Basal Cell Cancer Above my Lip - Great Neck, NY

I was diagnosed with Basal cell cancer by my...

I was diagnosed with Basal cell cancer by my regular dermatologist. She refereed me to Dr. Henry because she had had good experiences with her in the past and she was covered by my insurance (NSLIJ). I had a consultation with Dr. Henry and I have never had such a detail oriented doctor in my life. She described the entire procedure and even drew pictures of what the potential final outcome would be. She showed me before and after photos. She talked to me for almost 45 minutes and wasn't the least bit annoyed by my barrage of questions (I'm an engineer :) ). On the day of the procedure, she was very calming. All I can say is that this little lady knows her craft. My cancer was above my upper lip and after it was removed it was almost the size of a quarter! A little over a month later, I am am shocked by my scar. all I see is a thin line and the rest of it is hidden by my nose and smile. I can't believe that I was so worried about not using a plastic surgeon. All in all, Dr. Henry is great.
New York Dermatologist

Dr. Henry is kind and very smart (Harvard trained). She feels like your best friend that just happens to be brilliant. I could see her hands as she operated. They were delicate and controlled just like her. She's honest, doesn't invalidate your concerns and can deal with ABSURDLY anxious patients like me. Hopefully I don't have another cancer, but if I do I'd definitely use her again. And her receptionist, Linda, is a gem!

Hi Diane. Thanks for sharing your experience. Do you have to get any more biopsies done or are you all-clear?