Neck Lift with Chin Implant and Endoscopic Brow Lift - Greeneville, TN

Expectations for recovery and results from surgery...

Expectations for recovery and results from surgery should be very thoroughly investigated. 3 weeks recovery time is unrealistic and is what i was told to expect. I thought this meant that I would feel like my self but just look better after 3 weeks.

Not sure when the scars will heal well enough for me to go hairdresser. I had a few minor procedures in the past but they were nothing compared to this. I don't feel "normal" I realize I'm just 3 weeks out and maybe that is too soon to tell. Actually I felt pretty good just a week after but I've had a setback with a surgery related issue and now very depressed. I'm not sure I'll ever get the sensation back in my face, or the constant pressure, numbess and tightness around my neck is making me very anxious. I have to force myself to stop thinking about it or I feel like I'll go crazy.

I feel like a whiny crybaby who got what they wanted and now wish they had of left good enough alone. I still have high hopes that eventually I'll look better than I did before but I really just want this muscle tension and numbness to go away.

I don't feel I was given enough info of what to expect after the surgery. I think that if most people knew what they were in for in the slightest, they would think long and hard about going forward with it.

For me and my family, the cost is signficant. I feel guilty for spending it selfishly and for vanity. I sure hope that in the end I will look and feel like it was worth it.

vanitycheck2014 ;people experience pain and discomfort in many different ways. 3weeks is a bit scant on feeling normal and looking as well as you would like to in most cases.If you chose your surgeon with confidence and he did a good job you will soon ,in another 4 weeks or so, see the fruits of his labor! Hang tight even though you are somewhat discouraged at the present time. Best, Edward O Terino MD
I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough recovery. I know that it can take longer to fully heal than what many people think. Here's a thread in the facelift forum discussing this very issue.

I truly hope you feel better soon and like your results, too. Please keep us posted!