Hi all! I've been on this site for months reading...

Hi all! I've been on this site for months reading your stories and researching doctors and I am finally ready to start my own journey. I only consulted with Dr. G. Everyone says how important it is to consult with multiple doctors, but I feel like I have done a lot of research and after reading all the amazing reviews and meeting him in person, I don't think I can go with anyone else. My surgery is scheduled for Dec. 18 which is a ways away, the only time I could do with school and all.
Anyway I've been thinking about getting a nose job since I was 12 and this bump came out of nowhere. I got my grandpa's italian nose haha. I've always been confident and I think I'm an attractive girl, but I've always thought about my nose too much, when I'm doing my make up and taking pictures I'm always trying to hide it. I'm sure you all know the deal. It's still really far away but some days I get so excited when I think about it and others I'm like 'wait am I seriously having unnecessary surgery and changing my face forever?' Idk I know if I don't do it I'll always wish I had, and I'd rather do it now while Im young.
Okay now I'm just blabbering on. I will keep you updated when I have my preop and whatnot. Thanks guys!
hope everything is going well wiz u,, u already look pretty :)

December will be here before you know it! Thank you for sharing on RealSelf.

I felt the same way as you- after all the research and when I met dr grigoryants I couldn't picture going to someone else. Many years ago I got an otoplasty, and I did consult many doctors, until I met the one I trusted. I have never regretted my decision. I feel the same trust with Dr. Grigoryants, he just happened to be the first and last I consulted with. I liked how he wasn't pushy, and how he was really confident without being arrogant. That said, i have found it challeging to envision a result for myself and to ascertain whether or not our sense of a good outcome is the same. I now have a ton of pics to show him at preop next week. I trust I will learn to be happy with the outcome. Time will tell. Good luck on your journey.

Feeling Unsure

I just wanted to write about how I've been feeling lately. I've wanted a nose job for a long time and was feeling confident when I scheduled it, but I'm just having trouble with the money aspect. If it was free I would get it for sure, but the truth is it's not free. I could literally see the world with the money I'm spending on this nose job. I've been looking up volunteer abroad trips in Africa and I'm seriously considering doing that instead of getting a nose job, and I would still have money left over to do a fun trip to Europe or something. I guess I'm trying to decide what is more important to me, getting a nose job or traveling. I feel like now is the time in my life to do both of those things. I'm leaning towards spending the money to travel but when I come back will I still want a nose job? And this isn't to say I'll never make more money, I'm sure in the future I'll have money to travel, but I want to do it now while I am young and have no responsibilities. And I think of people in the world who don't even know when their next meal will be and I feel so vain wanting to change my face. Not saying anyone who gets plastic surgery is vain, I truly believe you should do it if it makes you feel better. I'm just having trouble justifying the cost. Anyone else have these thoughts? I know ultimately it's my decision, but I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions. Thanks!
Personally, you are beautiful and don't need it. I would go and travel the world, it is an experience that you will never forget. Do it before you settle down and have kids, get married etc and get a career. Your nose can wait till then
dont do it.. u look beautiful and dont need it,, the major reason for having it is to have confidence, but u already confident, so dont,,,, many people dont like their look after the surgery, the tip is raised or the nose is shorter or wider or whtvr,, sometimes u loose fat from cheeks.. c ejc review, although she became prettier, she is depressed, believe me it doesnt worse it, i read many reviews and connected wiz patients and a lot regret doing it especially wn they already like their look b4,, wish u the best
However.....you ultimately need to look deep within yourself and do what is best for YOU! ; )

Getting Down to the Wire

Hey Friends! So it's been a while since I last wrote because..well..life haha and also because I wanted to have made a decision before I wrote again. I've talked it over with my mom regarding the whole travel thing. She knows how I have aways wanted my nose done and she said since I am paying for it, when I graduate her and my dad, and my grandparents, would chip in so that I could do a great trip before I get settled down with a big girl job and whatnot. That makes me feel a lot better knowing that when I graduate I'm for sure going to travel. I have also already started saving up. So getting over the whole cost thing, then came the whole "is it really that bad?" phase. Truthfully, no it's not that bad...but i don't want "not that bad" I want great! haha. It is something that always has bothered me and probably will continue to bother me if I dont change it. Ultimately my mom said get it together haha. Either don't do it, save the money and be happy with the nose you have, or decide to do it, have a perfect nose and get excited about it! As of now I am going with the latter. It is something I have always wanted and I feel 100% comfortable with the surgeon I have. Not once have I questioned if I made the right choice when it comes to him. I also have support of family and friends which makes me feel great. My preop is next week Nov. 20th. I'm looking forward to talking to him and I think I will feel good once I say everything I need to say to him to make sure we're on the same page. I'm going to make a list of things so I don't forget. And I am paying him a lot of money so he will go through it with me ;) The nurse also said he would do some digital imaging which makes me feel better cause I have a terrible imagination and need to see things haha. As of now I am excited about it and I'll write back after preop!

some more before pics

Having issues uploading

Pre Op

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who gave their opinions on what I should do, it was helpful to read what everyone had to say. So anyway I had my preop yesterday and paid in full. It's official, I'm doing it. It went well, he spent a lot of time with me, and listened to everything I had to say. I think in his mind, he had already decided what he was doing with my nose, but he let me say everything I needed to. I wanted to be very specific, but at the same time I trust him completely. I feel 100% confident with him as my surgeon and I trust his opinions on what will look best. Anyway I filled my prescriptions, getting blood work done tomorrow, and then I need to get the list of essentials. It's all so real, and I feel good about my decision. Just need to be prepared for the physical and emotional recovery process haha. Also, I'm going to try to add before photos again, I'm having issues with that.
Congrats on making your decision. Hope it exceeds your expectations ! Mine won't be till late Jan as I have another surgery in 3 weeks. I think nose will make a huge difference... That's what I'm hoping for myself! Good luck and keep posting!
Thanks so much, good luck with both surgeries! We'll keep each other updated :)

So Close!

Hey everyone! Less than two weeks away! yayy. I just have to get through finals first :/. I'm starting to get all my post op goodies. Arnica pills and gel, lip balm, biotene mouthwash, neck pillow, laxative/stool softener, soft foods, plenty of beverages, qtips, facewipes, etc. let me know if you guys have other suggestions. I don't even feel nervous yet. I'm sure I will the day before but for now I'm just excited :)
You Look great without surgery beauty eyes, smile, the nose is si nice, Look natural, you dont' need any surgery in my opinion
aw thank you thats very sweet, but I am paid in full no turning back now haha. Hopefully it will bring out my eyes and smile even more? haha we shall see

hump!

Haha im in the same boat as you with finals being right before surgery! I'm actually glad I have all these finals to keep my mind off the surgery. I had someone suggest applesauce to me, so I have that and pudding in the fridge. Im also grabbing gatorade because I don't see myself being in love with water all week long. I'm not sure what the weather is like where you are... im getting a humidifier to help combat the dryness!
Yes finals are a great distraction! Yeah I'm a nanny and the kids always eat what they call "squeezers" and they are like applesauce and a bunch of other fruits and veggies in little pouches. I tried one the other day and it was pretty good I may get some haha. and an alternative to water is a good idea as well. Well I'm glad we'll be going through it around the same time :)
Congrats on your decision! I had my nose done in February (so almost a year ago) and then had a tummy tuck done in Sept. Honestly, getting my nose done was one of the best decisions I had ever made for myself and I'm so happy that I did it! It gave me so much confidence. Good luck with everything and it's really not too horrible, I was up and about a few days afterwards.

Finals are over!

Yayy I am done with finals....the one thing distracting me haha. So close! :)
Good luck babe! I also had my surgery with Dr. G in April - you will be in great hands! :)
Thanks, yours looks great, so reassuring :)
You are very pretty already. Good luck with surgery. I look forward to reading your updates.

Question for previous Dr. G patients!

Hey guys! So I live about 45 min away from glendale but I will be done with surgery at 5pm, worst traffic, it could take hours to get home going through la! Anyway my mom and I may want to stay at a hotel for the night. Anyone have suggestions of a cheap but nice hotel close to the hospital?

Ughh

guys waiting for the surgery is the worst. I've been fine until now but just have to get through today and tomorrow and then its here. I wish it was tomorrow haha. Also I went shopping and picked out a super hot dress for new years eve, which also happens to be my birthday, which will also be my first big outting with my new nose. Unfortunately I cant drink on my birthday :/ haha oh well. New year, new age, new nose!
Hope you're doing well.

I'm Alive!

haha Hi friends! Sorry I haven't updated. Truth is...it hasn't been easy! I had done so much research and it seems like everyone feels no pain, just pressure and a stuffed nose and whatnot but I have been in a lot of pain. I can feel the bridge of my nose was worked on and my nostrils sting where my stitches are. Getting out of anasthesia was rough, I threw up blood a couple of times. Then I've just pretty much been knocked out on vicoden. I've literally slept for 3 days straight. Today is the first day I'm doing tylenol because I'm sick of being so out of it. Also I got very bruised around my eyes and they hurt to open so even looking at the computer screen is tough haha. Turns out I had a deviated septum and a bone spur so the dr. said I would be in pain and very bruised and swollen because he ended up doing a lot more work than he thought. As for bleeding this is day 3 and it's pretty much done I'm still wearing my drip pad because clear gunk is coming out haha gross but true. Also I'm so itchy! I just want to scratch my eyeballs soo bad! I don't think I ever read about the itchiness is that just me? My bruising has gone down a lot since day one. I do have blood where it looks like a vessel burst in both eyes. I hope those go away soon. Anywho I'm pretty much just exhausted and just barely starting to feel alive again. Cast comes off monday, just hoping I feel a lot better by then. Thanks for the support everyone. Will post some pics :)
i too had a small blood vessel burst in my eye during my first days of recovery, i wonder what that's from? as for itchiness, i don't really remember if it was all over my face but i do remember my nose was extremely itchy and i sneezed a lot. i wish you a speedy recovery!

Some Scary Pics haha

the eye

You poor thing! I am so sorry to hear you are having a rough time. At least now you know your nose is fixed. Be prepared it will not start to feel normal for a while. I hope you are pain free soon. Since your in a bit more pain than normal be sure to take maybe 1/2 a vicoden or some type of pain relievef an hour or so prior to the cast removal. It is uncomfortable and the taping can hurt a little bit. I hate to have you suffer any more than you already have. But i really think you are going to love your new nose!
thanks for the advice. you're right it is done and over with and I am feeling soo much better now. Ah I'm scared for cast removal haha will post pics!
I'm sorry to hear you're not doing so well. Hang in there, the worst part is almost over. I'm so excited to see your results.

bleh

So today I just feel like I have a terrible head cold. I keep sneezing and my eyes are watering and I just have the constant urge to sneeze, maybe that means things are looseining up in there? idk but I'm going to try and take a bath today. I'm disgusting right now, hopefully cleaning up will make me feel better.
I hope u will feel much better once the cast is off. Good luck today. Make sure to take some pain medication before u go in. Although I didn't have any pain when he removed my cast.

Anxious

Hi all! Today is cast removal, but not until 5pm so I'm just anxiously awaiting. But not getting my hopes too high as I know it won't look great right away. I am still leaking and wearing my drip guard, its not blood anymore just clear but is that weird for day 5? I guess I'll ask my doctor today. Also make-up. I love make-up and wearing foundation and concealer, but I am scared to put foundation on my nose. How soon do you start wearing it again? Another question for my dr but may as well ask my realselfers. I want to wear make up today but idk if I should for cast removal. Anywho just random thoughts I'm having as I'm waiting haha. Will update soon!
Hey, i had just the same experience as you post op with the pain and puking and what not! On cast removal your skin might be abit eww but make ups fine just be gentle! My nose was leaky until about a week post op also :) Dont get scared by the swelling cuz itll go down a hell of a lot i looked awful after cast removal but in these couple of days its gone down so much its unbelievable Good luck today
Thanks that's good to hear. I want this swelling to go down asap but I know its a waiting game. Glad you're feeling better about your nose. It's just so hard to judge so early
No its not weird I had my drip guard after the cast removal because I was still bleeding.

Cast is off!

I love it. I know its so soon and I look like an avatar but I prepared myself for this. I know when the swelling goes down it will look great! The most important thing is I still look like me, just swollen. That's what I was most scared of, looking like a different person but I think it fits me perfectly and will even more when the swelling goes down. Oh also cast removal was painless yay. Dr. G is just the greatest he's so cool and down to earth and let's face it he's got skill. Hopefully I will stay in high spirits during the healing process I know it changes daily. I'm going to try not to focus on it so much. Now I just need to take care of it with salene/olive oil/whatever so I don't hemorage. They scared me about that I feel like I have to be so careful haha. Anywho here are some pics it was dark and I had tape on and took these in the car so they're creepy. Also had a nice sushi dinner and I could taste it so that was nice haha. I'll keep you updated, fingers crossed it only gets better. My birthday is a week away and I hope the swelling goes down enough to go see my friends haha
wow looks great. Do you have a pic without the tape?
Wow! You look amazing :)
Thanks!! yours looks great too, subtle but you can tell the difference

Merry Xmas Eve!

Just some pics without tape in the daylight. Put on makeup finally. Tried covering bruises but you know how that goes. Also my eyes still look freaky cause my bridge is so swollen but other than that I'm a happy camper! Hope everyone has a lovely Christmas!

P.S.

my dad is telling my mom and I he can't see the difference. He was like we should get a refund it looks the same haha. He's joking but he really can't see much of a difference. Such a guy. Whatever it makes me happy that people may not even notice.
You look really good. Dr. G is amazing.
he's the best!!
I told very few people and I have had an interesting reaction. Some people have said, wow you look so good today and can't put a finger on what I have done - maybe my hair - maybe I have lost weight they don't know why but they just know that something looks better. At first I looked in the mirror and wished it was more obvious- but now I love the "natural" result. You look amazing! Congrats!!

and the waiting begins

Loving my new nose but I'm stressing because my bday/nye is only 4 days away! My nose looks fabulous but my eyes still look far apart (b/c of the swollen bridge) and my upper lip still doesnt move. I just would like to have my smile back by my bday, I know that's big wishing seeing as how its only four days away. Oh well it's just the waiting game, I'm sure others won't notice as much as I do. Other than that all is good and according to my doc I can blow my nose starting tomorrow yay! hahah also does anyone know how long I'm supposed to salene for? (i'm using olive oil my doc said its better) I forget what my doctor said, I guess I can just call him tomorrow haha. Hope everyone is well and had happy holidays!
some makeup would do the trick don't worry! you are still BEAUTIFUL
thanks love, working with the make up haha

Day 10

All of my family is coming over today and they will all see me for the first time ah! haha I think I look the same so it's fine. Tried using makeup to contour my nose, I still look funny but better :)

a before pic for comparison

Happy birthday! !

Happy New Year! (2 weeks)

Hey friends, had a great bday and nye! Hope you all had a great new years! It was my 22nd birthday and just so happens my friend has the same bday but she's a year behind so it was her 21st. We just went to dinner and then bars cause she's 21. I was worried about people wanting me to drink cause my bday so I just carried around a club soda with lime all night and if anyone asked
I already had a drink ;) Also had a new years kiss which is nice but it hurt my nose hahah! Just thought I'd post some pics from my first night out with my new nose. No one even noticed ;)

P.S.

These candid profile shots are okay now! haha
you look so good!!! our before noses are really similar so i am thrilled to see that you got such great results.
Thanks! I don't know where you live but I definitely recommend Dr. G hes the best :)
Wow! must have been the best bd and nye for you. Enjoy your new nose!

Happy!

Loving my nose! Just thought I'd share some before and afters for fun :)
You look great! And only 2 weeks post op. did you have turbinates reduced or anything else ? I hope I look as good as you after 2 weeks. :)
thank you! I don't know about turbinates, but I had a bone spur and a deviated septum so he fixed that. Good luck, have you scheduled your surgery yet or still looking?
Thanks! I'm going for a consultation in February. I really wish it was sooner though. I can't wait. I was going to get my nose done with another doctor but after seeing so many good reviews about Dr. grigoriyants I want to meet with him now. Did insurance cover your septoplasty?

Experience

I feel like I haven't written much about the process so I just wanted to do a quick little review of my surgery experience. The staff at Verdugo Hills hospital was amazing. Everyone was so friendly and did all they could to make me feel comfortable. I got there 2 hours before my surgery, filled out all the paperwork, got my IV in and then waited...a while haha. I was just ready to be drugged so I didn't know what was happening. They took me into the surgery waiting room or whatever you wanna call it and I met my anesthesiologist and he asked me some questions then left, and then Dr. G came in and talked to me. He has such a calming demeanor, I felt less nervous after he talked to me. Then my nurse came in, such a sweetheart! And they took me into the surgery room. I was like "okay I'm getting nervous, drug me" and the anesthesiologist said "okay are you ready to go to magic happy land?" and thats the last I remember haha.
Then I woke up to nurses giving me water and crackers. Then woke up in another room with my mom and nurses and they gave me vicoden, and then I threw up oops haha. Then after a while got wheeled out to the car and my mom drove us to the hotel. When I got to the hotel I threw up again but that was it. Then I took my vicoden and antibiotics and slept. Dr. Grigoryants called to check up on me. He also gave his personal cell number if we had any questions. The next 2 or 3 days were rough, I think I took too much vicoden to be honest. I was knocked out and didn't feel like myself. My mom called Dr. G and he was like stop with the vicoden! haha then I felt much better.
Cast off was great no pain. Dr. G remembered my mom had called and said 'did you feel better when you took tylenol?', I just like that with all the patients he has and doing 3 surgeries a day he remembers little things. He spent a lot of time with me! We chatted and he answered all my questions and he's just wonderful. I also always heard people had long wait times at his office, but I haven't experienced that yet. Maybe I will at my check ups.
Anyway I'm almost 3 weeks now but I have healed so quickly! I had a lot of bruising but not too much swelling. I didn't even use arnica, my dr. doesn't seem to believe in it haha. I did drink pineapple juice though. They say it takes a year and half to be completely normal, but I hope it doesn't change too much I love it already haha. No one has noticed! I have to show my friends before and afters and then they're like "oh wow it's so much better" but I look the same from the front, which is what I wanted.
Overall it's been a great experience. 3 days of misery but then I have a new nose for the rest of my life. I highly recommend Dr. Grigoryants to anyone looking! As for boost in confidence, it's funny because I have always been a confident girl and when I'm out with friends I don't think about it really, because well life goes on. but when I catch a glimpse in the mirror, or see pictures, or even doing my makeup I feel soo much better about myself. It's just something I don't have to think about any more and I'm so glad I did it! I know its still early, but I think it will only get better from here. And to people considering surgery please feel free to ask me any questions. This site has been so helpful for me and I have really appreciated all the support!
Oh wow, you're doctor did an amazing job, very talented! I bet you are so thrilled! Very natural :)
Thank so much, I am! haha

1 month

Had my 1 month post op apt with Dr. G today. It's been exactly one month. Can't believe it, it's gone by so fast! I'm just so happy with it. Couldn't have asked for a better nose. Meeting with Dr. G was great, he's happy and says the swelling has gone down really fast. I can exercise again! and wear sunglasses! stoked. haha. I read a lot about wait times being so long but so far I haven't had to wait more than 10 min. He always spends a lot of time with me and answers all of my questions and remembers everything which means a lot. Haven't really taken many pics lately so i took some just now before I go to bed haha. Hope everyone is well!
Definitely beautiful before but your nose just looks fantastic now! My nose is a bit bigger than yours was before your surgery, so I'm praying that my results are as good as yours. Again, you look wonderful!
Thanks so much! Best of luck to you, I don't know where you are but I definitely recommend Dr. g :)
love!! I want a front pic lol it keeps getting more and more perfect!

front pic :)

2 and a half months post op

Hey friends! Just updating. Still thrilled with my new nose. So happy and grateful for it! Also found some pics I took right before going into surgery. It feels like it was so long ago. Hope everyone is well!
Thank you very much for all your insight. We are traveling from Florida to Glendale for Dr. G. I only hear wonderful things about him. I hope my daughters rhinoplasty goes as well as yours. You look terrific! Btw, where did u end up staying ( the hotel)
Check your PM.
Hi, I hope that you are well. Would you mind providing your feedback on the doctor and his staff? I was sure I was getting my rhino with Dr. G until I tried to set a date with his receptionist and they were extremely unprofessional so now I'm not so sure. Also, in what hospital did you have your surgery? Thanks

6 months

I think it's been exactly 6 months now. Crazy. I forget I even had it done, just so happened to think of realself today and realized it's been exactly 6 months. Anywho things are good. Loving my nose, like I said, I rarely think about it. I won't lie, there are small imperfections. I feel that there is a bit of a dent on one side but dr. g. said he could do a filler or something. I'm very happy I chose to have it done. It's so weird how much I used to think about my nose, ridiculous actually, and now I never think about it! Best of luck to anyone having surgery or thinking about it. As long as you do a lot of research and go with the right doctor I'm sure it will be a happy outcome! P.s. these pictures are random, just the most recent.
Heya Candance! How is your breathing a few months down the line? Your nose is gorgeous! Is your smile back to normal now too? Please can you let me know what it was like to travel there from far away as I will be coming from the UK!? THANKS so much for sharing! :D
Your nose turned out so well! I've been thinking about rhinoplasty for years and this morning, I received a phone call from Dr. G's office telling me that I'm off the waitlist for a surgery date in September. I honestly don't know what to do. I have the money (though just barely- haha) but now that it actually comes down to it, I'm feeling trigger shy. I'd love your advice!
Your nose is adorable. It looks like Britney Spears'; a perfect, little button nose!
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon