Finally !!! New Nose! - Glendale, CA

Well… like most of you, I have wanted this...

Well… like most of you, I have wanted this surgery for a very long time. The reason: plain and simple, I hated my nose. Like many, I struggled with having the trifecta of bad noses: size, bump, and profile. I hated all three characteristics, and I felt like I was born with a strangers nose..lol. I knew that I was meant to have a different nose, so after a year of research, I decided to finally undergo the procedure. I narrowed it down to two doctors Dr Ashkan Ghavami from Beverly Hills, CA and Dr. Vladimir Grigoryants from Glendale, CA.

Why I became a Grigoryants Girl !

After several months of research, I decided to go with Grioryants because not only did he have amazing reviews all around (all websites-including Yelp..lol), his before and after pictures were also great. This biggest tip I have when choosing a doctor is to look at the before and after pictures and ask yourself two questions. 1. Does the person on the picture look better than before? 2. Does the nose look natural? Lots of doctors tend to give everyone the same looking nose, but there are only a few doctors that are truly talented to sculpt a better version of your nose that is customized to your face. He is truly an artist because he understands the different ethnic characteristics and takes them into consideration when performing the procedure. The other reason why I picked him was how nice, cordial, sweet, and professional he is. That is also why he receives so many amazing reviews. He will answer all your questions through the whole process and if you have and doubts or concerns he will address them all. ALSO! His consultation is FREE! Beware … however, if you schedule a consolation on the weekend you could be waiting from 1-3 hours! He is usually booked 3 to 4 months in advanced. My consultation was in February and my surgery was performed on July 3, 2014.

If anyone is curious as to why I did not go with Dr Ashkan Ghavami here goes…… for the following reason. 1. He charges between $250 to $300 depending on the season, and I read horror stories that he will still make you wait for hours even though you pay to see him! 2. Costumer service/ Bedside manners/Responsiveness all suck. My best friend schedule a consultation with him which she completely regrets and felt that his staff was cold and snobby. She also said that he rushed her during her consolation and she felt that unless she was famous or provided some value to his practice other than money …he could care less . Now… I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. You know... Maybe he was having a bad day or he wasn't on his A game. However, I was surprised to read similar reviews about his practice on this website. 3. He chargers double for a Rhinoplasty $14,000 and his reviews were not impressive at all. He even had a couple of “Not Worth it” reviews on this site included patience that were very upset with their results.

Sorry for the delay

Sorry for the delay in uploading before pictures. I was having a hard time finding normal front view pictures. Never liked taking pictures before, and I would always make silly faces because I hated my nose. I will try to find profile pictures next.

The longest Month of my life !

Seriously, it’s so funny how dead on people are on this website about their experience through the recovery process with rhinoplasty. Before getting this procedure, I read a ton of postings regarding the recovery process because I wanted to mentally prepare myself. OMG! I’m glad I did or I would not have survived..lol Everything you will read is dead on and will be applicable in one way, shape or form. In fact, I guarantee that if you discovered this website before you undergo your procedure you will come back after and reread postings on recovery for mental peace and comfort.

What to expect in the first month of recovery: Anxiety, Fear, Sadness, Relief, Uncertainty, Joy, Shock, and, most of all lack of Patience. Be ready to ride a roller-coaster of emotions. First stop is anxiety - The first month of recovery is absolutely the hardest. Starting with the cast removal! The cast removal is an experience in and of itself. You will be anxious and excited and that will completely go out the door after they remove the cast and both emotions will quickly be replaced with shock and amazement with how different your face will look! For me, it was a total overhaul of my nose or at least that is what I felt at the time. It was drastically different. This might not be everyone’s experience, depending on the depth of the procedure but for me, he fixed my profile, narrowed my bridged and also my tip. Full overhaul, so when I looked in the mirror I didn't even recognized my face. Now, it is VERY important to remain calm because you will most likely freak out with this dramatic change. I even felt sad because at that moment I realized that my face would never look the same and it’s not like getting a hair cut because your nose will not grow back…
Anyway, Cast came off and I didn't feel like I was super swollen which worried me because at that time I felt like my nose looked pinched, and I was also concerned that my nose was extremely upturned which I did not want to begin with. I wanted a very slight slop. My nose looked so tiny and it freaked me out because if I was swollen, and my nose looked small. I questioned what the heck was my nose was going to look like after the swelling subside. Dr. Vladimir Grigoryants however calm me down and explained to me that my nose was extremely upturned because I had swelling on my bridge and over time my tip would drop.
The following 3 weeks are really hard because you will look in the mirror and some days you will love your new nose and other days you will question the results. I would also alternate from looking like an Avatar, Pig, Pug, Bug and Peter Pan. My eyes looked spaced out because of the swelling and needless to say it was not very fun. Again, be patient and take comfort in knowing that your nose will change drastically over the course of several months, and you are not an exception because that also went through my mind…. I was scared that I was an anomaly and had super healing powers and therefore would be stuck with an Avatar / Peter Pan nose….lol

One month ! loving my new nose!

I sincerely apologize for the pictures. I know they're not very good for the purpose of comparing before and after. I will take more and find better before pictures as well.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Love the new nose, how did you feel and function for the first 2 days? I and going in for a rhino with him plus he is fixing my deviated septum and I am so scared.
Great result! No bump and it looks pretty natural :) Enjoy your new nose!
beautiful result, congrats!
Glad to se another Grigoryants girl! :) I had surgery with him in April could not be more pleased! Hes the best! I agree I also had a consultation with Ghavami and experienced the same things hence why I went with Dr G and I'm sooo happy I did! You look great!
aww thank you for your comments! happy healing !
To all G girls, does anyone know if he has got experience in rib revision rhinoplasty? I have seen good reviews including lovely Lucy's but it wasn't a complex surgery (looks very good!). Considering Sam Naficy ac well, but he is way 2 expensive.
Ah my rhinoplasty is exactly two weeks away! You look SO beautiful! Your nose is perfect!
thank you love! best of luck! cant wait to see your results. let me know if you have any questions.
best of luck! Can't wait to see your results. Let me know if you have any questions or if i can help in any way possible. I am here for support :)
I'm glad you are loving your new nose, it looks fantastic! I also want to tell you that your review of 'what to expect the first month post op' is SPOT ON! I've felt everything you mentioned, and I'm only 2 weeks post..lol. Good luck with your healing process :)
thank you !! hope you have an easy recovery. Best wishes ! Stay positive :)
You look amazing! I love your new nose. I know exactly how you felt in your update today as i'm going through it now but its really reassuring to know you love your new nose now, that means theirs still hope for me! Thank you for updating.
Oh honey... thank you for reaching out to me. Please let me know if you have any questions or if you need someone to talk to. i had a hard time with it mentally and know what your going through. Be patient ... trust me.. your nose will continue to change. My nose looked crazy, crooked, and lopsided because of the swelling. I would cry sometimes because it looked over done. Please remember that noses take very long to heal and take comfort in knowing that your nose will look softer and will settle into your face... just takes time. In the morning my nose still looks crazy! Best wishes love and be strong :)
Aw thank you so much! so reassuring and helpful. It feels great to know i'm not the only one haha.. and i'm sure yours will only get better even though you were already beautiful before and after surgery. thanks again
You look LOVELY :) Congrats on your new nose. I wish you continued happy healing!!
Thank you so much ! Best of luck if you are getting the procedure. Do your research and let me know if you have any questions.
You look so gorgeous! I'm really thinking of going with Dr. Grigoryants, but I don't know if I can schedule surgery so far out :(
lol I know exactly what you mean! I went in there thinking i was going to book him two weeks out after my consultation ... However, they do have a special waiting list that will allow you to take up any cancellations. Best of luck love!
Yay! Thanks so much. I literally just called and got put on the waitlist this morning :) Is that how you scheduled yours or did you do it in the regular way?
No. However, there was a cancellation available but i couldn't take the time off of work. Good luck! cant wait to see your results :)
They just called me with a cancellation in a month! EEK! I don't know what to do!
looks really good, thanks for sharing!
thank you !
Thank you for sharing and adding extra details! What was your rhinoplasty recovery like? Any major rough patches?
Hi! Sorry for the delay. I just updated my posting. Yes, the first month is the hardest. Avoid mirrors !..lol.. After the one month mark, I loved my new nose. I will take more pictures and find better ones to post :)