better than new - Baltimore, MD

Dermatologist recommended removal of mole in...

Dermatologist recommended removal of mole in hairline of forehead after biopsy revealed cancerous cells. Done under local anesthetic, Dr. Capone had to go down to the bone to be certain of getting clear margins, but he included me in discussion of procedure while it was being done, and made certain I was comfortable both physically and emotionally, and prepared me for the astonishingly large bandage. He made certain I knew exactly what I had to do to facilitate the healing process. Two weeks later the bandage came off, and I was astounded to see the beginnings of new skin forming, and signs of new hair growth! Within two months there was very little evidence of the procedure, and a year later there is no scar, and my hairline is better than it had been. Hooray for Dr. Capone!
Such a great outcome! I'm desperate for the same exact thing, except the mole is in the middle of my fore head. Could you provide pictures?

Welcome to RealSelf, trains! Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We'd love to see photos too, if you feel comfortable sharing. :)

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Very skilled, and quite good at calming the patient and making the patient realize that he/she is an important part of the healing process.