Test Spot for Pearl on Melasma - Golden, CO

I just had a test spot done on my forehead for...

I just had a test spot done on my forehead for melasma. If all tuns out well I will be doing a combo of IPL and Pearl the same day. There was not very much pain and I did not have any numbing cream or meds and there was no after pain at all. This looks promising so far, guess Ill see in 5 days.

The test spot did not go as planned and turned the...

The test spot did not go as planned and turned the area a different color of brown. Sadly I did not have the laser done. I just did a test spot with just IPL and a week later I am seeing great results.

Rejuvinate

I was very concerned about this not working or making my melasma worse. I was very pleasd to see they were willing to do a test area at no cost so I could make up my mind.

No, I was not able to get it the spot turned darder but eventually faded to match the rest. I am still looking for something that will help. I have had 2 Obagi blue peels with minimal results.
brittan252, I'm curious as to your outcome. Did you have the procedure? Generally IPL is not recommended for the treatment of melasma. I am a laser tech, also suffer from melasma and new to using the pearl fusion and pearl fractional therapy.
Ok the spot peeled on Friday and it looks great! from what I can tell so far all the melasma is gone. I go in for my re-check on Monday and I will set up the entire face. I failed to mention I have olive colored skin. I can't wait.