36 Year Male with Excess Abdominal Skin and Fat That Made Me Self-conscious - Greenbrae, CA

I lost a significant amount of weight with diet...

I lost a significant amount of weight with diet and exercise and I was left with a flabby abdomen---too much skin and fat--I could literally grab my belly between my hands! In short this made me feel really self-conscious especially during sex. Also, I didn't feel comfortable when I would wear my clothes as my belly would spill out over the top of of my pants.

Had a good experience with Dr. Mohebali. My biggest concern was the anesthesia risk due to a questionable family history but the anesthesia went well as did the surgery. I am recovering right now and trying to take it easy. The biggest challenge is not doing anything! I am post op day 3 today and making sure I move around to prevent clots. I am just taking tylenol ATC for pain control and I did take a muscle relaxant (flexeril) after the surgery. I'm not going to sugar coat anything: this procedure is painful! Thankfully I have a high pain tolerance and I didn't want to risk the complications from taking opiates---namely constipation. I have looked inside my compression garment and it's crazy to no longer see a huge protruding belly! Everything is swollen but I'm already pleased with the results. I get to have the drain removed next Wednesday, I'm still walking hunched over.

Before and after pics