Mastopexy and Augmentation - Greenville, SC

It only took me 7 years to break down and finally...

It only took me 7 years to break down and finally make a consultation for breast surgery. After our son was born and the after effects of pregnancy and breastfeeding were left behind I made my appointment. I spent time asking around and browsing the web before making the decision on who I wanted to see. Every path kept leading me to Dr. Blakemore. So I made my consultation appointment and controlled my nerves the best way I could. My husband was sure to go with me on the first few appointments to make sure I didn’t make any decisions that were “too small”. Bless! From the moment Dr. Blakemore walked in the room I knew she was the one! She sat down and talked to me like she had all day. She listened to my dislikes about my breasts and encouraged me to explain to her what I would like instead. She didn’t immediately disrobe me and start figuring out what she could do to turn the finger-painting into a masterpiece. Once I told her what I wanted, THEN she examined my breasts and gave me her professional advice. I thought I only needed some implants and I would be good as new, but Dr. Blakemore very kindly recommended a mastopexy procedure that would give me a little lift. She was so right!! Once I made the decision to schedule the surgery I went in for a pre-op visit where I got to try on some sizers to try to get a feel for the size I wanted to be. Again, my husband tagged along for “size support”. Dr. Blakemore’s nurse was with us for the majority of this visit. She was super sweet and encouraging. After much back and forth between sizes, we (my husband and I) finally compromised on 400cc memory gel implants. On the day of surgery I was crazy nervous! The pre op nurse was precious and made me feel as comfortable as I think any nurse could. Even the anesthesiologist was nice (what I remember of him). When I woke up from surgery I felt like I had been ran over by a train. I really don’t even remember the next few days- including the next day follow up appointment. . I had another appointment in a week and then 1 month post op. Dr. B prescribed me an awesome scar cream that I apply twice a day. It’s been a little over 1 month since my surgery and you can barely even see the scars. I couldn’t be happier with the results. I’m so glad I went with the 400cc, and combined with the lift they are perfect!!! Oh, and let’s not forget about the husband… He’s extremely pleased as well! It’s been fun watching the transformation they’re making week by week.

Before

Before

Healing process

Official size

I went to VS today to get my official post op size. To my amazement I measured in at 34DD!!! Love my new bras and I feel amazing!!!!!!

3 month post op (11/1/13)

I had my 3 month post of visit today. Dr. Blakemore was very pleased with the results, as am I! The nurse took my official "after pics" today and gave me a print out of the before and after. WOW! What a difference! Worth every penny!
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

I can't go on enough about Dr. Blakemore, her nurse, and the entire Upstate Plastic Surgery team. She made me feel like I was the only patient in the office every time I go in for an appointment. I have never waited over 5 minutes and she always answers any questions I have with professionalism and honesty. She came very highly recommended and now I see why! I would recommend Dr. Blakemore to anyone who is seeking out ANY type of plastic/cosmetic surgery including my closest friends and family. I am very pleased with the mastopexy and augmentation and wish I would have done it a lot sooner.