Open Wound! My Tummy Tuck Journey! - Great Neck, NY

Hello Beautiful Ladies! I hope everyone is doing...

Hello Beautiful Ladies!

I hope everyone is doing well. I had a Tummy Tuck with Liposuction of my Flanks on July 20, 2013. I am about 6 weeks Post-Op. My incision above my Vagina opened up after about two weeks. I ended up in the ER for two days and was told I had a "Local Infection". I was given two different types of antibiotics through an IV and I was prescribed oral antibiotics when I went home. My PS was on vacation the whole time I was going through everything. I'd like to believe that my open wound is getting better but I don't want to get my hopes too high. I started to use "Santyl" which is a medicated ointment my PS prescribed me and my brother who cleans my wound and does EVERYTHING for me says that my wound is getting harder to clean on the inside which hopefully means its closing. Even though I've been through so much I can honestly say my surgery was WORTH IT. I never took into consideration any type of complications and I think not too many of us do. There's a lot more to my story but I don't want to write way too much. :)

Before going to the ER. (3 weeks Post-Op)

Today at 6 weeks Post-Op. After about a week of using Santyl.

10 weeks Post-Op!

My wound closed!! I will put up pictures this week. I am going to start scar treatment soon. I have yet another complication. :( Fat Necrosis above my incision under belly button. Two hard lumps. You can't see them but you can feel them. They make my lower abdomen poke out a little but I'm patient and I've been through the hardest part already. Happy healing!! :)

1 Year Post-Op

I am now 1 Year Post-Op. I'm healthy and alive. I just had a Scar Revision 3 weeks ago and I'm so glad I did. I also had some Lipo. The lumps I felt in my tummy were removed as well but I still feel them. I see my PS on Saturday August 2nd. Let's see what he says. Will post pics soon! I hope everyone is well.

What doctor did your tummy tuck?
Dr. Tehrani! He's absolutely amazing at what he does.
Ohh wow! Makes me have hope! I just started santyl today. Can u tell me how u cleaned your wound and how many times you appied santyl?do u have pic of when ur scar closed..? Thank u so much for shareing...
I cleaned it everyday sometimes twice a day depending on how much drainage I had. I cleaned it with Steril Saline Wound Wash which I purchased at CVS. Please be very careful and as sanitary as possible. Santyl is amazing stuff. Let me know if you have any other questions!! :)
Sterile*
Thank you so much! Im on my third say using santyl and already see it eating away the white gibrinous material. What happens after the white stuff is almost gone? I havs a lot of red voming in from the borders
It starts to turn pink you can see it in my second picture. Then before you know it you're healed! I have to update my profile. I just had a scar revision 3 weeks ago and some more lipo. I'm so swollen but my scar looks the way it should've looked in the first place. Eating right and taking vitamins play a big part.
Do you have pics? What happened to you? I tried to look at your profile but I don't see pics. Whatever it is you are going through in about two weeks you will feel way better. I promise! Santyl gave me major healing results in a week!
Wow! What a huge difference in your wound!! It looks like it heal quick too! You look awesome!
Hey what is santyl?! my wound also opened and I just want it to close :(
Hi, Santyl is a prescription ointment that helps build skin back and prevents infection. I used Silvadine too and that's prescription as well. Google Santyl and check out the website. How big is the wound? Is it deep? You will be ok. I promise. It just takes time. Be patient. One day at a time.
Wow! Want a big difference in your incision. Looking good!
Yes! Thank you. My wound is completely closed now. I have to put up pics soon. You're almost there. We are getting closer and closer each day!!! :)
Hope your healing well!
I posted in your profile after viewing your pictures and reading that your PS wants to close you back up! Please inbox me. Mine was way bigger than yours and infected and my PS wouldn't close me back up. I have problems with healing too and my skin is super sensitive. I'm so worried now I hope you read this in time. Lots of love. Good luck. God is with you.
I just emailed you
Thank you so much for this post I am going through this open wound delay now and praying mine closes up. Doctor syas I was allergic to sutures so my body spit them out only in the front. Im definitely asking about that antibiotic ointment, thanks again
@luvinme: You're welcome! My body didn't dissolve a lot of the sutures as well. I can see two sticking out of my skin now and every time they cleaned my open wound they would find pieces of them. Santyl is amazing. I'm not sure if you have insurance. I don't. I had to pay almost $200. It's the same price everywhere I checked but it was the best $200 I've ever spent. We've already invested so much into our surgery. At first I wasn't going to buy it but my wound was hurting so bad and I was using Silvadine but it wasn't working fast enough. Silvadine did help my scabs fall off on the other side. Please have your PS prescribe Santyl. Look at my pictures. That was in only a week. How big is your wound? You will get better soon. I promise. Each day is bringing us closer to being healed.
I am praying for you and I envy your strength
@Dreamchaser33: Thank you so much. We all have to get better one day. My day is just later than sooner. I'm still happy. I appreciate the support. It keeps me going. Lots of love!!
Girls, I'm sorry for all of my typos. Lol. :)
My surgery was July 19th :) has the wounds closed for you?
@Pharmsales: We has surgery a day apart. Congratulations!! How are you feeling? In the beginning when my wound first started opening I was wetting it because the nurse told me to but then after doing so much research I decided to stop wetting it so for the past 3 and a half weeks I have been sponge bathing. It's horrible and I feel dirty. Lol. I'm still swollen and that's what bothers me the most. My wound is starting to heal. The picture I posted was only a few days ago. I'm being patient. I'm so happy I went through with my surgery. I still feel in shock. How is your swelling? My PS was on vacation for a month after my surgery so I was so confused. Lots of love!!
@Pharmsales: I'm starting to learn how to use RS. I just viewed your photos and you look FREAKING AMAZING! I forgot to mention because of my open wound I had to stop wearing my girdle. So I think that's why I am still so swollen. It comes and goes. They say swelling can last for months. Lets see. I am going to ask my PS for my before pics and then I will post pics of me today. You will be shocked. I'm shocked when I see it and can't believe I let myself get like that. All gone now though. Your belly button is beautiful!! I was so scared about my belly button too and mine is perfectly round too. Yay! I will put more pics soon.
same swelling and I have seroma but that is subsiding after 4 weeks of needle aspriations I hope this will be the last of it. the bikini pics where at 2 weeks I was flat but with the swelling now I feel not as flat. my ps said it will take about 6 months to subside. hang in there you look great & keep it dry and sponge bath I know its hard I felt gross when I did it but it worked :) happy healing my friend.