Tummy Tuck and then Pregnant! - Greenville, SC

I was divorced with 3 children when I consulted...

I was divorced with 3 children when I consulted with Dr. McFadden on a tummy tuck. Although I was engaged, I was not planning to have anymore children. I was slim and had lost any baby weight (I was a size 2) but because of my 3 c-sections, I had extra skin. Dr. McFadden decided I needed a mini-tuck with reconstructing a new belly button and some lipo on hips and back. The team there was extremely helpful in planning for this surgery. The surgery was a success but the recovery was painful. Despite enduring that process, I had the results I could only wish for...within 3 months I was in a bikini on my honeymoon. Well, within 6 months...yup...you guessed it - I found out our birth control did not work as planned and I was pregnant! I freaked out, immediately started following blogs and watching videos of other women who had a tummy tuck and then got pregnant. I was nervous my abdomen wouldn't stretch, that my tuck would be ruined, etc. I ended up having another (my 4th) c-section and my ObGyn's followed the same scar as my tuck. Well my baby is already a year and I can testify that Dr. McFadden must know what he is doing! My stomach is just as flat, thank goodness I didn't get anymore stretch marks and my muscles are still tight. So, yes, you can get pregnant after a tummy tuck...and you can bounce back and look great!

Greenville Plastic Surgeon

I researched online comments and viewed before and after galleries along with inquiring locally with friends and acquaintances.

That is amazing! I am eleven weeks post tummy tuck and although we battled infertility prior to my tt, I am now terrified of becoming pregnant! Good to know that it can workout!
Yes, it is true! I have had three women have tummy tucks and then get pregnant afterward...and they all look just as good as they did right after surgery (contrary to popular belief). So, while I can't promise this same result for everyone, it is definitely possible--moreso than I even expected. Thomas McFadden, MD
WHAT AN AMAZING story! Thanks for sharing, and most of all,thanks for bringing another beautiful life into the world!