45 Yr. Old, 1st Procedure; Juvederm Ultra - Very Happy. Boca Raton, FL

My motivation - deep nasolabial folds (smile...

My motivation - deep nasolabial folds (smile lines), especially the left side as it is unfortunately the side I sleep on. This was my first procedure and I had been hesitant to get it done. However, makeup started settling in these crease lines and it bugged me. In hindsight, I wish I would have done this much sooner.
It has been 5 months and I am pleased to say the results have stayed the same! I have heard Juvederm can last a year, so I am optimistic. I purchased 2 syringes, one for each side. There was a little left over after injecting the right side, so my doctor (a dermatologist) injected some into the "cupids bow" of my upper lip. I am also happy with those results. It wasn't painful (I had numbing cream applied 30 min. prior). I did have a little swelling, but ice packs helped a lot. I also had 2 small bruises, but they disappeared after 3 days. I recommend getting this procedure on a Friday morning (if you can take the day off from work) so you have the weekend to recover.
I was so happy with the results, I went back a month later and had Botox injected for $300 into my frown lines ("elevens" - AKA glabellar lines) between my eyes. I am glad my doctor didn't over inject the site, as I was worried about getting a droopy eye. (A good friend had this happen at one of those medi-spas that have coupon discounts, so I was cautious). Again, I am very pleased with the results. It has been 4 months and I have noticed that the Botox is wearing off and my frown lines are coming back. I will probably go back in 2 months to have it redone. If so, I will update my experience with the Juvederm Ultra.
I would definitely recommend this procedure, but make sure you do your research and find a doctor with the proper experience to do it.
Dr. Danielle Manolakos

Dr. Manolakos is a skilled and knowledgeable doctor. She is very easy to talk to and makes you feel comfortable. She does not try to "upsell" or recommend additional procedures you don't need. Her staff is also very professional and courteous.

I think you look great!  Very subtle changes, which is always nice.

Keep us posted on how long the juvederm lasts and when you go back for more botox :)