Botox and Melanoma Removal - Glenview, IL

I've always had heavy and pronounced forehead...

I've always had heavy and pronounced forehead lines and as I go older, I developed a dark melanoma on my temple. I met one of Dr. Cohen's staff members at an outing and the conversation lead to skin care and procedures. I was given the easy to remember website (theartofeyes.com) and later visited it.

The website is modern, simple to navigate adn provided ample information to motivate me to schedule a consultations with Dr. Cohen. I am glad I did!

I drove from the city to the office in Glenview, IL and found the building among the other same style buildings. When I entered the reception area, I was greeted as if I was family. I completed the standard medical questions and insurance forms provided and sat back and watched the flat screen tv in the patient's waiting area. Moments later, I was pulled away from the television and brought to the procedure room; after all, I was there from the office visit, not to watch the tele.

The procedure room was very clean and the temperature was just right. Dr. Cohen came in and began the consultation. It seemed that my comfort was Dr. Cohen's priority. The Botox and the melanoma were addressed and we narrowed down what type of results I desired and what were realistic. Each procedure was explained to me along with expectations and instructions for me during the healing stages. The Dr. also pointed out that he noticed one eyebrow was naturally higher than the other and asked if I would want the brows to be even. Sounds like a dumb question and the answer would be obvious; but he'd probably be ignoring the service if he didn't. I feel sorry for other people who visit Doctors who don't practice the way Dr. Cohen does. Attention to detail and looking out for me (the patient) is the way I view it.

I was given options...two options of how many Botox units could be used and the cost / results from both. I made decision and the Botox was injected while the anesthetics set in at the melanoma site; then the removal of the dark spot that has been bothering me for a few years. Once again, Dr. Cohen explained my instructions for the after care.

I checked out at the front desk and the total payment did not break the bank! If I knew Botox was this reasonable and painless I would have done it years ago!

So, now after almost two weeks, the Botox has exceeded my expectations and my forehead looks natural; not shinny, stretched and obvious. The melanoma removal site is a little pink just like any other healing of the skin and I expect it to get more pigment but the Dr. did say that it would be a tad discolored than the rest of my face. Heck, but that dark spot is no longer there!

I am so happy with the procedures and happy to know that a magician like Dr. Adam J. Cohen exists so close to home! And I expressed this to him when he contacted to follow-up with me two days after my visit.
Skokie Oculoplastic Surgeon

Attention to detail, concerned for the comfort of the patient, friendly, thorough, fast, easy and reasonable service.

I think yours is the first review I have read where botox was referred to as "reasonable" when discussing price. With that in mind, do you mind me asking if the $500 was just for the Botox, or was that for the Botox and the removal of the melanoma?

Megan, the $500 is what came out of my pocket. I don't know the total charge for the melanoma removal; I haven't received the insurance settlement yet.

Ok, thanks for filling me in. Hopefully insurance will pick up the full expense of the melanoma for you - fingers crossed!