I Needed A Mommy Makeover! - Grand Rapids, MI

After my fourth child, I was looking in the mirror...

After my fourth child, I was looking in the mirror one day and noticed my body was definitely needing a little attention. I joined a local gym and started an exercise routine to try to get myself healthy again. Several years later, my stomach still looked quite protruded and my chest was flat. It was discouraging.

After talking to several friends, I decided to look into a tummy tuck and a breast augmentation. I visited a couple of different Doctor's offices, but none could compare to Dr Bengtson and his staff. The ladies in the office make you feel like "family". Dr Bengtson was so calm and kind, I was immediately put at "ease" by his professional, yet warm demeanor.

Before the surgeries, I had many questions and concerns. A staff member was always there with a listening ear, and helpful input. I also loved that I could see my "after" pictures before the surgery because of the 3D imaging that Dr Bengtson has in his office, amazing technology! Well, I had the surgeries done, first the breast augmentation and later the tummy tuck. I can't believe how much better I feel when I look in the mirror! I no longer have the urge to "hide" in the gym locker room. I love the fact that my breasts look so natural and fit my body proportions perfectly. I am also thrill that I don't look 5 months pregnant any more. My stomach muscles feel stronger than they ever did, it's a wonderful feeling. I am so happy and thankful that I chose to do the surgeries. Dr Bengtson is not only a Plastic Surgeon, but an artist, and he certainly has improved my life!

After having four children, my stomach was really...

After having four children, my stomach was really stretched out. I decided to get healthy and join a local health gym. After 5 years, and thousands of sit ups, I was pretty toned, but my stomach still looked awful! I looked 4/5 months pregnant. Talk about discouraging! I needed to do something. I started investigating several plastic surgeons in town and ended up in Dr Brad Bengtson's office. Wow, what a wonderful group of people, who really care. I have to admit, I had A LOT of questions and concerns and even some fear. Someone was always there to "calm my nerves"...I couldn't have gone through the surgery without them. Dr Bengtson is a wonderful Doctor and his credentials are very impressive. He is a skilled physician, an artist, so to speak, and a very pleasant person to work with. You'll also love the technology in his office, imaging, where you can actually see your "after" pictures...BEFORE. I have shared my results with several friends who have also trusted Dr Bengtson with their surgical needs and have been so pleased. One reason I have written reviews on RealSelf is to help anyone who is looking for a doctor they can trust to care and to do an amazing job. Dr Bengtson and his staff are the greatest! Please feel free to contact me if you have questions about the surgery. It wasn't nearly as painful as I thought it would be and recovery was a nice time to just "slow down" for two weeks, which is something we just don't do these days. Every day I look in the mirror, I am so thankful I finally got a tummy tuck, I feel so much better and no longer look like I am "expecting"!!!
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Dr Bengtson has over 20 years experience as a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and is a member of the ASAPS. His credentials are very impressive!!! It was also very helpful that Dr Bengtson's office offered financing through Care Credit, that sure made things easier on the family budget!

You are looking amazing!

Thank you so much! Definitely needed the repair done to my stomach muscles. Dr Bengtson is really a super person and physician! :-)

You look fabulous! Thanks for sharing your story.