Is This PIH - Greenville, SC

I've had my third laser hair removal treatment to...

I've had my third laser hair removal treatment to my underarms.

The first session didn't leave any discoloration. I overheard the tech say she was setting the machine to 24 (whatever that means). The second treatment left my underarms very grayish brown. When I came back for my third visit she asked the doctor to take a look and he said it looked like yeast infection. He prescribed oral prednisone, 4% HQ cream and recommended an OTC hydrocortisone. I've also added a 17% vitamin c serum to my arm pit "cocktail". Does this look like PIH and will it go away?

Did the discoloration ever go away? What place did you have this done at? I am considering getting laser hair removal in the Greenville area and want to avoid this place.
It went away. I believe it was a individual response to to my first therapy. I have had MULTIPLE treatments afterwords and never experienced it again.
You said the second treatment left your underarms grayish-brown, was this immediately after the treatment? Was there any blistering? How long did the treatment area remain red for? Upon first glance I thought this looked like yeast. PIH occurs after a considerable amount of inflammation has occurred. Are you on any medications?

Living social