Is This PIH - Greenville, SC

I've had my third laser hair removal treatment to...

I've had my third laser hair removal treatment to my underarms.

The first session didn't leave any discoloration. I overheard the tech say she was setting the machine to 24 (whatever that means). The second treatment left my underarms very grayish brown. When I came back for my third visit she asked the doctor to take a look and he said it looked like yeast infection. He prescribed oral prednisone, 4% HQ cream and recommended an OTC hydrocortisone. I've also added a 17% vitamin c serum to my arm pit "cocktail". Does this look like PIH and will it go away?

Living social

Did the discoloration ever go away? What place did you have this done at? I am considering getting laser hair removal in the Greenville area and want to avoid this place.
It went away. I believe it was a individual response to to my first therapy. I have had MULTIPLE treatments afterwords and never experienced it again.
You said the second treatment left your underarms grayish-brown, was this immediately after the treatment? Was there any blistering? How long did the treatment area remain red for? Upon first glance I thought this looked like yeast. PIH occurs after a considerable amount of inflammation has occurred. Are you on any medications?
No blistering occurred and it appeared as soon as the follicular swelling went away. He prescribed 4% HQ cream and I have been using twice a day. The discolorarion almost completely resolved after about 4 weeks. I have since had another treatment and they reduced the setting which did not leave any discoloration. The discoloration followed exactly along the hair follicle line so I really don't feel this was yeast. I could be wrong. Regardless, the HQ cream worked like a charm along with hydrocortisone cream. I honestly believe the setting was too high. I have very sensitive skin. Even a fire any bite will be visible for months if I keep scratching at it.

Hi there, welcome and thanks for sharing your experience with us. Have the creams and oral medication been working?

It's only been a week and I feel like there's not been a significant change. Maybe it hasn't been long enough. ???

Did your doctor give you any indication of how long it would take to clear? You could be right and you may just need to give it longer to work, especially if you're seeing signs of small changes, it may be starting to work.