Sure Why Not- Giving Latisse a Try -Golden, CO

I have fairly long lashes but I wish they were...

I have fairly long lashes but I wish they were darker. Mascara is the only makeup I really wear and I think it makes a huge difference in my appearance. I'm a really active person so I have a hard time wearing mascara every day because I end up sweating and it gets all over the place, regardless of whether or not it is waterproof. I've had my eyelashes dyed before but it is almost too subtle, so I figured if Latisse will thicken them up a bit and darken them then maybe I can get away with not wearing mascara. I have my doubts, but I wanted to at least give it a try. I bought the Latisse at a plastic surgeon's office in their medi-spa. It comes in a huge box, which in reality is just a bunch of sterile and disposable brushes. The actual product is in a tiny eye-drop container. I made fun of how wasteful this was and the woman at the counter agreed and told me I was better off to buy an eyeliner brush and to wash it everyday. She also said it would make the product last longer. I totally agree, and if you read a lot of the Latisse reviews on here it sounds like a lot of people are doing this and getting much more for their money. I have light blue/grey eyes so I was of course concerned with my eyes changing color, but she told me she had never heard of it happening (I had to smile because I have heard lots of people say they've experienced this, here on RealSelf). She basically said if you are careful not to use too much product it wont get in your actual eyes. First application: I got a small brush and gave it a try. The directions say to use one drop per eye but I found that to be way too much, I can use one drop total and it is plenty to saturate the lash area for both eyes. I've been using it for three days and have not experienced any reactions or changes. No itchiness or redness yet. I will continue to update this review as time goes on, let's see if it works!

Don't put it on early!

Last night I thought I'd get ready for bed early, so I applied the Latisse at that time. Then I stayed awake and worked for a while. I kept rubbing my eyes, then remembering I had the Latisse on would panic a little. Also I tried putting it on my lower lashes, which is not recommended. I felt like it got in my eyes, even though I didn't add any more product to the brush, just basically wiped the already wet brush on my lash line. Then today I looked at the Doctor Q&A about it and they pretty much all agree that you will get it in your eyes if you apply it to your lower lash line. Hoping one time doesn't mess with my eye color. Learn from my mistakes and skip these two rookie ideas I had last night!

No changes so far

I haven't been great about putting it on every night. I did buy an E.L.F. angled eyeliner brush at Target and it is really great for putting the product on. I also tried putting it on my lower lashes again (with the new brush) and it seemed fine so I might keep doing that. The skin around my eyelashes seems a little more sensitive, but nothing alarming. I'll keep you posted!

I can't tell

Alright I use the Latisse most nights, but not every night. I haven't noticed any eye color change or skin darkening. I feel like my eyelashes are longer. They hit my glasses more than usual. As far as thickening I can't really tell. I tried to take a picture but it was grainy. When I wear mascara I feel like my lashes look super long! But with no mascara, I can't tell.

The other night I got a bunch of it in my eye, the drop on the brush just sort of bled into my eye as I was applying it. I totally flipped out and flushed my eye, fortunately I don't think it had any effect.

So not much to report, hoping for some noticeable results soon.

No noticeable difference...

I really can't tell I've been using Latisse at all! I keep reminding myself to be patient and that it can take 10 weeks to see any results. I'm going to keep pushing along but it is hard to stay motivated when you aren't seeing anything happen (other than the money already spent!). I've attached a photo, can you see a difference because I can't. I do think my eyelashes are slightly longer. I am so not patient enough for this!

I'm not sold on Latisse

I admit I do not use it every night, but I don't feel like I see a significant difference. I'm going to try and be better about using it every.single.night.... and see what happens. I wish Allergan would put the product in more of a liquid eyeliner type bottle instead of an eyedropper. It would be so much easier to apply (yes, I'm that lazy).

Mascara makes the difference

I can tell my lashes are longer, but only when I wear mascara. They don't seem thicker, although I've noticed a couple lashes growing in odd directions since starting the Latisse so I'm wondering if those are mutant lumigan lashes.

When I look at all my review pictures I feel like my lashes are both longer and thicker. But in person I can't tell.

I went on vacation and brought the Latisse, proceeded to not use it once, and then it exploded on our flight home so I've run out. At first I decided I'd just not buy anymore and be done with it, but of course now that I don't have it I notice how long my lashes are with mascara on... So I'm thinking about picking up another bottle. The grass is seriously always greener on the other side. So right now I'm just keeping an eye out for holiday specials at all my local aesthetic doctor offices and medi-spas because I don't feel like spending another $99 for just okay results.

Months after not using Latisse I can tell it really did work

Oh the grass is always greener.  So I stopped using Latisse last December- now it is July and I can tell that it did indeed work, although the results were subtle.  So now I've been toying with the idea of using it again and also dying my eyelashes for maximum effect.  I inquired at a couple local places that were having Latisse promotions but I thought their prices were kind of high (aka their promotions were lame).  I'm getting Botox in a couple weeks at the medical office that I got my original Latisse so we shall see if I get more and try again.  As I'm getting older, I've just accepted that I need to invest a little more in my appearance than I use to.- anything to distract from the fine lines and meh skin tone!

The FDA's safety info on Latisse- very interesting

I put this in the forum a while back but thought I'd share it on my review so it gets more exposure- the FDA published their updated safety info on Latisse and there are a few warnings of side effects that we unfortunately see in the reviews here, most notably regarding the eye socket losing fat and appearing sunken in- you can read more here:

I've been tempted to get some more Latisse but honestly I'm not sure it is worth the risk.  I've been looking at some of the over the counter eyelash serums like rapidlash but their active ingredient is biotin and I've never had much luck with biotin.  So here I sit in indecision :)