Great for Cheeks Bad for Under Eyes

I love the way my cheeks came out flawless but...

I love the way my cheeks came out flawless but under eyes bad product. I'm on 3rd week and still have redness and darkening and lumps under eyes. My Doc gave me lidocaine on the outside area of parts of my face so not to much pain just felt weird. He also added to my upper eyelid which looks really really good would not of thought how much younger you can look if you put some on upper outside part of brow.

I would do cheeks again but I will try something else for under eye next time. When will these mild lumps go away and redness and still some minor bruising strange. $500 a syringe.

My Doc was very sensitive to my fear of needles and pain

I have the redness and bumps under both eyes after haveing one full syringe 4 weeks ago. I keep concealer under my eyes all the time but the red still is visable and don't forget about the bumps, lumps. Not good. I won't be doing Radiesse again.
I had radiesse at the top of my cheek bones about 5 weeks ago and I have not noticed any improvement there but I definitely have the dark circles and the hollows under my eyes that I never had before. I look like a tired old hag and I used to look pretty good for my age. My doctor says nothing is wrong but I look terrible and no amount of make-up will cover it up. Does anyone know how long these ugly bags will last. I doubt I would do a filler again after this experience.
How are you doing? I had my radiesse under the eyes July 2009 and I still look like an old hag. It is better but still terrible looking. I keep hoping someone found a way to get rid of this stuff.
Sorry to hear of your ordeal. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do for it. The physician did nothing wrong (I would tell you if they did). Problem: blocked lymph drainage and irritation. This happens when the product infiltrates the lymph passage. It will go away but may take a few months. It will resolve. Stop massaging, rubbing, manipulating the area. Only use warm compress without massaging. This issue does not usually happen but some time a person's anatomy may vary a little allowing for vessels to be in areas we do not expect them to be. taking an anti inflammatory (motrin, advil, alleve etc) can help for inflammation but should be taken consistently for 2 weeks. Discuss this option with your medical provider first. I know it is unfortunate to be 1 out of every couple hundred people that may develop this reaction. On your next injection, mention this issue so that he or she may inject a little further from the lacrimal / nasal area.
I had the Radiesse under my eyes about 2 months ago. My left eye looks wonderful no more hollows! My right eye looks horrible! I have had serve puffiness , redness and it is very hard to cover up! I had a weekly steriod injection which gets rid of it for about 3 days, then they put me on a steriod pack which got rid of it for 8 days, then it is back in full force, I have tried many antihitimes, water pills prescrition strenght, sometimes when I wake up it is not there and looks great but within mintues it is all puffed up massage makes it worst,so does ice Dtr.keeps telling me its SO rare for an allergy for this. I originally went in for Botox on my forhead which Ive been getting for 3 years and LOVE! Never a problem, the Dtr pointed out the eye hollow I never thought about them I am 45 and have great youthful skin, just some fine lines on my forhead which the Botox takes care of, somehow she quickly talked me into the Radiesse it was only 350 for the both eyes I figured why not. I am SO SORRY I did this? Ive no idea how long it will last, now this Dtr does not want to treat it any longer says to see a Dermatogist. I saw a Derm last year for hives I had many many test done and nothing was found, the hives went away. This is DEFINETLY from the filler, I just want to know why, how long and why is it not there sometime in the morning??
Hi Lori A....I am so sorry you had to go thru this. I too was talked into getting this product injected under my eyes by a doctor and her nurse. I can't believe that they are allowed to do this KNOWING of all the problems women are experiencing by having it injected under the eyes!!! From what I've learn since having this done to me is that it's NOT even meant for under eyes.....SO WHY ARE THEY CONTINUING TO DO THIS??? Can you please tell me how long it took for your under eyes to go back to normal....if at all??? I'm on day 6 and I HAVE THE SWOLLEN BAGS that have fluid in them....they even burn a little. Should I ice or not?? So confused?? I am horrified as to what I might be in for. Any advice on what I should do would do would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! Haven't been able to eat or sleep since the injections!!!! PLEASE HELP ME.
Radiesse is exceptional in the cheeks, especially to soften the bony structures that may become prominent as we age. Now..., to answer your first question. Your under eye hollows can become deeper appearing as a result of volumizing the mid-face. This should have been pointed out to you. The 2nd answer is yes, the Radiesse will be absorbed by the body but this may take up to or over a year. SOLUTION: Treat the under eye hollows. You've paid quite a bit for the cheeks. Now, you should complete the process and take advantage of the situation and improve your overall look. I am sure that the injector (MD, PA or NP) would discount you heavily for the second syringe, if not, insist. Don't be shy, insist that you are doing more and was willing to return to him/ her and a discount should be made to please you; the paying client. In my experience, nothing else would work. Good luck, let me know how it turned out. I hope you also have a good body work-out routine to keep as healthy as possible, don,t only look good, feel good. C. Clarke
I am an injector myself, in NYC. 1st of all, radiesse is great for under the eyes in an experienced hand. once mixed well with the lido block and entered through the skin from a specific location and placed with a serial + bolus technique + kneeling, you can achieve excellent results. Some darkening of the eye may become apparent but this is usually from the the existing discolored atrophic skin being raised to the surface (it goes away gradually). 2nd. The cheeks do tend to lose the product quicker because this is a very high traffic area but if injected at the correct level you can see results lasting over 1 year. I have. Radiesse is not for the entire lips ( it can be used- mixed- only in specific regions for correction of frown lines & corner drops but not for plumping up the lips. Again EXPERIENCE is key. Too many practitioners [ from MDs to PA's to Nurses are attempting advanced stuff with out the right amount of experience or training. $500.00 is a very cheap cost for Radiesse and maybe this reflects (you get what you pay for), average cost in my practice is $700 - 750.00, with touch ups free, of course.
I had radiesse injected into my cheek area over 2 months ago. I notice that my eyes look more hollow...and now have dark circles that I never had before. Could the dark circles be from the radiesse...if so will these diminish gradually?