IPL Totally Worth It! Done at Skin Deep Medical Spa - Glenview, IL

I wanted to get treatment for hyperpigmentation...

I wanted to get treatment for hyperpigmentation and IPL was recommended by my dermatologist. I had one treatment at her office, but wanted to continue somewhere with more convenient office hours. Skin Deep was the first place I tried and I have never looked back!

The treatment definitely worked although you do have to continue with it. Melasma is not a condition that can be cured. It's unpleasant but totally worth it, in my opinion. It also stimulates collagen, so not only are my dark spots gone, my skin looks great as well. I alternate IPL treatments with acid facials, and my skin has never looked better. I get compliments all the time. I'll do one a month, alternating between IPL and facial. I look ten years younger than my real age.

When I first started, the treatment did not bother me at all. Over time, we have increased the strength of the pulse and now when I go in, it's definitely unpleasant. The IPL stings. After the first treatment when we raised the strength, I was a little swollen but that hasn't happened since. And the dark spots get really dark before they slough off. So I like to do my treatments on a Friday or Saturday and not make any plans. The first day after the treatment I tend to look really spotty, although makeup hides it pretty well. I buy a package of I think 6 IPL treatments and a package of facials at the beginning of every year. The IPL last year was around $1600 and the facials were about $500.

The two sisters who are the front staff are wonderful. They remember who I am when I call and walk in. Teodora is my aesthetician and she is a master at what she does. She checks in with me as she is doing the procedure and will take a break if it gets too much. They have always been on time and offer great skin care advice. I have referred several of my friends there and they love it too.

I am very happy to hear this is working so well for you.  I would love to rid myself of the brown spots on my cheeks.  They seem to get worse as I age.

Thank you for posting your review.

Teodora

I discovered Skin Deep in The Glen when the office opened. I live in the area and was very pleased to find a place where I could get facials close to my home.