The Great Debate: Restylane or Juvederm?

I’ve tried both Restylane and Juvederm for...

I’ve tried both Restylane and Juvederm for the hollows under my eyes and can definitively recommend Juvederm over Restylane. Here’s why.

Firstly, the Restylane process was much more involved and the recovery process was longer than advertised. I think this is important because people like me are specifically avoiding surgery. Odds are we object to looking bruised and lumpy for two weeks! That was my result with Restylane – my left eye was slightly bruised but my right eye was swollen and a million different shades of purple. Even makeup couldn’t cover it completely. I stayed that way for roughly two weeks.

When you consider this and how long the Restylane lasted – about three months for me – I needed to try something else. So I went to the same injector for comparison’s sake and asked for Juvederm instead. That was a lot less painful and I have had it for six months with no problems. The price was a bit more than Restylane but for double the result time I don’t mind. I also only bruised for a few days and it was nothing compared to the Restylane bruising.

Obviously everyone is going to be different but my experience speaks volumes for the differences between very similar injectables. If one doesn’t work for you, try another. Don’t despair because these products wouldn’t be on the market if they didn’t work for some people. There are just a ton of factors that influence how you’ll handle it and that’s why they don’t work for everybody.

Be the first to comment...

Please join RealSelf or sign in.