Open Wound! My Tummy Tuck Journey! - Great Neck, NY

Hello Beautiful Ladies! I hope everyone is doing...

Hello Beautiful Ladies!

I hope everyone is doing well. I had a Tummy Tuck with Liposuction of my Flanks on July 20, 2013. I am about 6 weeks Post-Op. My incision above my Vagina opened up after about two weeks. I ended up in the ER for two days and was told I had a "Local Infection". I was given two different types of antibiotics through an IV and I was prescribed oral antibiotics when I went home. My PS was on vacation the whole time I was going through everything. I'd like to believe that my open wound is getting better but I don't want to get my hopes too high. I started to use "Santyl" which is a medicated ointment my PS prescribed me and my brother who cleans my wound and does EVERYTHING for me says that my wound is getting harder to clean on the inside which hopefully means its closing. Even though I've been through so much I can honestly say my surgery was WORTH IT. I never took into consideration any type of complications and I think not too many of us do. There's a lot more to my story but I don't want to write way too much. :)

Before going to the ER. (3 weeks Post-Op)

Today at 6 weeks Post-Op. After about a week of using Santyl.

10 weeks Post-Op!

My wound closed!! I will put up pictures this week. I am going to start scar treatment soon. I have yet another complication. :( Fat Necrosis above my incision under belly button. Two hard lumps. You can't see them but you can feel them. They make my lower abdomen poke out a little but I'm patient and I've been through the hardest part already. Happy healing!! :)

1 Year Post-Op

I am now 1 Year Post-Op. I'm healthy and alive. I just had a Scar Revision 3 weeks ago and I'm so glad I did. I also had some Lipo. The lumps I felt in my tummy were removed as well but I still feel them. I see my PS on Saturday August 2nd. Let's see what he says. Will post pics soon! I hope everyone is well.

1 Year Post-Op/1 Month Post-Op Scar Revision.

It's been a year since my TT although I had many complications it was the best decision I've ever made. I had a Scar Revision and some Lipo 1 month ago and still recovering.