Tummy Tuck - Glendora, CA

I was scheduled for a tummy tuck and lipo of the...

I was scheduled for a tummy tuck and lipo of the flanks this past July. I had to reschedule because they thought I had a bladder infection. Since I set my new date, my husband has been trying to talk me out of it. I am 30 years old, two kis, and my husband is fixed. I am 5'4" and weigh 155. I am a size 10/12 and hope to be a comfortable 8 after surgery. I've lost 20 lbs and kept it off over the year. My goal is to loose 15-20 more and stay active. I'm so nervous. I want to have fun on Christmas and recover quickly. Please give advice about anything I should buy to prep for recovery.

I have some advice for preping for surgery. Since...

I have some advice for preping for surgery. Since I was scheduled in July, I know some errors to avoid. My doctor gave me my list of things to avoid at my post op 4 days before surgery. That was not good. Apparently you need to stop taking ibuprofen for as long as you can before surgery but at least two weeks. You also can' t have red wine or smoke 14 days before. He also advised no alcohol for 14 days.

When I went in for blood work, I requested the lab forms be mailed so I could get blood taken 3 days prior to my doctor appt so We could go over the results together. I had white blood cells in my urine. They said it was from a contaminated sample or I was developing an infection. It made me paranoid so I rescheduled: ( They told me to get a clean urine sample, you have to wipe front to back with the towelette, pee a little in the toilet, wipe again, and then collect the urine. I never knew!

Five days till surgery. I have my pre op tomorrow...

Five days till surgery. I have my pre op tomorrow. I'm so excited!

One month post op. I'm doing great! I posted...

One month post op.

I'm doing great! I posted some new pics that were taken about a week ago. I'm still swollen, but my waist looks so slime :)
Woodglen Aesthetics

Online

congrats to you girl you look great
Thanks!
Results look good, every review i see i get so excited and nervous about my surgery:)
I just posted some new pics :) I am excited for you! At first I was in a lot of pain and regretted my decision. The pain only lasted about 1-2 weeks. If you get the right pain killer, it wont be bad. For me they never work! Its only been one month and I've already dropped a dress size, can wear stuff that I couldn't before due to my belly, and I'm getting lots of comments that I look slim. It is totally worth it now that I am seeing great results. Good luck and don't turn back.
I added some post op pics. Today is day 10 post op. I am walking straighter but my back hurts when I'm up for too long. Once the swelling goes down, I know my tummy will be much flatter: )
You look great!!!!!
Thank you Dimples518: ) I am still really swollen. The crazy thing is my belly looks the same when I stand and sit. No more bulg when sitting: ) You need to post a pic.
I feel really gross and swollen right now it's like my stomach is a cinderblock Im not sure how to explain it
I know the feeling: (
I'm starting to wish I hadn't gone through with surgery. I've been in horrific pain, my husband has to help me get in and out of bed. I am miserable: (
R u taking ur medicine?
Vicodin. It wasn't working so We called doctor. He told me to take 2 at a time and it helps better now. Now I have bubbles passing through my belly which see are really disturbing.
I'm taking Percocet I only hurt myself when I get out of bed wrong but now it hurts real bad!
How r u doing hun?
A ton better! I had my post op appt today. Everything looks good. My hubby helped me shower this morning. It helped having a bath seat We borrowed. I can now get up alone. How are you?
That's great! So how sexy do u look?! My dr did an amazing job! I feel good right now pain is mostly a burn and I need to have a bm lol
It's hard to tell with the swelling :( It's still twenty times better than b4 though. My sides look more curved in! My BM this morning was like hell! I felt like I was giving birth due to major constipation. I feel better now though. so How old r u? I'm 30 and am walking like an old lady now.
I look amazing! Lol I'm 31 and walking like a hunchback.
Hi Stephie, Dimples, Dia, and socal. I am a 42 yr old mom of two walking like a 90 year old! Lot's of pain and am still trying to have that first BM since early Tues morning. What did your doctor tell you to use to unclog the drain? Milk of Magnesium is not helping :-( BTW, had a full TT with drains on 18th. How long were your surgeries? I had a BA too and was surprised they started at 7AM and surgery ended at 3pm. At 500PM I was still thinking I was about to go into surgery. This was the first surgery of my life (never even had stitches) so this is a very crazy experience. I'm finding it very hard to get up, hard to go poopie, hurts to cough and laugh, and feeling like an old ladie )-: How are you all sleeping at night? I slept well Tuesday only. Weds not so good, and Thurs not much even with 2x Bendryls.Inights. For pain, my doctor prescribed Percocet 5-325 and has me taking two at the same time. It's supposed to be stronger than Vicoden. Yesterday I was in the most pain, especially in my mid section of my stomach even after pain meds.Today is much better. Can't wait to be able to take a real bath/shower....unfortunately not until my 2nd follow up appointment on the 26th.
Hi hw sorry to hear ur not feeling well, this isn't easy and u had two surgeries! I had my tummy tuck and tubes out with muscle repair it was 3 hours. I have had two csections before so I knew a little of what to expect. I am also taking Percocet but only about 4 a day now. I haven't pooped so I am drinking coffee right now. I am also taking zofran for nausea because I haven't been able to eat. I wasn't told I had to milk the drains. It is hard to sleep at night so I'm trying to sleep when I can.
My surgery was 2 1/1 hours extended tummy tuck with muscle repair. My pain was under control yesterday and decent today. My husband is so irritated and I can't take it. I don't feel well and I feel like he doesn't try to understand. He went golf right now and left me with our 4 year old. My first shower went well. I had a shower seat and have a hose to spray Where I want. My husband washed my hair which helped. My sons birthday is tomorrow so I'm hoping to go to red Robin. I am taking colace for constipation. The first one was like hell. I Do feel better today though. I just need some kind people around to cheer me up...
Men can't handle what we do! Just constantly tell him how good he's doing show him ur new sexy belly and he will be happy!
Hi Stephie, what is your husband irritated about? My boyfriend scheduled to work from home since Tuesday, expecting to help me as needed and extremely supportive. Has not left the house yet since Tues and made no plans. He's been helping me up and down whenever needed, with me to bathroom until I was comfortable on my own, putting the anti-nausea suppositories up my rear, making sure medicines are being taken, cooking/feeding me (first day spoon fed me), repositioning me in bed frequently if asked, etc etc. This entire week and next if need be depending on how I feel is all about ME. He knows how important this was to me, and is also why he offered to pay for me, so I could fulfill this dream. When he first suggested, I didn't even think he was serious...5 weeks later, here I am!!! I don't feel like talking right now, but if you want someone to talk to at some point for support, that would be nice. I am in Sunnyvale, CA. Ha Ha, we could even set up a 3 or 4 way chat through freeconference calls dot com :-) My boyfriend was extemely busy with work yesterday (I did feel a little neglected, so I think I know how you feel), and he did get a little irritated if I interupted him too much...but for anything urgent he was there. In fact, I'm feeling a little nauseus now, and time for his duty when I'm done typing this! I will be sending him out later to get me prune juice as hoping that will give me my first BM and lots of movies (Magic Mike, This is War). I took laxitives 2x yesterday and MOM 2x...no luck on BM. I'm worried because the nurse said I needed to have one by Thurs. I don't feel like bugging my doctor but I probably should. Going to have BF do some quick research on the internet about this (make sure no conflict between my meds and laxatives, etc.) else call my doc. I did have tightening of the abdomen too, but very little lipo. He just used lipo to loosen the skin. BTW, if it would help, my boyfriend says he will put together a "support group" for "Men of Women Going Through Tummy Tuck and/or Breast Aug recovery" to discuss what they are going through. Ha Ha Ha. LOL. So, he can gingerly nudge your husband to become more supportive and understanding.....come to think of it, RealSelf Community Manager, not a bad idea by my boyfriend!!!!. All us women need our partner's support, and men could share what they are going through and help us through this more comfortably. After all, better healing means better results which they will benefit from since we'll be feeling better about ourselves....lol..and of course looking sexier to ;-) BTW, I always wanted the lights out before taking off my clothes and my BF was very understanding why. And, he wants me to be more comforable about my body and myself, be able to wear a two piece, etc. etc. Girls, in what way have your husbands/BFs been supportive and in what ways unsupportive? Stephie, how did you get to shower already? I have to wait 8 days!!!! I hate this because I am a total clean freak. I did wash my hair and think that may be why I couldn't sleep despite the 2 percs AND 2 benadryl. Silly, but I might have been stressed over my hair and itchiness Lol. I was really very lucky too. My boyfriend hasn't had cable TV in two years, and he FINALLY bought his first big screen, flat panel 55" for his bedroom AND directTV, the week BEFORE my surgery so I would have something to help distract me from the pain and something to do. Girls, I am not trying to brag about the great man I have, but to demonstrate how your men should be understanding of this. They should be SO SO proud of us for being willing to go through such a process...this is not the pain from falling on a basketball quart and recovering from a torn ligament, popped calf, or skinned knee with some sweat in it. Ha Ha. Dimples, I am sorry to hear you have not been able to eat. For Nausea, I have that med which goes up by rear end. I've had little problems eating (though scary since no BM) since 1st day post opp. Boyfriend did force me per doctor's orders to eat 1/2 can of soup 5 hours after surgery. For food, I've been having a lot of smoothies: BF's special banana, strawberries, black/rasberries, with protein powder (all from Costco). He adds crystal light to sweeten up even more. Then my fave...cheerios..scrambled eggs, italian wedding soup, udon noodle soup with meatballs and chicken. BTW girls, who is emptying your drains? That is the MAN's job. We are the patients, and they need to recognize right now they have to be the nurses IMO....ha ha. Have a great day TT friends of RealSelf...one day closer to feeling more than normal again :-) PS. If I am babbling too long, and you want shorter comments, please feel free to say so. Oh, and I hope you don't mind, but my boyfriend's job is also to type these messages for me!!! He is does have that androgynous side to him PSS. Dimples, my BF agrees that man can't handle what we do lol!
I had a drainless tummy tuck with disolvable stitches. Doc said I could shower day after but I waited since I could barely move. I just woke up from a nap to hear my hubby all irritated at my 4 year old again. I think he is trying to Do too much and he is seeing How hard is is to b a mommy. He put a Ham in the oven, which was nice then went to explain We won't eat it since it takes too long and he started going on and on. I just want peace and help and understanding. I'm hurting again but can't ask for help cuz he is busy outside with my daughter. I just wished I felt better: (