Mid Facelift Gone Wrong - Great Neck, NY

I had a mid facelift. It has been emotionally...

I had a mid facelift. It has been emotionally devastating. I don't recommend having any surgery. I am left with asymmetry all over my face. I feel extremely self conscious. One side of my face is higher than the other. My mouth turns up on one side. My lips are uneven- on side higher. I have an indentation on the side that is higher. When I talk I have strange lines that extend from my mouth. I am so self conscious. I barely go out anymore. I'm devastated.
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr Jacono was extremely confident. This is what draws you in. He's done hundreds of these procedures he will tell you. He doesn't really go over the risks. I guess he thinks they are irrelevant because he is perfect. I see from other reviews on this site he is far from perfect. I guess I'm lucky I didn't have nerve damage like some others. That would have been even more devastating. My heart goes out to those who have. I also felt dr Jacono rushed through everything. Rising through the consultation, rushing through pre-op and no real follow up. I didn't see him for a couple of weeks post op. I could see the asymmetry right away. He said it would get better. It was just swelling. He was wrong I am devastated. I don't recommend using this doctor. He is much more confident then qualified.

I am so sorry to hear what you have gone through..my experience with Dr Jacono was much the same..RUSH RUSH RUSH! and now I am also left with devastation.. If only I had known then what I know now.. My thoughts and prayers are with you and with all of his victims, always.. wishing you peace and healing..

Thank you for sharing on RealSelf. We would love to see your photos so we can visualize what you're describing.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Very sorry to hear of your results. Have you consulted with someone about revisions? Just did a search on this surgeon and there is a Rip Off Report detailing some of the issues you mention.
Sorry, I just noticed that it's 2 years!! Is that right?
Oh dear, that's awful! How long is it now since your op?