Desperately Want Rhinoplasty and Chin Reduction - Grand Rapids, MI

I have hated my nose and chin for as long as I can...

I have hated my nose and chin for as long as I can remember! I was in denial for the longest time that I had a big nose and chin but as I'm getting older both my nose and chin seem to be getting even more prominent! It used to be that I only hated these features in pictures, but in the last few years I've really begun to see in the mirror what the camera has been telling me all along. There was a period in my life where I felt great... I was complicated frequently and despite my less-than-tiny features I still felt pretty! Now I feel just downright ugly! I don't like meeting people or running into people I used to know because I feel as though they will say to themselves "wow, she got ugly!". I think about my ugliness constantly! Even when I wake up in the middle of the night it pops into my head! I'm a new mother to the sweetest almost 5 month old boy who is my whole world! And when he looks up at me with his adorable little face and those beautiful eyes... as much as I LOVE it when he does... I can't help but wonder if thinks I'm ugly. Horrible thing to think, I know... I hope not to be judged here, but it happens. I feel bad for my husband at times as I wish I were prettier for him. Especially knowing how pretty his ex-wife is! Ouch!! I am hard-pressed to find a doctor who is experienced with chin reductions, especially in my area! (Grand Rapids, MI area). Despite my deep insecurities I do have a good outlook on life! I love greatly and enjoy the simple things! My husband and I have lots of fun just living life... yet underneath it all I am plagued with this embarrassment and hatred of my face. I feel manly! I just want to feel more feminine and pretty and get rid of this feeling I live with! Financially it is not the right time yet, which is a little depressing, but I will find a way someday! At least for rhinoplasty... that is first priority... chin reduction comes second. I will put photos up eventually, though it will take some courage! Haha. Any chin reduction experiences out there would be great to hear! Any Dr's in the area who have experience in this area would be great to hear from as well!

Pics

Accidentally hit submit... more pics

Birthday wish...

Turning 31 today... blah! I wish for a cuter nose!

Fun with Plastic Surgery App!

Reduced nose and chin. Oh how I wish.....

well I think u look just fine ur chin is fine u are pretty if u wanna change ur nose so badly I ll say why not so u would feel better but the chin i think its fine it works well with the rest of ur features dont mess up ur natural beauty
Wait, what's that app called?! LOL I wanna mess around w/ it!
Plastic surgery simulator lite!
Thx!!
We ARE always our OWN worst enemy! I think you look great too. And his ex wife is his ex wife for a reason! Keep that in mind. BUT it is important to make yourself happy so I say go for it. XOXO
Sweetie, please please please....listen to me :) You have a literally perfect chin for a female. Please do not change it. Trust me, your chin, jaw line, looks absolutely beautiful. Your nose is actually not that bad, but I see what you wanna have fixed. Your tip only needs to be reduced and made even to create nice flow towards your bridge without a "break" You are stunningly pretty girl...all seriousness. Dont mess with your chin. Your nose, I guess I agree.... But stop saying, "u wish u were prettier for him . Are you actually aware how gorgeous you are??? seriously!!! I'm pretty sure you are an amazing woman and that your husband is proud to be married to you!!! Greetings from Toledo Ohio :)
I was just wondering how much the nose job costs by itself? I've been wanting to get a nose job for a long time now, and Grand Rapids is relatively close to me.
I was just wondering how much the nose job itself cost? I've been wanting to get a nose job for awhile now, and Grand Rapids is relatively close to me.
You are so beautiful! Definitely better to have a strong chin, like Reese Witherspoon, than a weak one. I love your nose, too. Whatever you do, be very careful, and pick the best doctor that you can find, as you are so symmetrical already, a doctor is going to have a tough time making you more beautiful than you already are!
Happy birthday.
I think you look great as you are but I get it about wanting rhinoplasty because I chose to have it done as well. I like how your nose turns up. I always thought that was a cute look. I don't see a thing in your chin that should be changed. I also love your hair. I don't think you should pay attention to people telling you to change it. This is a plastic surgery site not a cosmetology one.
Well thank you for saying all that!! It's hard for me to see anything good about myself when I'm so focused on the bad... but I try to tell myself that it's not as bad as it is in my head. Sometimes it works and sometimes I think I'm just hideous! Haha... we are so hard on ourselves aren't we!?
Be careful with the chin thing. There are muscles in there that have to be re-attached properly and if not, would result in a bad look. Also, make sure you don't have any bad bite/occlusion problems. A narrow or recessed upper jaw can cause a chin/jaw to look prominent. Even if you don't have an underbite or bite problem that is identifiable, your teeth could have just compensated for your bite. Stay miles away from anyone who wants to burr your chin, by the way! You could consult a maxiallary facial surgeon for advice on your bite and if a sliding genioplasty is right for your case. Don't have someone file it, though! You'd be hard pressed to find someone really experienced at that and the maxillofacial surgeons are far more knowledgeable in that area.
Aaaand in all of that, I forgot what I was initially going to say... I think your face is very balanced and symmetrical! I know how you feel about your looks though, but if you are that hard on yourself you will be even more hard on yourself if the outcome is not ideal. So just take your time (you have waited this long) and do tons and tons of research, because you can always get surgery.... but you don't have opportunities to take it back. Stop comparing yourself to the ex, by the way! You are the woman in his life for a reason. I know I used to think my ex was the best looking thing ever, and now I look at him wondering what I ever saw! So you need to get that out of your mind, for sure. Old acquaintances you may run into I can assure you are too worried about what they look like and what you think of them! Also, any crap comments you get on here, and I won't name names, consider the source, that is all I have to say. It is really difficult to not say all of the other things I could, though! You do not need to defend yourself or sense of style to anyone, especially someone who claims to do something for a living and is trying to sell you advice, lol. Just, ew.
I actually think your hair is absolutley gorgeous and not to mention that perfectttt hairline you have !!! Yeah don't waste your time or money changing that!! I am sure you can do tons of stlyes with what you already have if you choose to. I agree with Zooster to save your $ for your dream surgery!!!
Thank you for the hair compliment! :) I have started my savings! Small but it's a start!
In the your last photo, you look gorgeous.

Thank you for starting your story on RealSelf! I think you're gorgeous, but also understand the feeling of wanting to change something about yourself. If you decide to go for it, find the best surgeon you possibly can. Here's what some doctors say about finding the right surgeon for you.

You also have a hairstyle that doesn't compliment you at all. It's amazing but a new hairstyle (or growing facial hair in men) can entirely change your face. I have a dear friend who shaved off a mustache he's had for 43 years. I walked right past him in the restaurant and it literally took me several seconds of looking at him to realize who he was. Go see a good hairstylist/image consultant and see what a different style might do for you. Don't believe me? Look at some B&A makeover pix with just hairstyle and makeup--they don't even look like the same person!
I think my hairstyle compliments me just fine. :)
I think it does. Don't waste your money on hairstyles. Start saving the money for the nose. Every time I go for color touch up and haircut I pay between $150-200.
WOW that's a lot. I pay $16 for a haircut and $30 for color.

I'm not trying to be mean. I just was a professional model and know a lot about this kind of thing and do some image consulting. Your hair is probably the same as it was in high school. It's long and looks thick but it just hangs there and doesn't do much for you but make you look like a teenager who doesn't know better. A hairstyle that frames your face with some highlights and no one would know you--seriously. I know long hair is easy when you're a new mom because you can just put it up out of the way but with the correct style for your face you'd be model pretty. I know what I'm talking about. Most image consultants will not charge much if anything for a quick consult, go see one. It could save you a fortune on a PS and change your whole self image. Seriously. If you'd like to take this discusion with me private, my email address is *******@****.com and I'll share my phone number there if you'd like to talk a bit.

Where do you go? even hair cuttery charges $60 for color touch up.
A teenager who doesn't know any better?? I've changed my hair a million times... long, short, dark brown, blonde, highlights, lowlights... as much as I wish it would it doesn't change how I feel about my face. Currently I have an ombre by the way... nothing like it was in high school. It doesn't matter anyway I'm not here for hair advice.