60 Years Old, 3 Years Post Face-lift - Greenwich, CT

See review of doctor....worked very well in my...

see my review of doctor below.... Radiesse worked very well in my cheeks and chin areas...surgeons seem reluctant to tell you that a face lift will not solve fat loss issues in your face. Radiesse worked well for me. Belotero, on the other hand was somewhat of a disaster.

Greenwich Dermatologist

I am an older, fair haired woman who previously has had a face lift, CO2 laser and regular botox. I consulted various dermatologists when I thought I might need fillers, as I was not liking the haggard face that I saw in the mirror. Dr. Nichols’ credentials are very good. She is attentive, focussed, a good listener, and seems to have an artistic eye. At my first visit, three months ago, she prescribed Mirvaso (new on the market) for Rosacea. It appears to me to be a miracle topical drug that eliminates my redness. No one had mentioned this drug to me before. We proceeded slowly as I built my confidence in her judgment. First was Radiesse in my cheeks...success. Simultaneously, she injected steroids into a scar on my forehead to reduce the bumpiness. Next was belotero around my eyes, which did not do well and caused bumpiness and swelling that lasted for a couple of months, until we decided to inject an agent to remove it. Throughout, I felt confident that Dr.Nichols would be able to fix the problem and so I did not panic, but patiently waited for her to decide how to proceed. This ability to inspire a patient with confidence is important, as it is easy to panic when things do not go as projected. It is essential for me to know that my doctor will do everything possible to correct a mistake. After all, one is injecting a foreign substance into one’s body and people react differently. Most recently, Dr. Nichols did fraxel laser on my face to improve skin quality. She had said at the outset that the best outcome would be 3 to 6 treatments, and that it might take 3 treatments before I saw results. In this, she did not over promise, which is also very important, as it is normal to hope for miracles and then be disappointed when they don’t occur. However, in my case, she under promised, as I saw positive results after only two treatments, so I am proceeding with all 6. She also told me that the ugly scar on my forehead would pretty much disappear, and though it has not, it has greatly improved and so I expect she will be right about this as well. I had previously seen a laser specialist from whom I had one treatment. In comparison, I can say that I felt more comfortable with Dr. Nichols. There is a lot of hand holding in her office, especially by her beautiful assistant, Candy.

Thanks for sharing.  Do you think if you could have a do-over that you would skip the facelift and just have the Radiesse, or are you glad you did both?