29 Years Old, 3 Pregnancies (2 of my Own and 1 Surrogacy) 60lb Weight Loss, No Lipo, No Muscle Repair. Greensburg, PA

10 days until surgery! Eek. I am so nervous and...

10 days until surgery! Eek. I am so nervous and trying to prepare as much as I can. Love my plastic surgeon and definitely trust him. (Former breast aug/lift)

I have worked hard to get to a weight where I am comfortable (135-140), but my skin won't recover. PS says that my muscles are great and I won't need any lipo. Every part of my body has excess skin..so starting at the top and working my way down.

I am a single(ish) mom, so I will be mostly on my own during recovery. My girls are 7 and 9 and fairly independent, so I think we will be okay :)

Advice, tips, anything would be awesome!

One week to go!

This time next week, I will hopefully have a much flatter tummy! I'm now totally stressing about my recovery time. Everyone is here discussing FMLA and 4 weeks of work. I'm over here like "I have 4 days." "Ain't nobody got time for that!"

I finally found the compression socks that my PS recommended. It took me 4 stores to find the right ones but I found them. Brought them home to try them on and realized there is only one per box. FYI.

I'm going to make sure everything is done this weekend, meals prepped, laundry done, house cleaned. I'm sure that will get me through at least the day of surgery ;)

There also seems to be a debate around here about if a TT or csection is worse. My PS said TT should be much easier? Hope so!!

Oh Look! More gross pictures!

Just a few more days! I'm spending the weekend cooking, cleaning and getting all my last minute affairs in order. Thankfully, I've been super busy so not a lot of time to sit impatiently.

Everytime I feel guilty for my surgery, I go back and look at my picture to remind myself why this is okay. I know that I deserve this, but time and money taken away from my family definitely pulls at the guilt strings.

I'm not shy and have told many people about my TT. Most people aren't supportive, but I'm dealing with it. "You're so skinny, you don't need a TT". Sigh... I don't usually care what people think, but I know that I will need help after this and would definitely like more support.

Almost there guys.. Almost there. Deep breath!

Time Scheduled!

I have to be at the office at 8:45 for a 10:30 surgery!

I received a surprise in the mail with 2 appointment slots for lymphatic massages post surgery. A nice bonus taken care of my my plastic surgeon's office. Supposedly, it helps with swelling and healing.

Starting an antibiotic today since I'm allergic to all the IV ones possible.

Instructions: no food or drink after midnight. Zantac the night before and the morning of. Compression socks on to surgery center.

That's it! I've been super busy getting ready so I haven't had much time to be nervous.

12 hours til show time

I'm surprisingly not feeling super anxious. I'm much more concerned about recovering quickly to take care of my family than worrying about the actual surgery.

Hoping to get some sleep! Wish me luck! :)

Made it!

Post OP Day 1!

I really can not say enough good things about Aestique, Dr. Antimarino and his staff. Everyone is very kind, funny, professional... It made the whole thing easy and manageable.

My procedure went very smoothly and Dr. A said everything went very well. Procedure was at 10:30 and I was home by 2:30.

I am feeling great! The pain is extremely manageable and way less than I thought. I'm staying on top of my pain pills (Vicodin every 4-6 hrs).

I'm walking around fairly easily and moving about from chair, bed and couch. For those that ask about c-sections... This is definitely easier. Keeping in mind that I had no muscle repair and no lipo. I'm sure this makes a big difference!

I'm so excited to see what I look like! Post op appt is Tuesday (almost a week post) and everything is all wrapped up until then.

PS said no shower until then!
:eyes widen: he said he told me that but I must have purposely forgot!

Pictures!

Drain issues. One was not draining and the other was leaking. A quick visit with the nurse and we are all fixed up! PLUS! She removed my bandages :). I'm so excited and can't wait to see it with less swelling!

Exhausted

I'm too tired to even count what day this is, but my pain is really not too bad. I keep starting conversations with people and then saying "nevermind. Too tired to talk" lol. My back is starting to ache a bit from being hunched over, but not terrible. My worst complaint is being tired. I'm not sleeping well at all and can't wait to be back on my belly!

I'm thrilled with my recovery so far and praying that it continues!

Another day!

Woke up today feeling pretty good! Got a little more sleep last night than I have been. I think my back is hurting more than my tummy.

I was going to my girls' games today, but both were canceled due to weather. Thank goodness because after changing my clothes and putting on makeup, I'm wrecked.

4 days PO!

Feeling a little better each day. Slowly but surely!

Pics today don't look to different but slightly less swelling.

No pain meds since yesterday morning. I'm taking over the counter pain reliever which seems to be helping the most and I'm not so fuzzy. I took a Tylenol PM last night to help me sleep, which helped tremendously.

My daughter has a softball game today so I'm going to try to get out of the house for a couple hours. Hopefully, it won't be too much.

I'm so sick of sitting in bed but I know that it's necessary :/

6 Days PO!

Today was a big day! I went this morning to my post op appointment. Dr. Said everything looks great and removed steri strips and one drain. I was more anxious about the stupid drain than the surgery!

I'm really happy so far. Of course, the swelling is getting annoying but I expected it so I'm waiting patiently to really see what I'll look like. I also got to see my belly button today! I was afraid it would look "fake" but I don't think it does at all. It's super small, which is amusing to me. There has been so much sagging skin over top that it always seemed big!

I ended up doing way too much today... Not much was option, except the glorious first shower... But that wasn't really optional either. I feel like absolute crap now. I've been doing great at resting, so I'm not happy about doing too much today!

One week for the next check up and drain removal :)

Almost 2 weeks PO

Had an updated review but it erased so I will post pics instead :)

Drain is still in because I'm still draining 50-60ml per day. After some scary blood draining this weekend, it's better in than out for me at this point. Should be out by the end of the week.

I'm back on "couch potato" to make sure the bleeding doesn't start up again and the drainage can slow down.

Can't wait to feel human again... And shop! I think my incision looks AMAZING!
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Looking great - very nice shape! :)
Looking very good!!
Healing Nicely.
You look so great!!!
Hey, I'm no expert, but you are looking amazing. Remember, small achievements each day. Hope I do as well after tomorrow.
Glad all is healing properly&you're doing well. Take it easy. :)
U look great so flat!!!
You look great!! Thank you for posting! I'm only 4 days away from making it to the flat side and I am very nervous!
You are going to do great!! Stay busy so you don't worry so much :)
We will both do OK on the 18th. Stay positive, prepare everything for your return home and look forward to the future. I will be watching your updates and look forward to comparing notes. All the best and Happy Healing. Love and Live Life.
Even with the swelling u look good!
Enjoy your Sunday! Looking Fabulous!
Just checking in on you. Your photos look good. Get plenty of rest and set yourself small achievements each day and let your body heal at its own pace. You're doing really well, so stay positive and I hope I am doing as well later next week.
Get lots of rest! You're looking so good!
Looking good!
Hang in there.sleep i s my enemy right now. I can't even on meds :/ Hope you can try to get comfy and sleep well tonight.
Glad you're doing well! Happy healing!!
Wow!!!! Beautiful!!! FLAT!!!!
Super Flat :) YAY!!!!!!!! Happy Healing!
You are looking great!! Congrats my day is the 18th!
I'm glad your surgery went so smoothly!! Can't wait to see pics! I'm sure you look amazing :)
Yay!!!! So glad to hear you're doing so well!! Can't wait to see what you look like. I'll be thinking of you as you continue healing.