Can't Believe I'm 14 Days Away.. - Glendale, CA

Like everyone else on here, I've always been self...

Like everyone else on here, I've always been self conscious about my nose. However, I honestly believe its tolerable, and there are some days where I don't feel self conscious about it and I basically convince myself its not bad at all and some days (mostly when im wearing less- no makeup) where I completely hate it and want to change it. I guess thats the reason why I want this procedure done so bad; I want to look better naturally as ironic as it sounds. I've been researching doctors for some time now. I was almost about to go with doctor ghavami, but given the recent bad reviews he's been getting and my rushed phone consultation with him (I live in NY), I decided to seek out another doctor. I came across doctor grigoryants by someone else on realself whom was also about to go with doctor ghavami as well, but mentioned she will not be for the same reason and proceeded with saying she will be going with dr grigoryants. I was immediately blown away by his before and after photos, his results truly seem too good to be true. Fast forward, I gave in my booking fee without even having a consultation with the doctor. In fact, im 14 days away from my surgery and I hadn't had a consultation with the doctor yet. Needless to say im scared of the outcome, im also scared of the fact that I have not yet spoken to the dr that will determine my confidence level in which I believe in an essential factor to living life without any . I wasn't comfortable with the idea, but I complied when they said it would be better if I emailed him. Because I am a full time college student, I hadnt had any time (since april) to sit down and write a full detailed email with pictures describing what I would want or wouldn't want to be done (I thought it would be necessary since I hadnt had a consultation. I finally came back from a well deserved 3 week vacation in which I took as soon as finals ended so I am beginning to do this now.
My surgery date is on july 28 and Im not really sure I want to post pictures on here, but for anyone that wants me to send pictures personally on email, Ill be glad to as I know the reviews on here as well as the pictures posted is what really helped me make my decision in which doctor to choose.
Not so much scared of the first week-2 weeks of discomfort but more so the result. Anyone have words of encouragement? Would greatly appreciate it!
Also, what supplies do I need to have to somewhat speed up the recovery process?

2 more days!!! Ahhh

Okay now I'm nervous. I apologize for sounding so stupid in the last post, didn't even bother reading it over and now realizing it makes no sense.. Lol please disregard it. Anyways I decided I am going to post pictures so here are pictures of me pre-op. There are some pictures I take where the lighting hides my nose or I just pose at a certain angle to make it look not as big lol.
Anyways, I arrived at California today, I know I said I wasn't so nervous for the surgery but I am and I hope I don't have an anxiety attack right before but really praying I don't.

Tomorrow!

I can't believe its tomorrow! I am really nervous about the unknown so lets hope I dont start having a panic attack before surgery. I am scheduled to be there at 6am which means I have to get up at 4:30 since im an hour away from glendale. On one hand I feel like its finally happening, and on another hand I feel like I shouldnt be doing this... second thoughts? I think so. Its just so scary and I have to distract myself from thinking too much about it. Wish me luck!
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Hey sweety I hope you feel better, I was waiting to go in and you were recovering in the bed next to mine! I think you had more work done than me so I hope you're not too sore. I can't private message you on here for some reason but if you want to send me your cell number in a message we can support each other via text this week if you like? All the best and congrats for getting to the other side! The future's bright! :)
I feel exactly the same as your last update!!
How did your pre-op go? What time is your surgery tomorrow? Mine is about midday so I'll be there from 10ish.
My appointment was at 1230, I got there about 7 minutes late and was the last one to enter even though there were people constantly walking in that went in before me.. Besides for the wait, I went in and the doctor didn't say much, and I was pretty nervous so it ended quick.. As I walked out I was extremely disappointed, mostly in myself, and I didn't feel confident whatsoever. I was even contemplating on canceling my surgery.. So I told Gohar I really don't feel confident enough to go through with the surgery and if there was any way I can have some time before the surgery to talk more. She immediately took me in to the room and let me talk to him again. I then told him everything I needed to say and he was incredibly honest but again didn't say too much after I told him what I wanted. Of course I know it's not going to be perfect, but I just felt he emphasized that a little too much.. Overall it wasn't so bad, it was just a really long wait and I wish he talked more..how did yours go? Did I by any chance see you? I know there was a girl who arrived right before me for her pre op appointment so I wondered if it was you. At first they scheduled me for 8am then they moved me to 6am which was what I wanted
Yes I arrived just before you, I'm not sure why they saw me first, my appointment was 1pm, I was finally seen at 2:30pm! I didn't spend much time either and Dr G encouraged me to use a morph app as the pictures I was showing him were not really workable on my nose. I got an idea of what he thought would work but was finding it hard to visualize his and my ideas… I have since made a morphed pic of my profile and sent it to him via email and he replied that it was too small so I made another and he said he would try to get a result similar. Tomorrow I intend to talk to him again (as he said that would be possible) - I want to reiterate what I would like but also trust his judgement on what will fit my face as he is the expert and he can assess facial balance etc which I think is very hard to do on your own face! I also understand that things can change when he has me on the operating table too - with cartilage and skin thickness etc. So I am less confident than I would like to be but I guess I trust his abilities and that he really wants the best result for me.
Same for me. I truly love his honesty, though. I have deep indentations along my alar rim and he instantly noticed it and told me he can't fix it, which was fine with me, but I told him I wouldn't want it accentuated because some of his after photos of his patients develop lines (if that makes sense) near the tip of the nose which I wouldn't like, but definitely looks good on them. I am super nervous for tomorrow and im sure you are too. Gotta wake up at 4:30 and im going to be in the recovery room until 2 since the nurse is only available at that time. I hope he has a good day tomorrow and our noses come out flawless!
Best of luck to you!! I think having him on a Monday is good, hopefully fresh after a day off :) I'm sure we will be happy! Keep in touch in recovery! Xx
I'm from NY too!!! So happy to see others girls flying out to LA for rhinoplasties!!! :) I am scheduled with dr. G on december 4th!
So exciting! He told me he has a lot of ny patients. You have a long way to go but wishing you the best of luck! I really hope all goes well for surgery tomorrow! So nervous :/
I arrived today aswell! Pre-op tomorrow!!
Ahh so exciting! What time? Mine is at 1230
Good luck. It's approaching soon. I don't think you should be too nervous. Grigoryants is a good rhinoplasty surgeon. Just be sure you tell him what you want done exactly. You mentioned that you don't like your nose only sometimes. It sounds like you probably just want slight refining? Maybe emphasize that to him so he doesn't make it too drastic of a change. If that's what you want. I'd love to see pics if you personal messaged me. I'm having surgery with him soon. :)
Thank you for the advice and your kind words! I decided I will post photos due to the insane amount of messaging I'm getting so watch out for those, hopefully on Friday when I arrive in ca I will post photos of my before :)
Looking forward to seeing pics! I'm speaking for everyone on here. Haha.
Thanks so much for paying it forward and starting your story on RealSelf! Here's a list of supplies to hopefully make your recovery more comfortable. Do try to speak with Dr. G. as soon as possible to get your questions answered. I'm looking forward to following along on your journey!

P.S. You can post photos with your eyes cropped out. Let me know if you need help with that. Photos are proven to increase engagement on stories. :)