Finally Did It! - Glendale, CA

When I was in junior high I was in a car accident...

When I was in junior high I was in a car accident and hit my nose against the steering wheel. Slowly my nose became hunched and drooppy and I became really self conscious about it. Finally at age 24 I went through with it.

I was extremly and even had a diagram that I drew of what I wanted my nose to look like. I sent it to several surgeons and the doctor that I finally chose straight out and told me it wasnt logical and didnt fit my face.This was the main reason I choose him.

After my cast came off,I loved the result but I still broke down and cried. I felt like I didnt look like myself and that maybe my original nose wasnt that bad(it was me). When I returned home after a week nobody even noticed I had surgery. The ones who knew about it said it looked really natural. Im happy that I did the surgery but it made me realize how much I actually appreciate my flaws. It really is a life changing experience. I will add some photos when I get the courage to do so.

Well its been a little over 3 months since Ive had...

Well its been a little over 3 months since Ive had my surgery and my nose looks great. The best part is that no one notices, so for awhile I was contemplating whether or not it was worth it. I must say it's great not to have to worry about what others think of my nose and what angles I should take a picture at. I will post more pics. Let me know what you think.

If you can, I would love the name of you dr as well!
hey, I was hoping to see a frontal AFTER picture...Are you still swollen?
ur nose looks soooo natural like it
Wow your nose looks amazing..so happy for you and your Doc did an amazing job. I think you made the right choice.
I am in the process of planning my surgery and was wondering if you wouldnt mind PMing me the name of your doc.
your new nose looks fab, I bet your confidence has soared, all the best to you.
Your new nose looks amazing...did you say you regret doing it in the beginning? Who was your doctor because I am looking up a doctor in Glendale as well....Would you please let me know !! Thank you.
why thank you:) I did regret it at the beginning because when the cast came off I was in shock. I thought I looked completely different. It didnt help that the swelling at first gave me a pig like appearance. I messaged you the name of my doc. Best of luck to you.

I'm sorry you were in such a horrific accident as a teenager. I'm so glad you were able to get this done for yourself though. Learning the lesson, at 24, that flaws are part of who we are, will carry you far in life. That said, it's so okay to fix something that was violently altered (car accident).

Thank you for being brave enough to post your story. I'd love to see your before and after photos when you're ready.