am now will satisfy me - but a C is perfect, in my mind! All I know is that I am ridiculously excited and I just can't wait!
Welcome!   I am excited for you and I know exactly how you feel.   I was also a DDD and went to a small C to full B.   Feels amazing and refreshed.

Let me know how the consultation turns out.
Ah, that's exactly what I want! I don't remember what it feels like anymore. I'll let you know, definitely!
That would be great, thank you.

Small changes!

My consultation has been moved to June 2nd, since my doctor is on vacation, hah! I will update with pictures before then. This only gives me more time to prepare myself mentally for what's to come, so it's not all bad. I am still extremely excited to feel normal again!

Consultation

I went to my consultation and the doctor was great. He answered all my questions and evaluated me. After hearing all that could go wrong, however small the chance, I won't lie and say I'm not a little freaked out. But in the end, all that matters is that I'll feel better about myself! I was a bit sad, though, to learn that there's a somewhat high chance that I won't ever get to breastfeed. My mother was sad as well, but I'm not really looking to have children any time soon, so it's not so bad.

I'm still excited! And I'm scheduled for June 16th. I have to get blood tests done now, the usual, and go try on some bras for after the surgery. The nerves are really kicking in now that I have less than two weeks! Can't say I won't miss my boobies, as annoying as they feel most of the time. But I know it's the right thing for me to do.
We seem to have Developed at the same time ! I was 88 pounds and maybe an AAA at the end of 8th Grade when I was 12 ....... and when I went Back to School for 9th Grade - I was 125 Pounds and a 36 D ! My OB/GYN Guy - way back when I was 16 - told me he could recommend me to a Plastic Surgeon and that a Breast Reduction would probably be Covered under Insurance. I sure wish that I would have done this at Closer to Your Age - than to wait till I was 57 years Old ! You will be so Much Happier with having Smaller Breasts ! There are a BUNCH of Great Gals here and they have great advice and wisdom . Read lots of People's reviews and Profiles !
My grandfather offered to pay for it, as he gets discount for being head of the hospital he works at. And I'm so glad he did! Thanks so much! I look forward to feeling better about myself. I'm not gonna lie, I've been lurking for a few months here, just preparing myself! :)

Some more pictures

Looking through my pictures, I realize how top heavy I look. I guess I'm just used to it, and never pay too much attention, but yikes. I'm not a tall person by any means.
Hey! Did your dr estimate how many grams he'll take out of each side to make you a C?
He didn't! He told me he would remove nearly 'half' my breast, then weigh how much that is and do the same with the other. My estimate is that being DD/DDD, half off will make me a full B/small C. We didn't talk sizes or grams specifically. Only that I wanted a B/C and that's most likely what I'll end up as!
Oh that's so funny that he said nearly half! Mine at first said she didn't need to take off much, that I mostly just need a lift (so she was saying C cup first) but then I asked if a B is possible and she said definitely. So we for sure have to compare what we end up with!

Compression bras!

I got one of my two Marena compression bras (the other one should be here by Wednesday at the latest) and now all I need to do is meet with the anesthesiologist so he can go through the procedure with me and I'm all set for Monday! I'm so excited!

(And a tiny bit terrified)

Almost there.7:

I'm so nervous and excited, that I can't even sleep. I have to be at the hospital at 7:30 am and it's already 1:30! Yikes.
Surgery is at 10 am and I can't eat anything or drink anything at all until after! And only liquids at night. :( I'm already hungry and so, so thirsty. I'll try to sleep and I'll update again as soon as I can. See you all on the other side!
Good luck, can't wait to hear about it after!
Thank you! Doctor says it went amazing. Ended up taking around 450g from each breast. Says they're "still a good size", for which I'm glad. :)
Awesome! I can't wait to see pictures once you're healed up a bit!

I'm out!

I'm out and I feel great apart from the pressure on my chest. All bandaged up until tomorrow. The drains are annoying as well and hurt every once in a while.

I can stand and go to the bathroom (no peeing in bed! Yay! Haha). I asked my doctor how much he took off and he said he took around 450 grams from each breast - less than he thought he would. So it was a total of around 900 grams removed! The surgery lasted 4/5 hours.

And now I rest. Must try to sleep more than two hours at a time. I'll keep you all posted and good luck to all who had surgery today as well!
congratulations, rest and keep your arms by your side
Thank you! I am. Don't wanna tear anything down there - ouch!!

Does anyone hate drains as much as I do?

The only real pain and discomfort I have right now is from the drains. They're the modt annoying little things ever. :(
Luckily, I get them out today (hopefully) ane sleeping should be more comfortable. I haven't been in much pwin other than the occasional stabbing kind that lasts a second or two, and isn't do bad. I'll take pictures as soon as I can. They look so small!
You will be more comfortable when the drains come out, so glad I did not have them.
I am feeling so much better not that they're out. I couldn't sleep because of them.

drainsare out!

And I have to get new post op bras because mine were too tight. For now, I have to wear this gauze and stuff. But no drains! Yay!

The big reveal.

Finally got to take a shower. So happy about that! The pain's a lot less strong now but it's still there, especially where the drains were, but it's getting better! I'm so happy with how they look. I love them. Now, if only the swelling went down quick. ;) A girl can dream.
Wow, you look absolutely great.
Thank you!!
WELCOME to the OTHER SIDE ! You will be SO HAPPY that you had a Reduction ! I sure wish that I would have done this at an younger age ! Your Size and Shape look great for your Frame !

Some progress pics. :)

My right breast is a bit more swollen than the left as of now. May have been that I turned a tiny bit in my sleep... oops. Hopefully that'll go down soon!

I love the shape and nipple placement. I'm in love with them. I just can't wait for the swelling to go down! Haha. I'm not the most patient person...
you look wonderful, the incisions are already smoothing out.
Thank you! Yeah! Im really pleased with how I'm healing. It doesn't feel like it's only been 5 days since my op, haha. :)

One week!

I can't believe it's already been one week and how great I feel. I have very little pain, unless I manage to stretch too much. It's more of a discomfort now. I've noticed some scabbing on my right nipple as well, which is great news. I'm still draining a little bit from time to time, but nothing major!

Right breast is a little bigger than left, but that's normal, and I think it's just me noticing the little things, and how my right nipple is not as round, etc. I'm just picking at the little things.

But I love my boobies. They're perfect! And such a great size, even if they're still a bit swollen!
You look fantastic,thanks for sharing x
Thank you! Looking pretty good yourself. :)
Just looked at your pictures and you are looking fantastic! :)) thank you for sharing! Xoxo -Jessica

Thoughts

I had an appointment today with my surgeon. He took off the Steri-Strips, which hurt a bit. I got to see everything, and I am so amazed at how much I have healed in 9 days. The wounds are nearly all closed and the scarring has started. I still have to change my tapes every morning after I shower to make sure my scars are flat. The doctor said my boobs will probably be 'settled' in about 3 months, which is great.

I can start exercising again in about a month, unless something happens. I can't wait to lose a few more pounds. 20 is my goal.

Now that my nipples aren't covered, I realise how much sensitivity I still have. I'd been getting some stabbing pains for the last few days, which I assume was the nerves reattaching. I'm still getting them, but it is way less. Being in the car still hurts, with the bumps and all. But it's really getting better. I am off my meds. I'm still applying ice once or twice a day because it feels so nice and it's really helped me with the swelling.

I can sleep more comfortably now as well. I noticed that I can sleep more on my side now without any pain. Still more on my back than anything, but as a side/tummy sleeper, it's very relieving.

All my life I had confidence issues regarding my breasts, but I am already feeling so much more... normal. I am so happy with them, pain and all. It's all completely worth it. My estimate is I'll end up around a C, which is what I wanted. Not too big and not too small! I feel so much more comfortable wearing tighter clothes. I also feel so flat-chested, even though I'm not. It's such a strange feeling. On the one hand I KNOW I'm not flat at all, but it just seems the difference is so big to me! It'll take some getting used to. It'll also be a lot easier to buy clothes in the correct size, instead of one/two sizes too big only so it would fit over my chest.

Best decision of my life. I hope all you lovely ladies who decide for the same are satisfied and happy with their choices. I wish you all a speedy recovery! :)
looking really good and having a nice, normal recovery
Thanks! Right side's a bit slower, but I take it it's because it's my dominant side and there's more movement and stuff. :)

Dressings off

My right nipple is progressing a little slower than the left. I have to change my dressings after every shower now.

Today it really, realllllly hurt. I bled a little, which I kind of expected. But the left is looking great! I'm in more pain now, from all the micro pore removal, but it's getting better.

I forgot to take a pic of under the right, but they look almost the same.
You look fantastic,I noticed the flaky skin looks like I'm normal then having that as well must all part of the healing process even though I'm moisturising it's still dreadfully dry and flaky,
Yeah, doctor said it was just dry skin from the steri-strips! Moisturise as much as you can. You should be good as new soon enough. :)

A not so accidental accident.

This is going to be more of a rant update. I apologize before hand, but I have no one to talk to about this.

Siblings can be hard to deal with at times. I think we all understand that, especially when we're younger. But there comes a time when one can expect a certain level of maturity (say, 17 years old) when it comes to dealing with situations. My sister and I have had a rocky relationship. Being hot headed, we both clash at times. I thought things were fine, especially now that I'm living so far away from her (she's in Costa Rica and I'm in Edinburgh).

I thought wrong. Having an opinion is fine, right? Wrong. Apparently, rooting for the opposite soccer team and not being happy with a match result is not allowed. It sounds so stupid when you think about. Such a petty argument. But she got hysterical and hit me with her sweater. The result was the zipper hitting me right on the nipple. Right where the incision was. Of course, she denied doing anything, regardless of all the blood gushing out of my breast. As if I would hurt myself and ruin all my progress.

So now I'm extremely upset because the wound was already healing. It was closed and the scarring process had begun. I also have a bruise where the rest of the sweater hit me and I can feel more coming. I am so upset that all my progress is lost on the breast that was doing the best. Has anyone dealt with a wound opening once again? My grandfather, who is a doctor, looked at it and said I would be fine, but I can't help but cry at the thought that all my progress went out the window because someone cannot deal with differing opinions. I am in so much pain and stress.

And I feel so cheated that even my mother is saying it was all my fault and I "had it coming."

I apologize for this entry, but I just need to vent a bit.

My right breast is doing great. It was lagging a little behind, but most of the wounds seem to have closed, apart from where the vertical incision meets the nipple. It's not bleeding or anything, but it's also not closed yet. Other than that I'm really happy with the progress.

Now on to more pain meds and ice to bring the new swelling down... And to wish I was back home where I'm not criticised or hurt for having my own opinion (I know I sound immature as well and it is a petty thing to say, but I am really upset right now).

I wish you all a happy recovery! And good luck to you ladies out there with upcoming procedures!
FRIENDS.....the family we choose... ;-)
Hahah, yeah! I like that. :)
Oh yo poor thing..ouch!!! When I read that bit the zipper hitting I immediately grabbed at my breast shielding it. Families honestly the way some of them treat us is totally unacceptable,why is it they think they are family so can get away with it,friends don't treat you this way and if they did they no longer would be our friends we would distance ourselves,I do feel sorry for you and hope this does not but you back and slow your recovery. Take care big hugs x

2 week update

I can't believe it's already been two weeks! I am doing so much better, and apart from the incident yesterday, I am in almost no pain (without pain meds too!). I am so happy with how I'm doing, although the right breast is still lagging a bit behind.

The vertical and anchor incisions are all pretty much closed. The wound where they meet is also nearly closed, which I am super happy about. I've had no problems there whatsoever. The only issue I have is right under the nipples. It's still an open wound in both, but I guess it's just gonna take a bit longer!

I am so, so happy!
I'd love to know how your sister making you bleed over a very stupid argument is all your fault, I want to shake her and your Mum! You look great, ignore them and enjoy your new boobs. Forgive me if I'm thick, you live in Scotland and you had them done in South America?
I know! It's so frustrating, and she hasn't even apologised. I go to university in Scotland but I'm originally from Guatemala, and most of my family lives here so I thought it would be best to not do it by myself so far away and with doctors my grandfather, who is also a doctor, approved of and knew and all that good stuff! Thanks! I will ignore them, it's not worth the stress.
It LQQKS like you are healing very Nicely !

3 weeks

It's hard to believe it's already been three weeks. I feel like I've made a lot of progress this week (finally). I felt I was lagging behind a little bit.

Most of my incisions are closed, or nearly closed. I've been applying cocoa butter on my vertical incisions. I'm also extremely happy about how well it looks under. The incision is perfectly placed and it's so smooth already!

As far as pain goes, it hurts a bit in general. It hurts when I stand up from sitting down or laying in bed/the couch. I guess it's just the stretching.

As far as sleeping goes, I can lay down on my side a bit more comfortably. I can't sleep fully on the side, but I can definitely be more comfortable. I still get stinging pains around the nipple area but they're a bit better. I've been pretty active lately. My mother has been making me "move" since I can't exercise yet. I get tired really easily, though, and after walking around a bit, the incisions start hurting and getting sore.

Still the best decision I've made!

P.S.: Ignore the flaky skin and tape marks, haha. No matter how much I moisturise, it doesn't wanna improve. Might just be the tape, as the doctor said!
Did you try on any bras yet? You look great!
I tried on my D bras out of curiosity and I was so relieved to see I didn't fill them up anymore. And this was about two weeks ago. I'm not as swollen anymore, but I'm sure I'm around a C. I'll have to check with a C bra, which I haven't used since freshman year in HS! Oh gosh, haha. Thank you so much!
Oh yay, that's just what you had said you wanted! I think I was also last a C my freshman year in HS (was a B in 8th grade). I only started feeling huge once I became a DD so being a C must make you feel so small!!

Checkup

I had my 3 week appointment today. Doctor said everything was great and only took out about 3 stitches that my body was rejecting and impeded the healing. He prescribed a scarring cream and removed the tape because I was having a very mild allergic reaction to it.

Now I only have to wear it when my skin's not red or sore, and it should all be good.

I'm in a bit of pain from the stitches that were removed, but it'll all be fine in no time. The rest is pretty much the same.

To all the ladies out there starting out, good luck, and to all those on the other side, happy healing!

One month!

I can't believe it's been a month already. Ever since the doctor prescribed the scar cream (Supraflex - I believe, soemthing like that), my wounds have been healing.

My skin is still red from the burns the 3M Micropore left, so I'm tapeless for now. I have a lot less pain, only when I stretch and move too fast/sharply.

Fantastic. That's all, really, haha. Not much to tell from the 3rd week. The wounds where the doctor took stitches out are closing and scabbing over.
You have a gorgeous new side boob going on there! You got a great shape as an end result. And don't feel too bad about the vent post, my sister and I often have the same petty issues :) Hope you have a smooth recovery!
Ah, sisters. *rolls eyes* Thank you so much! And good luck to you on your upcoming op! I'm sure you'll feel and look fantastic in no time. :)

5 weeks / 35 days

Hi all.

Only a quick update and some pictures. Not much has happened. I've had some stitches come out and, on doctor's orders, I've cut short the ones that are poking out but not ready. This is great. The sooner, the better, in my opinion. Hopefully I won't have to deal with spitting stitches a long way down the road.

Pain-wise, I am doing great. I've been exercising again, although only doing biking and mild walking. It still hurts after I've been standing up and walking around a lot. I can sleep on my sides now, with very mild discomfort/pain, which is great because I'm nearly a stomach sleeper. I've been getting lots of sleep and getting more energy by the day, although I still feel drained. I don't know why - might just be summer with nothing to do, hah.

My doctor also instructed me to use lotion and rub the scars in circles. I'm supposed to press down pretty hard, which hurts a tiny bit. My guess is this is supposed to stimulate blood flow and help flatten/diffuse the scars.

Here are some more high-res pictures now that I finally got around to charging my DSLR's battery.

Happy healing!
Looking gorgeous and as you are young and healthy the scars should,fade well
Thank you! They're already fading a bit.

6 weeks

This is gonna be a small update. Not much has changed other than me pulling out a few stitches. Everything is nearly closed up - the t-junction below would not because of a blue stitch I had on the left breast, but it seems to have closed up by now.

No pain whatsoever, only when I've had to run or do some sort of jump to get something - that kind of stuff. I feel I'm back to normal, except better.

Very little back pain - but that's from something else. It's decreased a significant amount, which I'm happy about. I feel a bit big, I think I may be a Full C / small D. We'll see when I get a fitting. :)

I'll post pictures later on. Happy healing!
It LQQKS like you are healing very Nicely !
Yes! It took a while for a few wounds to close up, but everything seems good right now. It's like the pain disappeared overnight as well! So happy.

Quick Update - 7 Weeks!

Everything is great. Nothing open anymore. Scars are starting to fade. Moisturising every day, a few times a day. I apologise for the quality of the picture, it's the only thing I have for now!

Best decision of my life - cannot change my mind about that! I've finally been getting my energy back and I feel great. Absolutely no pain. Can't wait to get sized, although my 36D bras fit a tiny bit loosely. I tried on some old C's as well, but they were too tight. Looks like I'm a small D! So, so happy! Now to buy new bras, without underwire. :)

I hope everyone is doing alright. Happy healing!
Looking great! Are you still only wearing a surgical bra? My surgery is coming up so soon, isn't it crazy how time flies?
Yeah, my doctor told me to wear the bra for 4-6 weeks, and I just haven't gotten around to getting wireless bras yet! But I will soon. :) It is crazy! It's been a little over 50 days for me already. It really is crazy. How much until yours?
Wow, it's been so long but feels so short, I remember when you were just getting ready for yours? Mine is in about a week and few days. I think I've bought everything I need and I'm going crazy now that there's nothing left for me to do but wait!!

9 weeks

Sorry for the crappy update, but not much has changed. No pain at all and I feel great about how they look. Will be posting pictures soon and doing before and after comparisons.

Happy healing! Good luck to all you lovely ladies starting your journey!
With a surgical bra are they one size fits all? The surgeon I am using does not have his patients use a bra post surgery, which concerns me a bit. Also, will the 20 pounds affect the size of your new breasts, do you know?
I have Mareena bras in M and L, although the Large one fits me a lot better, since I ended up a D. My doctor recommended I use it for 4 to 6 weeks after, although I still use it to sleep. I think you should get at least 1, they're really good compression bras and made me feel super safe and kept pain to a minimum by minimising movement. Even if he didn't say anything, I know most do, and I personally recommend it. Or a tight sports bra if you wanna go the cheaper route. As long as it applies pressure to keep the swelling down, it should do the trick. I think the 20 pounds will affect the size of my breasts, although not too much. As long as the weight loss is not drastic, like, say 50-90 pounds, the difference will not be huge. That is what my doctor told me when I asked. I would like to lose 20 or more pounds, maybe get down to a C, but I'm not gonna do it ridiculously fast so my breasts have time to adjust and I don't get a ridiculous amount of stretch marks, hah. Let me know if you have any more questions. I'd love to help as best I can!
Dr. Eduardo Olmstead

Great doctor. He did a great job, made me feel at ease right from the beginning. Very meticulous - op took 6 hours! Answered all my questions thoroughly. Always available and ready to help if anything happens!