Leaking Crowns? All Porcelain Dental Crowns Installed on my Four Front Teeth - Grosse Pointe Woods, MI

Need a good lab and dentist to do this kind of...

Need a good lab and dentist to do this kind of work, do a lot of research ahead of time. I broke two of my teeth in a jet ski accident, and the other two were deformed from birth. They previously had overlays on them.

I recently had all procelain dental crowns installed on my four front teeth. When I floss two of them at the gumline, I can taste and smell a foul bacterial scent on the floss. The dentist poked around with a dental instrument and says they fit properly, but I disagree. None of my other teeth (crowned or real) produce the odor, so something isn't right. He told me x-rays won't necessarily show whether or not they fit, so is there a definitive way (i.e., special type of x-ray, MRI, etc.) to determine if the fit is correct?

Any time you floss and smell an odor, that means there is a leaking crown. The Dentist may not want to change it because it might look like a perfectly good crown. But, until the crown is re seated, it will continue to have the odor. And, it is not only when you floss, breath will keep that odor, too.

The x-ray didn't show any leakage, but it was...

The x-ray didn't show any leakage, but it was clear to me their were two crowns that didn't fit. They have since been replaced. I found an excellent lab and my dentist agreed to use them. We split the lab fees and replaced all 4 crowns. There is no longer any bacterial leakage taste, so I'm positive I was correct. These are much thinner and I spent 6 hours on two different days at the lab. My dentist liked their work so much he now uses them for his other patients too.

That is awesome that you did all that research to find a good lab. Would love to hear the name of the lab you went with.

I feel the lab is equally or more important than the dentist when it comes to crowns, especially if you have a unique situation like a tight fit, non-uniform spacing, etc.