Botched Smart Lipo Job - No Accountability - Glenview, IL

Dr. Edward Lack (at Metropolitan M.D.) botched a...

Dr. Edward Lack (at Metropolitan M.D.) botched a "smart lipo" procedure done to my abdomen area and instead of comforting me or offering to correct it - he turned cold, indifferent and short.

Before the procedure, I was seen quickly and he and staff were courteous. After the procedure - during the months of follow-up visits - it became apparent that he miscalculated the area and things changed. I found I would wait 90 or more minutes just to see him. And when he finally came in, he was distracted and rushed to see the next patient. I told him I had seen another doctor who does "smart lipo" to get a second opinion about the results...and that doctor had said it was obvious Dr. Lack was sloppy - taking areas of fat from some spots and none from others, leaving a lumpy, cottage cheese effect. When I asked Dr. Lack about this, he became irate and said I should have the other doctor "fix it if he was such an expert."

Not the response I was expecting (or hoping for). I expected a little accountability or, at the very least, compassion. I did after all spend $5000 on this. After he yelled at me, he told me I wasn't welcome there anymore.

I would not recommend this "doctor" as it seems money is his main objective.

Thanks so much for sharing your opinion about your doctor.

I would love to add your experience to the Smart Lipo community, but it would be helpful if you could provide some more detail about your experience with your procedure/treatment. I suggest adding pros and cons and/or before and after photos - optional of course, so that other community members can use your review as a guide through their journey.

Looking forward to your response so I can add your review to the Smart Lipo community.

photo added

I was an unfortunate patient in the past, as well and also experienced the good guy turn cold, mean and irate. I still can't believe I sat there being yelled at (yes he furiously yelled) when politely questioning why the outcomes from his work were not as he projected and what solutions to pursue.
Done.
Chicago Dermatologist

Dr. Lack puts on a "good guy" act until he has your money - then, things change if things go wrong.