Great Results!

I was considered a "partial" case,...

I was considered a "partial" case, meaning that I only needed 9 aligners (most take the full 18). I travel a lot and only had to check in with my dentist once during the process. I am very happy that I have straight teeth and a very natural looking smile. One has to be serious about using an at-home product vs. regular braces, because skipping a night is really noticable and your teeth will feel mis-aligned when you snap them back in. I'd recommend the product to anyone.

I asked my dentist last week about referring...

I asked my dentist last week about referring people for invisalign.  He said that he's not looking to expand his invisalign business and is something that he prefers to offer to his existing patients.  It is a CAD process to make the trays that reshape the teeth using teeth molds and it is typical that a "touch up" of additional trays are needed -requiring more teeth impressions and follow up appointments. (my "express" case of 8 original trays needed 2 additional trays which required a second set of impressions).

Apparently, the profit margin on invisalign is low and the check up appointments and additional impressions eats into his regular patient schedule.  I have finished my invisalign process and LOVE my smile! My teeth are very straight and look natural (vs. dentures).  I find myself smiling a lot these days.

I have a great dentist and I'm happy to refer him if someone is looking for a new dentist that provides invisalign.

-SobeMax

NOTE:  My dentist is NOT looking...

NOTE:  My dentist is NOT looking for invisalign patients.  He only offers it as a service to existing patients.

hi - i am in the dc area too and my daughter really wants invisalign too. Please let me know the dentists contact info. thanks, julie
I would love to go and try your dentist. I'm due for my annual checkup and I think that will be a good opportunity to talk to him about my braces needs
May I know who your dentist is? Thanks!
Could you post the name of the dentist on this messageboard or email it to me please.. thank you..
Hello - This is the reply that I received for this Dentist: But I talked to my dentist last week about giving his name out and he really isn't looking to expand his Invisalign business. He said that it really isn't particularly profitable for him and that he prefers offer it to his patients who go to him for regular dentistry needs. And also to patients who don't require extreme straightening since the alignment trays are CAD and there are usually 2-3 sets of teeth impressions required per patient. I was considered an "express" case and needed 8 sets of aligners. But my dentist had to make new impressions of my teeth after the initial 8 since my teeth were still a little crooked and had to have 3 additional aligners to make them perfectly straight. The dentist's profit is whittled away each time he has to make impressions. Dr. Donald Vafides 1122 19th Street, NW Washington, DC 202.466.3570 He's an excellent dentist and I am extremely happy with his work as well as the invisalign treatment. Good luck! -SobeMax
I recently moved to DC and am looking for a new dentist. Could you please e-mail me the name and contact of this dentist. Thanks!
I was recently at my dentist and again spoke with him about Invisalign. He doesn't want Invisalign "only" patients since orthodontics isn't his primary focus. Sorry, but this service is offered to existing patients who are looking to improve the appearance of their smile. -SobeMAx
Thanks, very insightful post. I recently moved to the DC area and need to find a dentist. I would gladly become a regular patient of your dentist to receive this benefit. If you could pass on his contact info it would be much appreciated.
heyyyy um so it really only cost 1,100? I will be in DC soon and it is easy for me to travel there..please let me get his name and number thank you!!
That's great. I live in Laurel MD and was wondering if you send me the contact info for your dentist? -Thanks a bunch-
Has anyone been able to contact SobeMax? I would really like to get the contact information for this Dr.
Can I have the details of this clinic? I live in London, and its a lot cheaper than over here
Is there any chance that I could also get the contact of this provider? Thanks
Can I have the name and phone # of your dentist?
I am from Baltimore. Could you please give me the name of your dentist. Thank you. Editor note: You must be contacted privately to receive the doctor information you requested. This requires free registration for an account.
Is there any chance that I could also get the contact of this provider? Thanks ;-)

Yes...like everyone, may i please have the name of your provider? Or if anyone was able to get a response from him, may i please also get the name. I am a college student and paying m {edited contact information}y way through college so I am trying to find the cheapest there is. Thank you for all your help. Please email me at  Thanks!

Editor note: to contact this user privately click on their username.

Could you please give me more details on your dental problem and also send me the details of your doctor. Thanx
Same as everyone before. In Baltimore area and wanted to know the Dentist that provided the service. If you could email me the information that would be great =) Thanks!
Sounds great, I'm in Northern Virginia- could you email the contact information for the dentist you used? Thanks!
Hi! I'm in Baltimore as well, and I'd love to get the name of your dentist. Thanks!
Would you mind e-mailing me the dentist's name as well? I live in Baltimore.
WOuld like to know the dentist that you used?
Hi, that sounds great. Could you please recommend the doctor you used? Thanks!
I'm in the DC area. Who is your dentist? Editor note: you must join RealSelf so you can be contacted privately with doctor recommendations and feedback. This requires free registration for an account. When registering you must opt-in to receiving private contacts (a check box).