face

Horrible experience. Rhytidectomy (face lift) was...

Horrible experience. Rhytidectomy (face lift) was performed at the surgery center at Greenville Plastic Surgery by Dr. J. Lynn Garrison, MD. (June 2011) After THREE painful corrective procedures (Sept. 2011, January 2012, April 2012) my face looks awful.

My neck sags on the left side, very uneven irregularities under my chin. The skin on my lower face is pulled tight so my mouth looks distorted I also now have a deformity called "PIXIE EARS" (excess tension on my face had caused the earlobes to be pulled down towards the angle of the jaw). Very noticeable and unattractive. Can't wear my hair up or wear ear rings it is so ugly. The scars behind my left ear are thick and very conspicuos.

Also, large lump on left cheek.I have consulted with TWO DOUBLE Board Certified Plastic Surgeons, (Dr. J.Madison Clark,MD, Alamance Ear, Nose & Throat & Facial Plastic Surgery; Dr. Adam Stein, MD, Stein Plastic Surgery) and have been told that a REVISION surgery is necessary to correct my face...BUT Neither will do it at this time. They said the skin is pulled to tight and there is not enough facial skin left for them to work with. Talked to Dr. Lynn Garrison, MD (my husband was present)on 9/19/12 and told her the estimate was from other DOUBLE Board Certified surgeons to do revision surgery is $5000. She said she would refund my money less the anesthesia fee as she had paid that direct. I also addressed this in writing the next Monday. To date I have had absoutely no reply from Dr. Lynn Garrison, MD.

I wonder if harderandfaster has something there with the suggestion of fillers.Maybe you could get fillers to stretch the skin faster to get enough tissue available for you to go forward with your revision .I know they sometimes use spacers in breast implantation when more tissue is needed , why not in the face? I am really sorry you had an unsatisfactory result .Thank you for being brave enough to discuss it here . Aquilt
Which Dr. Stien did you go to. I live in Tennessee and would like to find a great plastic surgeon for face lift. Any recommendations?
I'm sorry to know what you've to go through after your facelift. I know how does it feel like to spent your money and not being satisfy with the results. This is not just about money but all the emotional frustration we ended up with to see that all our expectations were not fulfilled. When we decide to go for a plastic surgery especially a facelift, is not that we are expecting to look 10 or 20 years younger. Mostly what we want is to look fresher. I had a facelift about a month ago and I don't know if its normal but up to this day my jowls Andy chin are hanging in a very unevenly way, also after the third week I started to notice that a big hollow is forming on my right cheek, by my mid face area. Another problem that I have is that I've always had puffiness under my lower eyelid. Not exactly on the lower eyelid but more down like over my cheek none. My PS told me he was going to correct that by tightening the tissues and the skin in that area. Now the puffiness is more noticeable than before. Little I knew before I had my facelift that this puffiness is called Malar Crescent. I did my research too late. I've been looking for information and this is something that mostly can't be remove during a facelift. I told my PS about all my concerns, but he says I have to keep waiting for best results. I do not trust him anymore. I dont know how long should I have to wait to go and get a second opinion. Mia

UPDATE: Facelift experience performed by Dr. Lynn...

UPDATE: Facelift experience performed by Dr. Lynn Garrison, MD. At a meeting with Dr. Lynn Garrison at Greenville Plastic Surgery recently she worked with me to resolve my issues to my complete satisfaction. Dr. Garrison is a "person of her word" and addressed my complaint in a professional manner. The staff at Greenville Plastic Surgery are nice and cordial as well.

Something sounds "fishy" to me here. and then the mysterious comment by "wecare" whoever that is.. I hope you're doing ok! I am guessing you got your money back (finally) good lord, so sorry for all you went through. Remember always that you are a beautiful person!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

After all you've gone through I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve your problems with this doctor. Did Dr. Garrison perform another revision surgery or did you settle this issue financially?
Greenville Plastic Surgeon