Stay Away! - Glenview, IL

I was considering a revision upper blepharoplasty...

I was considering a revision upper blepharoplasty but was more concerned about the temple lift scars (all done by a previous surgeon.) Dr. Cohen made it sound like it was no big deal to "revise" the brow lift scars and have hair growing through them. I was really emotional about these scars because I couldnt wear my hair back. But I should have gone to a hair grafting specialist who would have given me an honest assessment and recommended hair grafting (which I still need anyway). I wish I knew this before. I went and had the "scar revision" by Dr.Cohen although I wouldn't exactly call it that. He did something we did not agree to. I walked out with an unpleasant surprise, a brand new scar that never existed right next to the one he was supposed to excise! Now I have 2 scars on one side of my head. He said he had to "rotate" the incision so my brow wouldnt elevate. The exact opposite happened. I did not go in for a brow lift.He elevated my left brow about 3-4 mm (according to another doctor). The original scars bothered me but nothing to the degree of which Dr. Cohen has put me through. Had I known what he was going to do I would have RUN. He totally lied to me about what he was going to do. It is unethical to tell a patient one thing and then do another (I was awake the entire time). The results speak for themselves. I will post pictures soon. I hate to leave negative reviews and hurt someones reputation, but I do not want anyone else to go through what I did. I trusted the wrong doctor. He made the scars worse than they were b/c he had me leave the scabs on and not clean them. My original surgeon left me with a running stitch and no hair loss, they just widened leaving me with bald scars in the temple area. Dr. Cohens stitch job was awful, comparatively speaking leaving me with railroad track suturing (which he said he would not do). This has taught me a lot about trust and going with your intuition. The best decision I made was to not get revision eyelid surgery by this doctor. I can only imagine what the other poster is going through. Scar revisions on the head should be done by a board certified plastic surgeon who does hair restoration, or someone who comes highly recommended. I learned a hard lesson, and it has been emotionally devastating. There are enough negative reviews of this doctor on other sites that I should have read prior to my surgery. Had I read them I would have never gone through this. One poster called him a "hack", and I can think of no other better description.
Skokie Oculoplastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your honest review and story with us.  I am sorry for all the stress you have gone through.