Open Wound! My Tummy Tuck Journey! - Great Neck, NY

Hello Beautiful Ladies! I hope everyone is doing...

Hello Beautiful Ladies!

I hope everyone is doing well. I had a Tummy Tuck with Liposuction of my Flanks on July 20, 2013. I am about 6 weeks Post-Op. My incision above my Vagina opened up after about two weeks. I ended up in the ER for two days and was told I had a "Local Infection". I was given two different types of antibiotics through an IV and I was prescribed oral antibiotics when I went home. My PS was on vacation the whole time I was going through everything. I'd like to believe that my open wound is getting better but I don't want to get my hopes too high. I started to use "Santyl" which is a medicated ointment my PS prescribed me and my brother who cleans my wound and does EVERYTHING for me says that my wound is getting harder to clean on the inside which hopefully means its closing. Even though I've been through so much I can honestly say my surgery was WORTH IT. I never took into consideration any type of complications and I think not too many of us do. There's a lot more to my story but I don't want to write way too much. :)

Before going to the ER. (3 weeks Post-Op)

Today at 6 weeks Post-Op. After about a week of using Santyl.

10 weeks Post-Op!

My wound closed!! I will put up pictures this week. I am going to start scar treatment soon. I have yet another complication. :( Fat Necrosis above my incision under belly button. Two hard lumps. You can't see them but you can feel them. They make my lower abdomen poke out a little but I'm patient and I've been through the hardest part already. Happy healing!! :)

1 Year Post-Op

I am now 1 Year Post-Op. I'm healthy and alive. I just had a Scar Revision 3 weeks ago and I'm so glad I did. I also had some Lipo. The lumps I felt in my tummy were removed as well but I still feel them. I see my PS on Saturday August 2nd. Let's see what he says. Will post pics soon! I hope everyone is well.

1 Year Post-Op/1 Month Post-Op Scar Revision.

It's been a year since my TT although I had many complications it was the best decision I've ever made. I had a Scar Revision and some Lipo 1 month ago and still recovering.

Also did you get feeling back to your belly? Or do you have numb spots?
My belly button is healed but my scar is hypertrophic which is raised but I just started scar treatment. Do you have pictures up? If you considered it then you want it and if you want it go for it. I had a rough recovery but it was worth it and you are considering the best PS!!
I would do it all over again if I had to! I hope that helps.
Your TT incision looks good and it's low. Your BB did it completely heal? I understand you had some issues. I would really like your insight on the whole procedure.
What doctor did your tummy tuck?
Dr. Tehrani! He's absolutely amazing at what he does.
I actually have an upcoming appt. with him this week in regards to a tummy tuck. I'm so nervous... On his website I saw a few tummy tuck pics but really didn't see the tummy tuck scar.
He's amazing. He is so talented. He's a very busy PS. You won't regret it. He just revised my scar 3 weeks ago and I had some Lipo done. He's very honest and wants you to look good! I have my follow up on August 2nd. Is your name Iris?
I see a lot of positive reviews on Dr. Thirani. How do you feel about your tummy tuck scar? Is it symmetrically. Can I ask you to send me a pic??
I've been botched after lipo with another doctor and truthfully I wouldnt have ever consider a TT before. But I can't change the past.
My incision is only 3 weeks old after being revised but I don't mind sending pics. You won't be disappointed with Dr. Tehrani. Explain exactly what you want and that's what he will do. I was very concerned about my belly button and it's perfectly round! Most TT patients have wierd belly buttons. My incision is very thin and low and he has a good steady hand you can tell from my incision.
I'll take pics tomorrow. I won't be home until late tonight. Any questions you have ask me I'm here to help especially that you're interested in the same PS. There's a lot you need to know that I wish I knew about preparing and after care.
Thank you!! I appreciate it.
You're welcome. :)
Hey! Do you want me to email you the pic?
Hi life is great! Hoping you can send some pics?
Yes. Do you wanna give me your email?
Its Limom577@gmail.com
@lifeis great. Hoping to hear from you, and also some tips if I decide to go through with the TT.
Hey! I'm sorry I haven't replied. I'm gonna post a picture. When is your appointment?
My appt was on Thursday, met with the PS. Nice guy...I have some thinking & planning to do.
Ohh wow! Makes me have hope! I just started santyl today. Can u tell me how u cleaned your wound and how many times you appied santyl?do u have pic of when ur scar closed..? Thank u so much for shareing...
I cleaned it everyday sometimes twice a day depending on how much drainage I had. I cleaned it with Steril Saline Wound Wash which I purchased at CVS. Please be very careful and as sanitary as possible. Santyl is amazing stuff. Let me know if you have any other questions!! :)
Sterile*
Thank you so much! Im on my third say using santyl and already see it eating away the white gibrinous material. What happens after the white stuff is almost gone? I havs a lot of red voming in from the borders