So happy I made the right decision..

Like everyone else on here, I've always been self...

Like everyone else on here, I've always been self conscious about my nose. However, I honestly believe its tolerable, and there are some days where I don't feel self conscious about it and I basically convince myself its not bad at all and some days (mostly when im wearing less- no makeup) where I completely hate it and want to change it. I guess thats the reason why I want this procedure done so bad; I want to look better naturally as ironic as it sounds. I've been researching doctors for some time now. I was almost about to go with doctor ghavami, but given the recent bad reviews he's been getting and my rushed phone consultation with him (I live in NY), I decided to seek out another doctor. I came across doctor grigoryants by someone else on realself whom was also about to go with doctor ghavami as well, but mentioned she will not be for the same reason and proceeded with saying she will be going with dr grigoryants. I was immediately blown away by his before and after photos, his results truly seem too good to be true. Fast forward, I gave in my booking fee without even having a consultation with the doctor. In fact, im 14 days away from my surgery and I hadn't had a consultation with the doctor yet. Needless to say im scared of the outcome, im also scared of the fact that I have not yet spoken to the dr that will determine my confidence level in which I believe in an essential factor to living life without any . I wasn't comfortable with the idea, but I complied when they said it would be better if I emailed him. Because I am a full time college student, I hadnt had any time (since april) to sit down and write a full detailed email with pictures describing what I would want or wouldn't want to be done (I thought it would be necessary since I hadnt had a consultation. I finally came back from a well deserved 3 week vacation in which I took as soon as finals ended so I am beginning to do this now.
My surgery date is on july 28 and Im not really sure I want to post pictures on here, but for anyone that wants me to send pictures personally on email, Ill be glad to as I know the reviews on here as well as the pictures posted is what really helped me make my decision in which doctor to choose.
Not so much scared of the first week-2 weeks of discomfort but more so the result. Anyone have words of encouragement? Would greatly appreciate it!
Also, what supplies do I need to have to somewhat speed up the recovery process?

2 more days!!! Ahhh

Okay now I'm nervous. I apologize for sounding so stupid in the last post, didn't even bother reading it over and now realizing it makes no sense.. Lol please disregard it. Anyways I decided I am going to post pictures so here are pictures of me pre-op. There are some pictures I take where the lighting hides my nose or I just pose at a certain angle to make it look not as big lol.
Anyways, I arrived at California today, I know I said I wasn't so nervous for the surgery but I am and I hope I don't have an anxiety attack right before but really praying I don't.

Tomorrow!

I can't believe its tomorrow! I am really nervous about the unknown so lets hope I dont start having a panic attack before surgery. I am scheduled to be there at 6am which means I have to get up at 4:30 since im an hour away from glendale. On one hand I feel like its finally happening, and on another hand I feel like I shouldnt be doing this... second thoughts? I think so. Its just so scary and I have to distract myself from thinking too much about it. Wish me luck!

Day 2/3 post op

There was no wait time on the morning of surgery probably because I was the first one scheduled. Everything literally happened so fast, before I knew it the anesthesiologist was telling me it's time for surgery, and I was like 'already?!' That was the last thing I remembered before I woke up. Before going in I showed the doctor pictures of noses I liked, he told me what he thought would fit my face and was very honest (which I love about him) I would hate to have a doctor tell me he can do something when he can't. When I woke up the nurses were very kind, and they told me I looked great. Shortly after one of them walked me to the bathroom and realized they lied to be nice! I looked like I just got hit by a bus!! Under my eyes were these big swelled up bruises, I hardly recognized myself. I didn't feel nauseous or dizzy whatsoever just slight pressure in the bridge area. I didn't even realize it but I woke up at around 12:30 and my surgery took place at 7, so not sure if that's normal after anesthesia but the nurses said I slept a lot.. The doctor came in after I woke up and said my result came out beautiful and very natural, which was definitely reassuring. Overall, I know I picked the right doctor, and I know the result will come out great. Even though I can't see it, I can see the tip and when I turn to the side, no more bump! I can't wait for my post op appointment with dr g on Saturday at 12! I have 2 more full days and the cast come off. I am congested and it's quite uncomfortable but it's definitely manageable :)

Feeling great

Today I feel extra energized unlike the last couple of days, not complaining though because this surgery has truly been a breeze. I think it's mainly because the word and thought of having surgery is scary, but it's really not. I have all prescribed medications at hand and have not even taken any because I don't feel any pain/nausea/dizziness at all. I took a Tylenol yesterday but I have no idea why I did I honestly didn't even need it. I definitely look worse than I feel, since I'm still all swollen and bruised up in the face. It has gotten a little better than yesterday though so I'm happy about that. I made myself a strawberry, blueberry, mango and kiwi smoothie this morning (yes, i brang my blender with me lol) and it was really filling. I haven't really had an appetite since the surgery but I still knew I had to eat so I did. I definitely have a greater appetite today so will be making myself 2 big avocado salads for lunch and dinner (that's all I ever eat anyways). Anyways, I'm really happy and patiently waiting for my cast to come off this Saturday!

Day 5/6/ Cast Removal!

So I got my cast taken off today and I couldn't be happier. I have this cute button nose that I just can't stop looking at! Yes its really swollen and yes it does look pig like, but I know that once all that goes down, it'll look amazing. The doctor really did listen to what I told him I had wanted, I didnt think I was clear about certain things which really did scare me after surgery but it's everything I asked and more! Really hoping the tip drops soon because I look like avatar right now lol..

Making comparisons

Getting a little scared

So I know I'm swollen but I'm so scared about the way my face looks right now. My eyes are extremely far apart at first I was positive it will come closer together after swelling has gone down a little but now I'm starting to get really nervous, I can show pictures to whoever leaves their email and I just wanna know if it's normal to look this way since my eyes have never been so wide apart before surgery.. Please if anyone knows, comment below would greatly appreciate it

Michael Jackson nose :/

I know im probably swollen but I just dont think I look human. I hardly have any bruising left and people are still staring.. what do I do? Should I wait it out? I havent called in to tell the doctor im unhappy because im just hoping it will get better, I just cant take how people are staring at me everywhere I go. After today, i've decided to stay indoors because its really taking a toll on me. Never would I think I would look like this after surgery.. I am uploading pictures so you can see what I mean.

2 weeks post op

I have been loving all the positive comments i've been getting on here, it has definitely helped me through this emotional roller coaster i've been on and so I am incredibly thankful to have others on here who have been through the same thing, reassure me that everything will be okay. If I had to make a judgement today, I would say that I hate my nose, and that I think it looks unnatural and too upturned for my liking, but since I know that I'm still incredibly swollen and i'm only 2 weeks out, I cant really make a final judgement. I haven't seen much of a change in my nose since i've last posted, which is odd because i've seen a huge change from the day I got my cast removal up until day 10 post op. Even though i'm not happy with how it looks now, i find myself taking pictures of it so much more than I ever took pictures of myself lol... does that sound strange? I guess i'm really just trying to get used to my new nose because it still looks really weird to me. Not only does it look weird to me, I feel like its some foreign object just sitting on my face lol.. has anyone ever felt this way?
Anyways, will post pictures to show what it looks like today and i'm hoping to update more again when i'm 1 month post op so that my tip will hopefully drop and some of the swelling will subside

Pictures

Not showing the front view yet since it's still really swollen but here are some pictures from today

Gets better everyday

Very pleased with my new nose

I really want to apologize for possibly overreacting and for judging way too soon. I always heard (before getting my nose done) that rhinoplasty is a long and hard procedure and that results almost never come right away... Boy were they right! For some reason I thought I was an exemption and I would see immediate results! lol I just feel like I was too quick to judge and I'm sorry for misleading some of you! Even though I didn't like my nose right after cast removal (and btw, I love it now) I still never questioned whether or not I chose the right doctor because Dr. G's work spoke for it self. I truly loved ALL of his after photos of his patients and I was sure he wasn't going to disappoint. I'm sure if I went to another surgeon, my nose would not be as straight as it is now (I had a deviated septum) not to mention breathe as much as I can now. I never even knew I couldn't breathe well before I had this done and now, I sometimes feel i'm breathing in too much air because the feeling is just so alien to me. Anyways, I see my nose improving more and more each day! My cousin just came in the other day from Israel, and I didn't tell her a thing! At the end of the day, she asked me if I had a nose job, and I admitted I did. She told me how much better I looked and how it looks like a cute button nose. I didn't tell my fiance yet, because i'm scared what he might think of me. I'm hoping he doesn't notice, although many of my friends have and said I look different (in a good way). I finally went through old pictures of myself and found a great comparison picture. Every time I used to take a picture, I would either manipulate it to make my nose look smaller somehow, or delete it right away. But this picture truly shows how my nose looked; really droopy and a slight bump. The only regret I have is not taking more pictures of my nose before surgery. I definitely don't miss it, but it would be great for comparison photos!

Before and after

Consuming Alcohol Day 26

Last night was the first night I drank alcohol since mid june and I don't think i'm ever drinking again, not for another 6 months at least. Not only was my nose incredibly swollen from the excessive amounts of alcohol I consumed but I came home last night (not completely sober), and I took a q-tip to clean out my nose because I felt like I could hardly breathe by how much dry mucus was in there (gross I know), and suddenly I saw blood on the q tip.. I began to panic; I got so scared thinking about what the doctor said about any blood coming out of your nostrils being dangerous after the 7 day mark. I'm 26 days post-op and I'm wondering if anyone has gone through the same thing? My cousin says it's completely normal to bleed even 3 months after rhinoplasty (she had a nose job too) but I knew it wasn't, then she told me it could just be from the alcohol or maybe I might've touched something when I cleaned it. I was not dripping blood but it was more like bloody mucous.. I'm not scared anymore since I didn't have any blood in there this morning but I just don't know what caused it. Does alcohol cause nose bleeds?

One month post op

I am so happy with my results! It definitely fits my face a lot more than my old one.. The only thing I've noticed is that my 3/4 view looks odd in photos but I know there's still a lot of swelling present.. Either way I would be happy if it stayed the way it is now since I really am obsessed with it!

Front view photo

What a difference!

I couldn't be happier with my decision to get rhinoplasty. I could tell it's still my nose, minus the deformities, which is exactly what I asked for. Dr. G is a miracle worker!

Dark circles..

so my bruises under my eyes that were present in my 10 day post op pictures are long gone, but it seems dark circles have replaced them. Is this normal? It almost looks like I have bags under my eyes, I've never had dark circles hang this low... I'm getting a little tired of applying concealer over them every day and i really want to know if this sort of thing is permanent? It's very noticeable and when people ask me why I have bags under my eyes I say that I get no sleep.. because that's exactly what it looks like lol.. has anyone experienced this after rhinoplasty? I'm now a little more than a month post op..help!
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

You look fantastic.
Gorgeous!
Thank you :) so are you!
Looks amazing!
Thank you! :)
Wow! Your new nose is amazing, it's so cute and you look absolutely fabulous!
Aww thank you!! you're so sweet
Wow!! So good!!!
Thank you!! :)
You had mentioned that your nose would get wide when you would smile. After the surgery does your nose still get wide when you smile or laugh or has it improved?
Hey no it doesn't! Even though he didn't narrow my nostrils, I think he somehow tightened them to not widen.. I did tell him it widens when I smile so he said he would definitely do something to fix that.. I think that was the only reason I wanted my nostrils pulled in a tad bit but I'm glad he didn't touch them because they look great as is
Yea it looks great! Its such a relief to read your response that's probably one of the main reasons if not the main reason I'm having my surgery. My nose really widens wen I smile or laugh.
Yeah but I really had to emphasize that to him since the dr's first response to that was "everyone's nose widens when they smile.. See" then he showed me loll.. I later repeated it and he said it wouldn't be a problem to fix.. Just make sure he understands you and what you look for
Hey, your nose looks awesome..my nose i little bit like yours and make me so happy that you had such a great result
Thank you!! If it is, I'm sure you would get a similar result with dr g :)
Looks so good !
Looks great!
Thank you!! :)
You made my day! My cast came off today and it looks exactly the same as yours when yours came off. I was a bit worried that my nose would stay like this (not ugly, just swollen), and seeing yours becoming perfect after a while is amazing and gives me hope. Thanks, you're beautiful!
Aww! reading this post literally made my day. This is the exact reason why I post on here.. to help people like you. I really did think my nose was going to stay that way, and trust me it looked worse the day after cast removal (and the 6 hour flight back) but I promise you, it won't. Patience is key and at the one month mark i'm sure you will see a big difference from how it looks now.. just stay away from mirrors til then! lol and no.. thank you! :)
Your nose looks amazing! It really suits your face :) lucky girl!
Thank you, love! I think so too :D
I love your nose. Was it open or closed rhinoplasty?
Thank you! closed :)